Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 PM

191 posts, read 712,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you forgot the part where we killed a bunch of people to steal the oven. and i think we used immigrant labor to grow the ingredients and prepare the food. we just kind of eat it.
You forgot the part where we are a great country in our own right with our own laws and regulations. You forgot the rules of war. You forgot the part where the immigrant labor to grow the ingredients was paid quite well in under-the-table, untaxed cash -- as well as other premium benefits like welfare, free health care, and the like. You forgot the part where said labor also availed themselves of government services and infrastructure without contributing to same.

I will eat my pie, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
legally? ok. but the laws are not the final say in what is just. thats why we repeal them and modify them. as a people, we learn from our mistakes, and we do make mistakes.
Did you ever take a course on US Government in high school?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Quote:
because the IRS forcefully imposes its will on the people makes their activities lawful?

a quick study would show that the supreme court conferred no new powers of taxation in the 16th amendment, because it is contradictory to the constitutional mandate that all direct taxes must be apportioned. i trust the constitution moreso than the IRS. the tax code doesn't even define income! if the taxman puts me in jail, then so be it. doesn't make him right, just powerful.

If the taxman puts you in jail you best hope you don't get a cell mate name Bubba.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You seem to be implying that no one except your illustrious self has had any contact with illegals. Most of us have.
Their coming here 'to make a better life for themselves' is at the expense of the average American. Entering our country illegally to drop an anchor baby is called gaming the system.
thats the law. and you love your precious laws, dont you?

Quote:
When an illegal alien woman shows up in labor at a hospital (that is required by law to treat her) here is a person who has most likely never worked a day in her life in the US.
most likely? based off of what? and what about her husband/boyfriend?

Quote:
Never contributed one dime. Yet the hapless US taxpayer ends up footing the bill for her delivery AND now she has a little anchor, a US citizen and this is when the good times begin to roll.
illegal immigrants due pay taxes, too. not all of them, but not all americans do either.

Quote:
She will probably leave the hospital with all sorts of freebies (carseat, formula) and from now on the anchor baby will recieve free health care.
good. i would think it morally reprehensible to let a baby be malnourished and medically unsupervised.

Quote:
Because there is now a US citizen, the entire family qualifies for section 8 housing assistance, WIC ,etc.
cool. they probably need it. again, the laws that you love hard at work.

Quote:
And all this goes on while American families struggle to afford health care. And you wonder why people resent illegals?
universal healthcare is in the hands of our politicians. take it up with them.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Did you ever take a course on US Government in high school?
ok then. assume that the laws are just and the final say. do you still have an argument against amnesty?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:

illegal immigrants due pay taxes, too. not all of them, but not all americans do either.

good. i would think it morally reprehensible to let a baby be malnourished and medically unsupervised.

So GHOST, the laws you like are fair and just, yet the laws regarding illegal immigration are "mistakes"? Why shouldn't all laws be equally enforced?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
If the taxman puts you in jail you best hope you don't get a cell mate name Bubba.
excellent contribution. MOD CUT

Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
You forgot the part where we are a great country in our own right with our own laws and regulations.
great country? the country that had slavery, segregation, and was established after genocide of the natives? i guess thats your opinion.

Quote:
You forgot the rules of war.
the united states is hardly the poster boy for following rules of war.

Quote:
You forgot the part where the immigrant labor to grow the ingredients was paid quite well in under-the-table, untaxed cash --
employer's fault.

Quote:
as well as other premium benefits like welfare, free health care, and the like.
aka basic HUMAN rights.

Quote:
You forgot the part where said labor also availed themselves of government services and infrastructure without contributing to same.
untrue. even today, illegals pay taxes and contribute to SS.

Quote:
I will eat my pie, thank you.
god bless america. lies and pies.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
great country? the country that had slavery, segregation, and was established after genocide of the natives? i guess thats your opinion.

Well, according to your own previous posts, immigrants are coming here for a better opportunity. I guess we're not so bad after all, then?

the united states is hardly the poster boy for following rules of war.

And who is?

employer's fault.

Of course it is. It is always someone else's fault.

aka basic HUMAN rights.

untrue. even today, illegals pay taxes and contribute to SS.

A small proportion.

god bless america. lies and pies.
I guess you could always immigrate to a better country.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by andreabeth
You seem to be implying that no one except your illustrious self has had any contact with illegals. Most of us have.
Their coming here 'to make a better life for themselves' is at the expense of the average American. Entering our country illegally to drop an anchor baby is called gaming the system.
The 14th Amendment was written to insure the children of former slaves were given citizenship. It's original purpose has been prostituted, it was never intended to provide cover for illegals who wish to scam the US.

Quote:
:
When an illegal alien woman shows up in labor at a hospital (that is required by law to treat her) here is a person who has most likely never worked a day in her life in the US.
Most likey based off the fact that the typical anchor mother-to-be enters the country in an advanced state of pregnancy. I know this how? See previous post.

Quote:
:
Never contributed one dime. Yet the hapless US taxpayer ends up footing the bill for her delivery AND now she has a little anchor, a US citizen and this is when the good times begin to roll.
The minimal, if any, taxes they pay does not begin to cover the expenses they incur.

Quote:
:
She will probably leave the hospital with all sorts of freebies (carseat, formula) and from now on the anchor baby will recieve free health care.
good.
i would think it morally reprehensible to let a baby be malnourished and medically unsupervised.
You get a cookie.

Quote:
:
Because there is now a US citizen, the entire family qualifies for section 8 housing assistance, WIC ,etc.
And that is one more American family in need of section 8 housing assistance that will just have to go without.

Quote:
:
And all this goes on while American families struggle to afford health care. And you wonder why people resent illegals?
I am not interested in providing universal health care for illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration