Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times

Advertisements

you are a poor, uneducated person in a country with almost no social programs. a neighboring country pays the equivalent of $50/hr for menial tasks. legally entering the country costs more money than you have (or have access to). do you continue to live in poverty, or attempt to find work?

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you are a poor, uneducated person in a country with almost no social programs. a neighboring country pays the equivalent of $50/hr for menial tasks. legally entering the country costs more money than you have (or have access to). do you continue to live in poverty, or attempt to find work?
ghost, you have painted a pretty clear picture of the struggle of illegals. BUT the fact is that these illegal immigrants broke the law to enter this country and are doing a lot more harm to the US than good. a lot of people from other countries face this situation but they are subject to the same immigration laws that the border-hoppers are. who i think the illegals most hurt are legal immigrants who have paid the money and obeyed the laws and learned the language and gone through the long process so that they could suceed in the US.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times
Is this a trick questions? I'm in North Korea (a poor country in famine), and I'm looking at tring to go to mainland China where there is work and more opportunity?? thats a no brainer! But hold on? China defends its borders and I might not be able to cross the border illigally because I WILL GET SHOT by a big AK-47! Forget it! I think Ill stay in No Korea! not worth it.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
You are a reasonably affluent person in a country with many expensive social programs and a clearcut method of immigrating legally. Many people want to come to your country by bypassing the legal method. Do you continue to allow this or do you enforce the laws of your country?

Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 PM

251 posts, read 1,312,650 times
I'd go for it. What kind of life do you have anyway? You might as well be dead because for all intents and purposes you existence doesn't matter if you are so poor. So...AK 47 or not...I'd go.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM

537 posts, read 441,298 times
Quote:
I won't answer because it has nothing to do with Mexican illegals in our country. They do have social programs in their country.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:05 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogal View Post
I'd go for it. What kind of life do you have anyway? You might as well be dead because for all intents and purposes you existence doesn't matter if you are so poor. So...AK 47 or not...I'd go.
Then just commit suicide if your life is so bad? If we are talking about No Korea maybe! but if we are talking about Mexico? not even the same by far! They are poor in Mexico, but not starving like in some other forsaken places!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 PM

how come no one is answering my question except astrogal?

Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
You are a reasonably affluent person in a country with many expensive social programs and a clearcut method of immigrating legally. Many people want to come to your country by bypassing the legal method. Do you continue to allow this or do you enforce the laws of your country?
i question the legal method. if it is not sensible, i encourage reform. nobody is ALLOWING illegal immigration. it is happening regardless. so reform would definitely be necessary to effectively solve the problem.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
You don't get an argument from on that one.....the legal method sux.....but that doesnt mean you can avoid the legal and take the illegal.

Personal feeling, it should be as it was in 1772 when my ggggfather stepped off the boat in Philadelphia..... they said "Do you wish to become a citizen of this counrty?" He said yes [I assume] and they swore him in as a citizen. he then had the right to vote [in English] the right to work and all the other benefits AND obligations of the American society. Had he answered "naw, I just wanna send money back home"....he would have been placed back on the boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration