Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,778 times

Advertisements

If E-Verify is implemented into law, we will see a mass exodus of innovative companies who require people who work at home from abroad going to tax haven countries. We also see a major increase in crime. If you take someone's ability to earn their bread, you will find that they will use their ability for violence when needed, no matter the person, social class or ethnic origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
If E-Verify is implemented into law, we will see a mass exodus of innovative companies who require people who work at home from abroad going to tax haven countries. We also see a major increase in crime. If you take someone's ability to earn their bread, you will find that they will use their ability for violence when needed, no matter the person, social class or ethnic origin.
So if they're here doing the hot, dirty jobs we allegedly won't do....how do you propose that they do that from home?

Sounds like you're implying that white-collar tech jobs will go away if we use e-verify. Why would that be, when most immigrants in this sector are on an H1-B and would pass e-verify?

FAIL.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:24 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Most illegal aliens are working in the service, construction, landscaping, etc. industries. Those jobs can't be done at home nor can they be outsourced.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Please DON'T try to scare us with ILLEGAL aliens becoming violent to get their way. The illegal alien amnesty fans are already complaining about being profiling: THAT will cause the US to go "open season" on illegals and NOT just by the cops. You need to remember that many American DO have guns and WILL use them; no questions asked, IF threatened.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:26 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
there's a 95 percent white town I drive by on the way to work with an above average unemployment rate. in the summer in the fields its all hispanics working it. this job advertises its pay at 10.00 hr which from what ive read is a good rate compared to what many other field jobs are paying.

you will not find one person out in the fields. they are content with unemployment and welfare, which is why i laugh at those whining about illegals. they do the jobs that whites dont want to do.

the only reason why people whine now is because the economy is weak right now. if the economy was booming like in the 90s nobody would care, and nobody did care back then.

even now though, whites still wont take those jobs and will just ride unemployment and welfare as evidenced by the town i mentioned and other examples such as the georgia fields.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
there's a 95 percent white town I drive by on the way to work with an above average unemployment rate. in the summer in the fields its all hispanics working it. this job advertises its pay at 10.00 hr which from what ive read is a good rate compared to what many other field jobs are paying.

you will not find one person out in the fields. they are content with unemployment and welfare, which is why i laugh at those whining about illegals. they do the jobs that whites dont want to do.

the only reason why people whine now is because the economy is weak right now. if the economy was booming like in the 90s nobody would care, and nobody did care back then.

even now though, whites still wont take those jobs and will just ride unemployment and welfare as evidenced by the town i mentioned and other examples such as the georgia fields.
Most Americans don't want to make a career out of crop picking but so what! Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops and there are unlimited H2-A visas for legal foreigners to do those jobs. Many unemployed Americans (not just whites) don't live in rural areas anyway. What do you think the other 97% of illegals are doing? Wouldn't be jobs that Americans will do, would it? The crop picking argument is a big fail once again.

I note that you dwell on white Americans. Why aren't black, Asian and Hispanic Americans picking crops? Your post was definitely a tell all about how you negatively view white Americans only.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:57 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most Americans don't want to make a career out of crop picking but so what! Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops and there are unlimited H2-A visas for legal foreigners to do those jobs. Many unemployed Americans (not just whites) don't live in rural areas anyway. What do you think the other 97% of illegals are doing? Wouldn't be jobs that Americans will do, would it? The crop picking argument is a big fail once again.

I note that you dwell on white Americans. Why aren't black, Asian and Hispanic Americans picking crops? Your post was definitely a tell all about how you negatively view white Americans only.

the town is like 95-97 percent white with an above average unemployment rate. whites could work in the fields and make 10.00 an hour. they dont want the jobs. they want welfare and unemployment. there's no way around it when you look at the field and its all hispanics.

like i said, if the economy was humming along nobody would care. illegals are just an easy scapegoat for a lazy white male who will not work in the field and is content with the government taking care of them, and then they have the gall to whine about others being on the dole.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 AM

395 posts, read 546,433 times
I think we need to revisit the H2-A system and perhaps involve more supervision via US employment agencies to coordinate the applications by foreign workers. I think taking a security deposit from the employer for each worker is also a reasonable step, to avoid exploitation.

It is hypocritical for the US to enjoy spending less of their discretionary income on food than any other developed nation, and simultaneously decry illegal workers who do the work on the cheap and are exploited by large corporate farms who make a good profit off the whole thing.

We need to bring the system under better control. This may result in slightly more expensive food (unless we remove the subsidies and artificial barriers to food importation), but is that really too much of a burden to bear?

Old 03-19-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the town is like 95-97 percent white with an above average unemployment rate. whites could work in the fields and make 10.00 an hour. they dont want the jobs. they want welfare and unemployment. there's no way around it when you look at the field and its all hispanics.

like i said, if the economy was humming along nobody would care. illegals are just an easy scapegoat for a lazy white male who will not work in the field and is content with the government taking care of them, and then they have the gall to whine about others being on the dole.
And what about towns that are racially diverse? As I asked, are blacks, Asians or even Hispanic Americans picking crops? No, they aren't! Your attempt to paint white Americans as lazy is a big fail. The "Hispanics" you mention whatever their status here probably lack the education to do anything other than pick crops.

You're wrong that if the economy were booming we of all races wouldn't be complaining about illegal aliens taking jobs from Americans and/or reducing their wages and increasing our taxes paying for their social costs. It was years ago when the housing industry was booming and illegal aliens had flooded the construction industry which depleted the job opportunities in that area and highly reduced the wages for construction workers which is a job that white Americans have always done for a fair wage. Illegal aliens also flooded the landscaping industry.

I strongly suggest that you ditch those ethnic blinders, your obvious contempt for white Americans and learn the truth about this issue.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
I think we need to revisit the H2-A system and perhaps involve more supervision via US employment agencies to coordinate the applications by foreign workers. I think taking a security deposit from the employer for each worker is also a reasonable step, to avoid exploitation.

It is hypocritical for the US to enjoy spending less of their discretionary income on food than any other developed nation, and simultaneously decry illegal workers who do the work on the cheap and are exploited by large corporate farms who make a good profit off the whole thing.

We need to bring the system under better control. This may result in slightly more expensive food (unless we remove the subsidies and artificial barriers to food importation), but is that really too much of a burden to bear?
No one can be exploited unless they allow themselves to be. If you live like a criminal then what do you expect? I am not defending the employers at all because they are equally guilty and need to be held accountable but I get sick and tired of some people acting like illegal aliens are innocent in all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration