Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Well we knew this would happen with the carrot stick of amnesty luring more here. The idiots in our government know not what they are doing to this country and its citizens with their foolish proposals nor do they care I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
We (this Country) are so stupid, it's not even funny.
Yep, and if Obama and Janet get what they want, there will be no securing of the border as a prerequisite to any reform. Stupid doesn't even begin to cover it.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
We (this Country) are so stupid, it's not even funny.
Your so right, those in this Country who see no problem with this border patrol issue, amnesty issue, illegal issue, are the ones with the freaking problem.

When this Country goes into the tank, because it is riddled with illegals the good the bad and the ugly, it is then too late.

And we can thank the idiots in office like Janet, and Obama and others, who did not care enough about this Country to fight, for the rights of Americans.
No where in this world, would any Country be stupid enough, to allow the problems in their Country that we have in ours because of a lax Government. And a stupid naive, ignorant dumb for voting purposes, allow what we allow to happen.

No Country is as welcoming to illegals as we are.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
With more illegals crossing over now that the amnesty issue is promised resolution is no surprise. Of course the borders shouldn't be closed, or they can't get in. Every one of them is a potential vote.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The only line illegals should join is the line to the bus/plane to take them back to their home countries.

We need to beef up border security. It's a national security issue. I guess 12 years out from 9/11 people have forgotten what that day was like, but I sure haven't.
Except that THEY didn't enter your country over either one of your land borders. They were given visitor visas and simply stayed after entering from overseas ports of entry. GET IT?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your so right, those in this Country who see no problem with this border patrol issue, amnesty issue, illegal issue, are the ones with the freaking problem.

When this Country goes into the tank, because it is riddled with illegals the good the bad and the ugly, it is then too late.

And we can thank the idiots in office like Janet, and Obama and others, who did not care enough about this Country to fight, for the rights of Americans.
No where in this world, would any Country be stupid enough, to allow the problems in their Country that we have in ours because of a lax Government. And a stupid naive, ignorant dumb for voting purposes, allow what we allow to happen.

No Country is as welcoming to illegals as we are.

Except maybe your northern neighbour:

Everydaymoney.ca is a daily business blog published by MSN Money

Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Except that THEY didn't enter your country over either one of your land borders. They were given visitor visas and simply stayed after entering from overseas ports of entry. GET IT?
What you're not getting is that terrorists will choose any way they can to get into our country. We have a porous southern border. Even the FBI Director has said that those from known terrorists countries have entered our southern border along with migrants looking for work and disappeared into our country.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What you're not getting is that terrorists will choose any way they can to get into our country. We have a porous southern border. Even the FBI Director has said that those from known terrorists countries have entered our southern border along with migrants looking for work and disappeared into our country.
I get it completely and couldn't agree more but the terrorist situation and your illegal immigrant problem are two separate issues and Napolitannonuts is not prepared or mentally equipped to deal with EITHER of them.

You have terrorists within your country already; both domestic and from foreign shores. They are waiting patiently for the opportunity to do major harm and the vaunted Homeland Security is powerless to stop them unless her leadership goes in a completely different direction and focuses on itelligence gathering rather than blue uniforms at a border crossing point.

All the stupid patting of jewels at the airport entry points achieves is the security of that one planeload while its in the air.

Putting a governor of a State, who did absolutely nothing to secure her border with Mexico while holding office, in charge of your entire nations security is like giving a 6 year old the key to the ice cream locker and expecting the chocolate supreme to still be there when you lift the lid.

You've got FBI, you've got CIA, you've got BATF and now you've got the HS and none of these agencies wishes to co-operate with the other for fear of losing their little fifedom. Multiples of overlapping missions makes for a complete and utter FUBAR or Cluster Flop.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's only because we still need to secure both of our borders not because of the few Canadians that come here illegally but those who come to Canada and try to enter our country in that manner. If we don't mention our northern border also the pro-illegals jump all over us as if we are discriminating against Mexicans and those who are below our southern border. I have never said that our "borders" are porous. I have always said that our southern one is.

If you have a problem with Americans coming to your country illegally and taking things that don't belong to them I don't blame you for being angry about that. Your government must stop this practice. Why shouldn't you yap about your porous border if that is what is happening. You have every right to but why are you critical of us complaining about our southern porous border? Something just doesn't add up here with your hostility.
Firstly why don't you tell me what about your northern border is NOT secure considering we have acquiesed to every demand you've made of us, your single biggest trading partner, while you simply give lip service to securing that lower one.

We believe in the rule of laws and have not as country ever once intervened with our military to enable smugglers to escape back across the 49th as the Mexicans do routinely with you letting them get away with it.

BUT regardless of all of our best efforts to arrive at a compliance point that satisfies you. It's still business as usual with "we have to secure our borderS."

I'm just fed up with being considered as a country in no more favourable light than that of one which encourages it's citizens to enter your country illegally, to avail themselves of your entitlements illegally, that encourages it's cartels to operate within your country or with a country that attempts at every turn to embarrass you over your immigration policies.

Were it 12 million Canadians all taking advantage of your largesse would you still be discussing your border security or would you already have deployed your military and fired off a few missiles?

Never mind, I already know the answer.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Firstly why don't you tell me what about your northern border is NOT secure considering we have acquiesed to every demand you've made of us, your single biggest trading partner, while you simply give lip service to securing that lower one.

We believe in the rule of laws and have not as country ever once intervened with our military to enable smugglers to escape back across the 49th as the Mexicans do routinely with you letting them get away with it.

BUT regardless of all of our best efforts to arrive at a compliance point that satisfies you. It's still business as usual with "we have to secure our borderS."

I'm just fed up with being considered as a country in no more favourable light than that of one which encourages it's citizens to enter your country illegally, to avail themselves of your entitlements illegally, that encourages it's cartels to operate within your country or with a country that attempts at every turn to embarrass you over your immigration policies.

Were it 12 million Canadians all taking advantage of your largesse would you still be discussing your border security or would you already have deployed your military and fired off a few missiles?

Never mind, I already know the answer.
I am not saying that our northern border isn't secure but that wouldn't be Canada's responsiblity anyway it would be ours. Knowing how lapse we are on our southern border I wouldn't doubt we are lapse on our northern one also. Again, it is about us not Canada.

Why are you in here yelling at us regular Americans? Our government no longer represents us. No matter who we elect it seems they betray us. Why do you care what good or bad things our government does? It has nothing to do with you! You aren't the one suffering from it. If Canada were offering cheap, illegal labor I am sure our government would treat Canadians just like they are treating Mexicans today and there would be no military intervention. Why are you going into all these hypotheticals? You appear to have a real dislike of this country and I don't understand why. We have no problems with Canada nor do they with us that I am aware of. As I said something is amiss in this but I doubt you will divulge what it is. I ask you to stop beating up on us Americans in here that are trying to make changes in our country and are fighting illegal immmgration and be supportive instead. Is that possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration