Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:35 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share this with you people, it's been translated from spanish.

Mexico's creating strong foundations for high growth IMF.

México crea bases para alto crecimiento: FMI - El Universal - Finanzas

The international monetary fund (IMF) affirmed today that the reform process in Mexico is an step in the right direction on the creation of solid foundations for high growth rates on the long term.

"What we see with the new Mexico's government is that they are systematically developing reforms that are designed to raise Mexico's growth on the middle term" stated the director of the Department for the Occidental hemisphere of the IMF, Annop Singh.

He gave an estimation of the performance that mexican economy could experience in the next 6 or 7 months should be something to be aware of.

In a press conference, Singh repeated that even though the proyection of the IMF for Mexico-s growth stays lower than 3.0 percent thus contradicting the estimations of the Mexican government, the economy indicators on the short term are favorable.

Singh explained that because it is the most integrated country to the United States economy which is facing an slowdown of about 2.0% this year and the next year, "is natural to believe that Mexico will be affected.@

"Mexico's growth is more sensitive to the industrial sector of the United States than to it's construction one, and that is our appreciation, that the industrial sector is suffering less and that helps Mexico" he said.

Meanwhile FMI's proyections point to a growth about 2.9 and 3.0% for the Mexican economy in 2007 and 2008, Mexican government's estimations anticipate that they would be around 3.0 and 3.7%

However, Signh said that the focus should be on middle term growth.

"The real story in Mexico is that them (the government) have made some significant changes around fiscal policies, retirement funds and taxes" he stated.

He remembered the announcement of a government's long term program that shows Per capita income during the next 20 years, he announced that government has pointed the areas that he want to affect with it's structural reforms.

"I strongly believe that Mexico is creating a new foundation for a long term economic growth and that's the real story" repeated the FMI Director.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pax eterna my brothers, God bless us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
What you just described; 'Travelling fella'. may be the 'tipping point' in encouraging many Paisanos to return home willingly.

However: it is possible that in time the Mexican La Migra may request help from our ICE in securing the border with Guatamala.

Why I say that is 30 years Spain (using another Hispanic country as an example) was poor with a rather high birthrate-------today Espana is solidly First World and dealing with a major illegal immigrant problem from Africa as well as from Latin America. And the Spaniards have asked the rest of the EU for help as in immigration enforcement.

Methinks that Mexico is starting to follow Argentina and Spain's lead

Old 10-20-2007, 05:48 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
^^^^^

I would like to see that happening ArizonaBear, I would also like to see the president of my country calling for them.

concerning the immigration problem, we are already having it, we had to start asking visas for Brazilians again because they were the second largest immigration group on the OTM (other than mexicans) category who used Mexico to enter to the states ilegally, it would be interesting to see if the problems we've had with America because of ilegal immigration have taught us a lesson on how to deal with this.

however it is not just Mexico who's getting strong at south america, Brazil is getting on it's feet too and that's a HUGE country loaded of natural resources and the pioneers of the Etanol for cars so I guess that Illegal immigration flows will start to look for new countries and the burden will be lighter for the US.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Yes, I suspect this will occur over the next 5-10 years. In south Florida and Boston many Brazilians are returning home with the current upturn of the economy.

It will happen with Mexico too, it can only get better for Mexico.

I will also say that Latin America in general is starting to progress politically, and due to the global economy are now realizing their potential. Soon counties like Chile and Bolivia will be bustling economies following Peru and Brazilian leads.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you just described; 'Travelling fella'. may be the 'tipping point' in encouraging many Paisanos to return home willingly.

However: it is possible that in time the Mexican La Migra may request help from our ICE in securing the border with Guatamala.

Why I say that is 30 years Spain (using another Hispanic country as an example) was poor with a rather high birthrate-------today Espana is solidly First World and dealing with a major illegal immigrant problem from Africa as well as from Latin America. And the Spaniards have asked the rest of the EU for help as in immigration enforcement.

Methinks that Mexico is starting to follow Argentina and Spain's lead
I hope so. I'm sick of my country being Mexico's dumping ground for the people they refuse to help/take care of. Mexico needs desperately to reform itself so that people who are willing to work (I don't dispute that illegals are willing to work) can earn a decent living for themselves and their families. But they're not our responsibility; they're Mexico's responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration