Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 09:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

CA just announced they have a surplus now so they have money to pay for their promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because CA made promises that will be a huge financial burden to the state.
Boxer wants to move CA's promise to the illegals to fund their healthcare to the national level and get CA off the hook.

From OP link:
Officials from Los Angeles County–home to an estimated 1.1 million people in the country illegally, one-tenth of the nation’s total–have expressed concern that local taxpayers will be “left holding the bag” to pay for the healthcare costs.
What gets me the most about these stupid short sighted liberals is that not one citizen will be funding our health care, nor do we expect them to, but the illegals get a free pass. we will probably cancel our health insurance as we pay about as much as we can handle right now. we are a few years away from retirement and Medicare (if it is still there) and will have to just crawl along or die early. I guess the ultimate goal with the left is to merge Mexico with the U.S and pay for all its needs but ignore our citizens. I am tired of both the pandering GOP and the DNC at this point.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:57 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Every excuse. In order to be a sovereign nation, we have to protect our borders.
That's non-sequitur. Go back and reread what I actually wrote without making assumptions because it didn't match what you wanted to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Please give some examples of the callous disregard you speak of.
Why should I do that in a thread about immigration? If you're not aware of the recent history of our nation to understand the context of some explanations I provided with regard to why I projected a specific perspective with regard to the actual subject of this thread, then send me a direct message asking for assistance in coming up to speed on those details, and if I have enough time, I'll be happy to help you. Don't derail the thread itself.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
That's non-sequitur. Go back and reread what I actually wrote without making assumptions because it didn't match what you wanted to read.

Why should I do that in a thread about immigration? If you're not aware of the recent history of our nation to understand the context of some explanations I provided with regard to why I projected a specific perspective with regard to the actual subject of this thread, then send me a direct message asking for assistance in coming up to speed on those details, and if I have enough time, I'll be happy to help you. Don't derail the thread itself.
In short, you make pompous statements then don't back them up.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Because CA made promises that will be a huge financial burden to the state.
Boxer wants to move CA's promise to the illegals to fund their healthcare to the national level and get CA off the hook.

From OP link:
Officials from Los Angeles County–home to an estimated 1.1 million people in the country illegally, one-tenth of the nation’s total–have expressed concern that local taxpayers will be “left holding the bag” to pay for the healthcare costs.
The OP's link is a far right wing propaganda piece.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The OP's link is a far right wing propaganda piece.
God forbid you go to google to verify.
See the messenger and automagically claim "faux".

Is the LA Times "acceptable" to you ?

Boxer to push funding for health costs of uninsured immigrants - latimes.com
Sen. Barbara Boxer plans to push for Washington to provide $250 million and perhaps more to help local and state governments pay the cost of healthcare to uninsured immigrants who seek legal status under legislation now before the Senate.
Her proposal calls for providing the money without increasing the federal budget deficit by using some of the money paid by applicants for legalization, much of which is now earmarked to further secure the border.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:12 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
God forbid you go to google to verify.
See the messenger and automagically claim "faux".

Is the LA Times "acceptable" to you ?

Boxer to push funding for health costs of uninsured immigrants - latimes.com
Sen. Barbara Boxer plans to push for Washington to provide $250 million and perhaps more to help local and state governments pay the cost of healthcare to uninsured immigrants who seek legal status under legislation now before the Senate.
Her proposal calls for providing the money without increasing the federal budget deficit by using some of the money paid by applicants for legalization, much of which is now earmarked to further secure the border.
Her proposal is to cover costs for uninsured immigrants, that not the same as illegal immigrants, although you probably think legal and illegal are the same.

Heck you probably think Hispanic = illegal.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
From the article - "In California...82 percent of households headed by an illegal immigrant are on welfare, as are 61 percent of households headed by legal immigrants, according to the March 2011 Current Population Survey by the Center for Immigration Studies."

I don't understand this, how can illegal immigrants be eligible for taxpayer funded welfare?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Her proposal is to cover costs for uninsured immigrants, that not the same as illegal immigrants, although you probably think legal and illegal are the same.

Yes, right now they are illegal immigrants.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:

It's part of the amnesty bill for pete's sake. They won't be illegal after the bill is signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration