Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And hard work only equates to Mexicans? Why the mention of skin color? WTH has that to do with anything?

All those things you have mentioned except for coming here illegally, all Americans of all stripes have done. What an unbelievable arrogant post!!!

There's a Japanese restaurant in Portland that posts help wanted signs in Spanish. is that arrogant?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
If they woulda started on it when they planned it then it woulda been done by now.

That's the problem with statists. Make excuses for government failure and believe it will somhow be different this time.
And they are doing the same thing that was done before and for some reason believe it will have different results. The only thing that will have different results is to deport all that do not belong here (all undocumented people) regardless of how many of their relatives are here and what the relationship is. No documentation should mean no residence in the USA.

Judging from the unemployment rate, I think we have enough people in this country to fill all the jobs available. If they are not trained, the companies can train them. What is going on now is crazy and needs to stop.

Now where is some good soul in congress that has enough gumption to put these rules in action? Next time around we can call that person, "Mr. President."

Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There's a Japanese restaurant in Portland that posts help wanted signs in Spanish. is that arrogant?
I would say that is more likely stupid. At the end of the day that employee will bring in his goat and slaughter it with a knife and not wash it and use it to cut up a little lady's salad the next day and let the germs kill her. That is what happened to a place here in North Carolina. Several people got sick but one lady died. It was traced to the slaughter of an animal by the employees after hours. Needless to say, the place closed because no one went there anymore after it made the news.

I have just about stopped eating out. I know what happens to the food at home when I cook it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoctor View Post
This is about cut throat economics, the history of this country. The country was founded on having a ready supply of cheap or free labor and the need for it proliferates to today.

We have had a certain population of employers and workers, traditionally conservative, white and Southern that has avoided manual labor for the entire history of the country. It continues today.

And I see it every day. A significant amount of southern boys I have hired simply can´t handle working under the sun or doing any physical labor for extended time without quitting or making outrageous demands. One of them even thought they should be a manager at 3months experience. This is the type of person complaining about these illegals taking their jobs. Their baby boomer parents have given them everything with no conditions, so they expect everything with no conditions just the same.

Deporting illegals will only deport the labor elsewhere even more. Some people call that outsourcing. The Southern conservative entitlement group will not work this type of labor after centuries of avoiding it.

To really solve the problem we need to
1) allow more hard laborers to enter (legal status and rights) and
2) remove those who have been deadweight on our economy and refuse manual labor (our favorite Southern US citizens). It should be done properly though by offer incentives to self deport. Free land on uninhabited pacific island, Antartica, etc.
What a crock! Conservative, whites and southerners have avoided manual labor? Where are you getting this ****? Not all manual labor jobs are working out in the sun either. Illegals ARE taking jobs they have no right to and your claims about lazy Americans is just plain ****!

No, if we need any more workers in this country it might be the skilled kind not the uneducated, poor, illiterate an unskilled kind that end up being a burden to our country. I can't believe there are citizens such as yourself (if you are a citizen) that cares so little about our sovereign borders and immigration laws. It actually makes me physically ill to read garbage like yours.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
No, it is discriminating against native English speakers and probably doing so hoping to attract illegal aliens to work for slave labor wages.

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-11-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What an unbelievable arrogant post!!!
No. It's a positive post about the positive contributions of Mexicans to our country.

and

Viva la raza. They're going to build a STRONGER America. Aren't you excited?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. It's a positive post about the contributions of Mexicans to our country.
Why is their own country so adamant about them never going back there? Why isn't Mexico trying to keep them if they're a plus? Mexico wants them gone and never wants us returning them. There is a reason for that.

Kind of weird too because Mexico's unemployement rates are much lower than ours.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
No. It's a positive post about the positive contributions of Mexicans to our country.

and

Viva la Raza belongs in Mexico! We say God Bless America here. No race is special we are Americans one and all! No, you are just bloviating about how superior Mexicans are here in our country. Sorry to inform you but they aren't special. The fact so many of them are immigration law breakers says a lot about them. Yeah, a stronger America built by people with no respect for the law? Yeah, that gets me all excited. And with that last arrogant post welcome to my ignore list!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoctor View Post
This is about cut throat economics, the history of this country. The country was founded on having a ready supply of cheap or free labor and the need for it proliferates to today.

We have had a certain population of employers and workers, traditionally conservative, white and Southern that has avoided manual labor for the entire history of the country. It continues today.

And I see it every day. A significant amount of southern boys I have hired simply can´t handle working under the sun or doing any physical labor for extended time without quitting or making outrageous demands. One of them even thought they should be a manager at 3months experience. This is the type of person complaining about these illegals taking their jobs. Their baby boomer parents have given them everything with no conditions, so they expect everything with no conditions just the same.

Deporting illegals will only deport the labor elsewhere even more. Some people call that outsourcing. The Southern conservative entitlement group will not work this type of labor after centuries of avoiding it.

To really solve the problem we need to
1) allow more hard laborers to enter (legal status and rights) and
2) remove those who have been deadweight on our economy and refuse manual labor (our favorite Southern US citizens). It should be done properly though by offer incentives to self deport. Free land on uninhabited pacific island, Antartica, etc.
Ignorant post of the month!

Quote:

and

Oops, I spoke too soon.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Elections have consequences this is one of them. If this turns out to be a bad thing for the American people we only have ourselves to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration