Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 AM

902 posts, read 718,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
One can "work" somewhere without giving a damn about the entity or place youre working for.... and that's clearly the problem with the barrio-ization of American cities.
You are trying to debate with a known pro-illegal lover who seems to hate this country and certainly hates real American citizens. He is a racist and a bigot and calls anyone citizen who disagrees with him a redneck and whatever other name he can get away with calling them. I gave up on him and others days ago because I realized that he and the others did not care about the good of the country at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Amnesty's the only practical solution, what are you gonna round up a traveling sideshow to hit every home depot in the county until they all run home crying (or laughing)?
Amnesty--oh yeah.

Let's legalize all 20 million illegal aliens in this country, who the bloody hell cares if they're seasoned criminals, gangbangers, welfare rats, TB/Typhoid carriers, or whatever. Let's just give them all a blank slate. Tabula rosa baby, that's what it's all about. Rewards for lawbreakers, but only if you're an illegal alien scofflaws.

After this batch of 20 million becomes legalized and starts demanding a fair wage, we can just sit back and wait for the next 20 million or so to come streaming across the border looking for their piece of the amnesty pie. After all, big business will still require their slave labor and obviously, people who are here legally will no longer work for slave wages and no benefits. Now that there are an additional 20 million people added to the American unemployment pool, we can begin the amnesty process for the next 20 million! Oh joy!

Why don't we just secede this nation to Mexico now and get it over with.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Amnesty--oh yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Let's legalize all 20 million illegal aliens in this country, who the bloody hell cares if they're seasoned criminals, gangbangers, welfare rats, TB/Typhoid carriers, or whatever. Let's just give them all a blank slate. Tabula rosa baby, that's what it's all about. Rewards for lawbreakers, but only if you're an illegal alien scofflaws.

After this batch of 20 million becomes legalized and starts demanding a fair wage, we can just sit back and wait for the next 20 million or so to come streaming across the border looking for their piece of the amnesty pie. After all, big business will still require their slave labor and obviously, people who are here legally will no longer work for slave wages and no benefits. Now that there are an additional 20 million people added to the American unemployment pool, we can begin the amnesty process for the next 20 million! Oh joy!

Why don't we just secede this nation to Mexico now and get it over with.

There are very strict requirements, you must have a clean criminal record and to qualify for legal status it is always required to go for a physical. So that argument you make is moot. Nobody is going to be given a blank slate in all the legalization programs that have been discussed.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
[b]

There are very strict requirements, you must have a clean criminal record and to qualify for legal status it is always required to go for a physical. So that argument you make is moot. Nobody is going to be given a blank slate in all the legalization programs that have been discussed.
Clean criminal record....Illegal Alien..hmmm Felony

Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
yea amnesty thats fair, LOL so I guess the people that have paid alot of money and have been waiting years doing it the legal way, can just kiss our rears, because we have to give Amnesty to people that have shown NO respect for us our our laws, I see that some people would just rather give in than uphold our laws. yea sounds like a great idea!! NOT.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Clean criminal record....Illegal Alien..hmmm Felony
*sigh* under the law being here illegally is a civil offense.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
*sigh* under the law being here illegally is a civil offense.
They go home (as many are already doing) than apply for entry into the United States LEGALLY -

Simple. Clean. Legal.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
So what, are you jealous because you long to do menial labor? Why would people hanging around waiting to EARN a buck bother you? I live in socal too, and they've never made me feel threatened or angry. I live across the street from a whole canyon full of them, and some protesters similar to the morons in that video came around with bullhorns and american flags, and I called the cops on them!! They caused way more trouble on my quiet street than the hundred or so migrant workers who live in tents and boxes. If people want to protest, they should go to Sacramento or DC, harassing people on the street when you don't know them or their story is just ignorant and makes your cause look like a joke!
Am I personally jealous? No, I have a job that's secure, but the labor jobs in this country belong to Americans, not illegals. Does it bother me that they're standing there? SURE AS HELL DOES!!! It shows that they are breaking the law and aren't even scared because our government and pro-illegal morons support them being here. And I know of that canyon, the one where the blond woman was threatened with jail because she was going to throw away a busted up radio (in an attempt to clean up the dump the illegals were turning it into and also in an attempt to stop the illegals from prostituting out 12 year old girls in that canyon) by some pro-illegal idiotic politician? And it's people like YOU who are all for this crap. Do you EVER think about the consequences of them being here, i.e., blatent disregard for the law, taking of jobs that belong to Americans, drain on social services, bankrupting hospitals, turning neighborhoods into third world cesspools, committing identity fraud, with no backround check we let in murderers, rapists, pedophiles, thieves, etc., and worst of all many of them despise this country and everything it stands for? And you reasoning is "there just looking for work"???? Maybe you should know all the affects of this situation before you start calling those against it IGNORANT.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
So what, are you jealous because you long to do menial labor? Why would people hanging around waiting to EARN a buck bother you? I live in socal too, and they've never made me feel threatened or angry. I live across the street from a whole canyon full of them, and some protesters similar to the morons in that video came around with bullhorns and american flags, and I called the cops on them!! They caused way more trouble on my quiet street than the hundred or so migrant workers who live in tents and boxes. If people want to protest, they should go to Sacramento or DC, harassing people on the street when you don't know them or their story is just ignorant and makes your cause look like a joke!
When they pound on my car, they p_iss me off -

When they run up to my car as my wife and grandkids are trying to get out and scare them, it pisses me off

When they block the driveway to where I want to go, it pisses me off

When they block the entrance to the business I want to go into, it pisses me off

OBTW, all of the above has happened within the last few days

Any other questions

Old 01-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They go home (as many are already doing) than apply for entry into the United States LEGALLY -

Simple. Clean. Legal.

Quote:
Still, I don't think I'm wrong about this. No one knows for sure what's going on in Arizona. Every Christmas, many illegal immigrants head home to reacquaint themselves with mama's cooking and play Santa Claus by showering relatives with gifts. As the article acknowledges, this tradition could account for some of the exodus. So could the slowing economy, and the fact that -- according to the article -- many people are migrating to other states. Adios Arizona; Hola Colorado, Nebraska, or Minnesota.
It's wishful thinking to think that the solution to our immigration woes is to simply expect the condemned to carry out their own executions. It's more complicated
Commentary: Fantasy Christmas gift: Self-deporting immigrants - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration