Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Advocates of immigration reform just can’t catch a break. First it was Syria. Now the entire federal government is shut down. And an all but inevitable fight over the debt ceiling in two weeks is likely to push reform plans even further out of the spotlig

Can immigration reform survive the shutdown?

Uh; works for me tho I ain't happy over the DC fools right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Advocates of immigration reform just can’t catch a break. First it was Syria. Now the entire federal government is shut down. And an all but inevitable fight over the debt ceiling in two weeks is likely to push reform plans even further out of the spotlig

Can immigration reform survive the shutdown?

Uh; works for me tho I ain't happy over the DC fools right now.
If it kills all their plans for amnesty, I'm all for it.........

Old 10-04-2013, 12:51 AM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Obama got what he wanted by promising amnesty for sure this time around. He got the majority of the Hispanic vote for his second term. With or without the government shut down the so-called CIR aka amnesty was never going to happen and he knew it. At least that is a good thing for the American people.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Obama is too busy morally AND financially bankrupting the USA to worry about loser Illegal aliens.

Illegal aliens are idiots easily fooled by the snake oil salesman Obama. Let those leeches keep dreaming.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Obama is too busy morally AND financially bankrupting the USA to worry about loser Illegal aliens.

Illegal aliens are idiots easily fooled by the snake oil salesman Obama. Let those leeches keep dreaming.
Well it sure doesn't seem to make much sense that with unemployment rates as high as they are, that the government would add 11 to 30 million more people to the legal labor pools --- and yet argue that cheap foreign workers here illegally are needed to take the low paying jobs Americans don't want. That excuse would make it seem better to leave them illegal so they'll keep on wanting the low paying jobs.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
It would be great to shutdown making illegal, legal. Here, a manufacturer shutdown and they were able to get funds to provide benefits to those people under some legislation for people losing their jobs because of the jobs being transported out of the country. The manufacturer made breads and snack cakes. And, if all the illegals were transported out of town, there would be more than enough jobs to go around. Yeah, Obama was after votes anyway he could get them so I don't think he cares if it passes or not at this point. Kansas will go broke if they legalize the illegal. Thing that bothers me with that is that they used them while they could but if it will cost them money, oh no, can't do that. Man the borders.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
One can only hope that the new budget if they ever pass one will be to tight to support that porkster known as immigration reform. The fact that the immigration bill does nothing to address the actual problems with the system and primarily is a support vehicle to reward the illegals, should be enough to kill it.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well it sure doesn't seem to make much sense that with unemployment rates as high as they are, that the government would add 11 to 30 million more people to the legal labor pools --- and yet argue that cheap foreign workers here illegally are needed to take the low paying jobs Americans don't want. That excuse would make it seem better to leave them illegal so they'll keep on wanting the low paying jobs.
THANK YOU! I mean that is like a hemophilia taking fencing classes.. their is no possible way you can come out on top

Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
I believe the liberals and Democrats must be forced to make concessions regarding illegal immigration as part of the debt ceiling debate since we should not be borrowing more debt from China while we are giving illegal aliens a free ride. Illegal immigration directly contributes to the deficit.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
National Data | Immigrants Causing One Fifth Of Federal Deficit | VDARE.com

This says that 1/5 of the deficit is caused by illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration