Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:19 PM

29 posts, read 56,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
I stay away from restaurants because I don't want to catch hepatitis or worse...So Cal has become the hepatitis capitol of the nation as a result of the invasion...A while back, there was a story (that was quickly hushed) about how people attending a party catered by Wolfgang Puck caught the disease by eating the food.

Maybe, we should turn the whole restaurant thing to advantage and boycott the industry as a whole until they start hiring Americans or legal residents who have passed health screenings.

so TRUE, eat once a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,751 times
I think that these immigrants live in that manner to save money so that they can eventually move into their own apartments or homes? Immigrants tend to be great savers and pay for things in cash versus credit. I myself have a friend that moved here from a different country and she and her parents and grandparents all lived in a 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment. But they did this for 2 years in order for her parents to save money to eventually buy a single family home. I think most of these arrangements are temporary and provide a lifestyle in which the residents can save money to move out.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:08 PM

206 posts, read 410,657 times
Well, now that you explain it that way, it makes the deterioration of middle class neighborhoods a lot easier to accept.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoGood View Post
More proof of how your kinds are so indisposible.
to be truthful, when rarely we dine out, it is upscale and the
folks that own yes ARE lations, greet us by 1st names, they speak perfect english as well as all the staff. would never wonder think what kind of stinking guts might be cooking their front yard.
boils down to whats always said over and over , if you are here to become american fine,if you are playing that dumb race card sending all your money out of the country you'll get what we real americans give best a nice boot out!
Easy there:

It was not andreabeth condoning the poisoning of our food------she was replying to that 'marisol1130' person, Post #8.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
I think that these immigrants live in that manner to save money so that they can eventually move into their own apartments or homes? Immigrants tend to be great savers and pay for things in cash versus credit. I myself have a friend that moved here from a different country and she and her parents and grandparents all lived in a 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment. But they did this for 2 years in order for her parents to save money to eventually buy a single family home. I think most of these arrangements are temporary and provide a lifestyle in which the residents can save money to move out.
It matters not one iota what their 'reason' is for living 14 to a one bedroom apartment or such. In the US we have housing codes which dictate how many people are permitted to occupy a given home or apartment. There are health and safety reasons for these measures.
This is the law. Is there any reason why the law should not apply to your friend and her family? My neighbors next door could theoretically move 9 other families into their home and pay off their mortgage in no time. They would not do this. Why? Because in the United States of America we do not live like this. Our housing codes do not permit it.
How do you suppose the neighbors next to the apartment felt having the noise and traffic of so many people in a one bedroom apartment? Or does that not matter? Did they care that they were clearly in violation of the apartment lease? Evidently, they feel they are entitled to select which rules they will obey and which they will not.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post

No, most live in that manner in order to send most of their money home, to another country. Like andreabeth said, "It matters not one iota what their 'reason' is though.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:18 AM

29 posts, read 56,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Easy there:

It was not andreabeth condoning the poisoning of our food------she was replying to that 'marisol1130' person, Post #8.
sorry i tired to delete it wrong quote.you all know it was meant for marisol poster.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
No, most live in that manner in order to send most of their money home, to another country
Now thats the truth. LisaK, I take it your never at the post Office on friday when they are sending all that $$ "home".
Many of these house are occupied by 10-15 men, not families. The family (extended, Grandpa and ma, two daughters, son his wife and three kids) that lived across from me
in a single family, 1100 sq. ft. home. Was saving $ to build on to their home in Mexico.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,313,888 times
Can you bring a civil suit against them if the police/homeowner association won't do anything about it?

Old 12-27-2007, 01:59 PM

206 posts, read 410,657 times
If we don't find some way to address this trend, former middle-class neighborhoods will become undesirable (to anyone who doesn't want to share a single family residence with 10 other people)...All we'll have left will be pockets of wealthy (gated) communities, a mix borderline neighborhoods and those that are outright slums...That's what So Cal is looking more like very day...That's what the rest of the country will end up like if we don't do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration