Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:00 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times

Advertisements

I don't know... I do know what happend to the illegal who caused the accident that completely changed my SIL's life. (Don't know if he had a license or not.I do know he was drunk off his ___, thrown in jail, released (OR) to return for a hearing, disappeared for over nine years, finally found in CA, returned to Albuq, given a slap on the hand, returned to CA arrested again, But never deported, and never paid the restitution he was ordered to pay to my SIL, and they were not even informed when he was returned to Albuq to be able to aattend his hearing and make impact statements. That they had to find out on their own.

So I reckon most of them get off scott free.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Here nothing happens to them. The cops even avoid pulling over anyone they suspect may not have a license and insurance -- they only pull over those who look as though they might pay the ticket.

Pulling over illegals is viewed as a waste of time because there is no money in it.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
What would you recommend be done to the car (if it is in a friend's name) and to the illegal immigrant who is driving it? Should everyone who is driving without a license be jailed or should they just get a ticket and a small fine?
In my opinion it would matter even more if that car had liability insurance. If the illegal and his friend actually bothered to get it covered by liability insurance -- then I might give them a wee break for trying to be responsible.

Otherwise -- confiscate the vehicle, give the car owner a heavy fine for not having it insured, deport the illegal -- and the friend if he's a green card holder aiding and abetting illegals.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Yep...old thread with new opinions...somewhat

Lets see a breakdown on the (phrases/words)

Illegals...they came across the border without documentation.
Humans...they do have the same features as Americans (somewhat).
Twice as better...depends on the perspective.
More educated...don't think so as they would have jobs at home.
Smarter...having the ability to do manual labor over Americans...agree there.
Hardworking...when it comes to digging ditches and washing dishes...yes.
Better family...having many children they cannot feed...why?
Study hard for better paying jobs...if they did that back home...no need to cross border illegally.
Door shut down...all doors are open to LEGAL residents.

Never heard of a person with a College degree crossing the border illegally.

Am sure I missed some things...general point is made (I hope)

Steve

Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,552 times
I was shocked and ticked after sitting through traffic court a few weeks ago. A women whose command of the english language consisted of a single word (yes) was arrested for no license, no registration, no insurance card (negotiated from no insurance) as well as using fictitious plates and what did she get? A fine, although a hefty fine, just a fine......

I was shocked..........I'd bet there was more then traffic violations they could have held her on.......

Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Actual phony licence that was taken from a person who had no right to be in this country. Had to pose with his girlfriend !

Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 PM

50,313 posts, read 47,056,299 times
In S cal the car is supposed to be impounded and then the owner who is usually an American relative gets the car back. They should keep the driver for possibly driving a stolen vehicle until their status is checked but that doesn't happen. Fake name and useless ticket.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I don't know... I do know what happend to the illegal who caused the accident that completely changed my SIL's life. (Don't know if he had a license or not.I do know he was drunk off his ___, thrown in jail, released (OR) to return for a hearing, disappeared for over nine years, finally found in CA, returned to Albuq, given a slap on the hand, returned to CA arrested again, But never deported, and never paid the restitution he was ordered to pay to my SIL, and they were not even informed when he was returned to Albuq to be able to aattend his hearing and make impact statements. That they had to find out on their own.

So I reckon most of them get off scott free.
Somewhat similar to Oklahoma, and, they claim they are tough on illegals. My friend and her daughter were hospitalized after being hit by a car full of illegals. Not only did they let the driver go, they let his 3 buddies walk with him. He had no drivers licence, no insurance and the car belonged to a 4th illegal. Police (OKC) gave her a copy of the accident report, complete with illegals phoney name and address, in the hospital. House bill 1804 was going to change all this, guess they forgot to tell the police.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
not much but it should be the same as in mexico.
why not?

Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
In N.Y.C. bothing happens to them....sickening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration