Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The way our immigration laws work is that immigrants apply to come here from within their own countries. Not by breaking our immigration laws by coming here illegally first and then applying to become legal within our own borders.

"Our" Senate? Aren't they your senate also or aren't you a legal immigrant or citizen of our country?
Ronald Reagan proves you wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Ronald Reagan proves you wrong.
No, he didn't. Because the laws are as what I stated them to be. They were the same back and they are still the same today. Amnesty negates our laws. Reagan was wrong and Obama is wrong also.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubi Panis View Post
The husband is unlawfully present, born in Iran. The wife is an American citizen. The kids are American citizens. What then? The husband can't stay in America, and Iran won't take the wife and kids. See the problem here? Mixed-nationality families can't move around easily because of anti-immigrant people don't care about family unity.
Uh; that's NOT "our" problem. The husband sounds like an ILLEGAL alien and HE needs to go home, which ain't the US. Sheesh!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Anti-"immigrant" again? Why the continued dishonesty?

http://www.adversity.net/Terms_Defin...documented.htm

Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; that's NOT "our" problem. The husband sounds like an ILLEGAL alien and HE needs to go home, which ain't the US. Sheesh!
What happens to American lawbreakers? Do they or do they not get separated from their families when in jail or prison? Why should the laws be different for illegals? Lawbreakers need to think about how they are displacing themselves from their families by their own actions and stop blaming others and expecting the laws to be bent for them.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Looks like you have some mistaken beliefs of your own that need explaining.

How is he wrong? Many of our states are in extreme drought conditions and many of our cities are very crowded. I haven't even mentioned the persistently high unemployment that we have now. Our population needs to stabilize before we let more immigrants in.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
That is absolutely bizarre that illegals think they are legal..just by their very existence. It's like someone who enters the house that you bought and paid for and demands that they sleep in your bed and eat your food..that they have a RIGHT to your home. What should have taken place 30 years ago was the first 3000 illegals should have been tossed out the door or their ass. Now you house instead of having 3 invaders has 30...in other words the 3000 are now 30 million....To late...YOU have been slowly swarmed.

Up here in Toronto a few years ago there was a function in the bar across the street...It was like a convention of Mexicans. One of them looked at me and laughed...then said "are you Mexican?" They knew that I was a very white Canadian and they had a message for me..> We are here and we are going to take this place...cos' you folks are soft and YOUR laws protect us NOT you...These people are invaders.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
It was a non-event in Chicago. Fewer than 1,000 persons, organized by the Service Employees Union, marched peacefully.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is absolutely bizarre that illegals think they are legal..just by their very existence. It's like someone who enters the house that you bought and paid for and demands that they sleep in your bed and eat your food..that they have a RIGHT to your home. What should have taken place 30 years ago was the first 3000 illegals should have been tossed out the door or their ass. Now you house instead of having 3 invaders has 30...in other words the 3000 are now 30 million....To late...YOU have been slowly swarmed.

Up here in Toronto a few years ago there was a function in the bar across the street...It was like a convention of Mexicans. One of them looked at me and laughed...then said "are you Mexican?" They knew that I was a very white Canadian and they had a message for me..> We are here and we are going to take this place...cos' you folks are soft and YOUR laws protect us NOT you...These people are invaders.
Actually, it was 3 millon that were amnestied back in 1986. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you had said that Canada had a good handle on protecting its borders and deterring illegal immigration compared to the U.S. If Mexicans or other illegals are even making such arrogant statements to Canadians then I am really floored that the problem is spreading even further north than I thought.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
The husband is unlawfully present, born in Iran. The wife is an American citizen. The kids are American citizens. What then? The husband can't stay in America, and Iran won't take the wife and kids. See the problem here? Mixed-nationality families can't move around easily because of anti-immigrant people don't care about family unity.
That should be, "anti-illegal immigrant people". Maybe you should be protesting Irans' immigration policy as well. If you do, be sure to let us know how that went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration