Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Leviticus 19:33-34

“‘When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What say you Christians?
Aliens? There are legal aliens and illegal aliens. Which one are you referring to? As for illegal aliens they are treated just like our citizens in regards to our laws. If you break them you pay the price. The price of coming here as an "illegal" alien is deportation. Holding humans accountable for breaking laws is not mistreating them. The ten commandments were meant for all to follow which would mean both alien and citizen.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:

“‘When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What say you Christians?
Uh; let's test out what you're saying with an illegal alien in Mexico or the Vatican and see what happens to that illegal. Sheesh!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Exactly right. This is so typical. Christians, especially conservatives will try to use scripture to control others, and justify their own behavior, beliefs, or political views with out of context quotes. Problem is, they do not know what they are reading. Actually, most I come across have never even read the whole Bible let alone studied it.

Have you ever read Leviticus Ch 19 before?
I thinkk you just want to turn this into a religious debate or condemn Christians. Mexico is on the surface at least a Christian nation itself but you don't see the Mexicans insisting that their own immigration laws be ended. Why aren't they giving free health care, and land and food stamps to disadvantaged Americans? They won't even let Americans or others work there without the proper visa.

Nor will you see these religious leaders who promote massive immigration, working to improve the conditions in the sending nations that cause this big deluge coming over the border. But you won't see our secular open border types working for reforms either.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...does the OP actually expect Christians to actually apply that faith to their lives?

No chance. They can always find a way around those bible verses while still claiming to be following the Bible to the letter. They're only Christians when it's convenient.
No, many believe that if you are going to quote something out of the bible, you should at the least understand what it is you are quoting and what the meaning and context actually is. Leviticus is in the Old Testament, which is specific for the Jews in Isreal, it has little to do with today's Christians who use the New Testament.

Those of you who have no idea of what you are quoting should actually stay out of the argument all together.

Quote:
Yes, I know exactly what I am quoting.

I put it up for discussion.
You don't have a clue about what you are quoting, if you did you wouldn't have put this in the illegal immigration forum, it would have gone in the religion forum.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I loved how you slipped those caveats in.

In "today's world" the Bible means what reader says it means. Isn't that what's great about living in a representitve democracy.
Caveats in there? Funny, I put up links to the verse as placed in each of the different bibles, maybe you should take it up with those publishers. imjusayin

Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I thinkk you just want to turn this into a religious debate or condemn Christians.
If by ''condemn'' you mean simply holding their own standards up to the same folks who love to tell everyone else how to live....

Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
What we should do is copy some of those Bibles and send them to Mexico and the other countries that are so pathetic that most of their people want to leave and come here.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
If by ''condemn'' you mean simply holding their own standards up to the same folks who love to tell everyone else how to live....
Who are these "Christians" that are telling everyone else how to live?

Don't you mean the Atheists that simply look for anything to do with religion and then complain about it? You're not one of those atheists, are you?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:

What say you Christians?
What a horrible attempt at Trolling. This should be in the religion section alongside where the bible advocates stoning of homos.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
No, many believe that if you are going to quote something out of the bible, you should at the least understand what it is you are quoting and what the meaning and context actually is. Leviticus is in the Old Testament, which is specific for the Jews in Isreal, it has little to do with today's Christians who use the New Testament.

Those of you who have no idea of what you are quoting should actually stay out of the argument all together.

You don't have a clue about what you are quoting, if you did you wouldn't have put this in the illegal immigration forum, it would have gone in the religion forum.
Those of who? I don't quote the Bible. There's a better chance that i'll quote Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Same significance to me.

I'm just laughing at the notion that people expect Christians to behave like Christians are supposed to. I saw through that religious charade a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration