Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON -- When CNN announced on Tuesday evening that Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall lost, about 25 young undocumented immigrants and pro-immigration reform advocates in a row house in Washington, D.C., groaned in unison.

Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrated With Obama

I'm starting to think a mass amnesty will NEVER be passed. If I was in the US illegally; I'd REALLY be looking over my shoulder and keeping my mouth shut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 08:03 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
I don't know what the Dreamers are all up in airs about they got their de facto amnesty via DACA. Could it be as we suspected all along that they would next demand amnesty for their lawbreaking parents? I've said it all along it wouldn't just stop with the Dreamers and that is one of the reasons I object to them getting amnesty with the sob stories about being brought here through no fault of their own and the ensuing demands that their parents get amnesty also. In essence it would mean granting amnesty to most all illegals here....no thanks.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
This election was a statement. That statement is that the Dems are out of touch with the AMERICAN people. Maybe if they spent less time trying to pander to everyone else they might have had a clue what we the people really care about. Many Americans don't place the illegal immigration problem at a high priority and that is unfortunate, but many do. Most who do don't want an amnesty for these criminals. Either way the Dems took a very justified beating.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This election was a statement. That statement is that the Dems are out of touch with the AMERICAN people. Maybe if they spent less time trying to pander to everyone else they might have had a clue what we the people really care about. Many Americans don't place the illegal immigration problem at a high priority and that is unfortunate, but many do. Most who do don't want an amnesty for these criminals. Either way the Dems took a very justified beating.
As I recall, the advocates claimed that the GOP's stance on illegal immigration is why Romney lost the election. Hmm, I wonder how they explain the thorough trouncing that the Democrats got last night then?

Old 11-05-2014, 08:46 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As I recall, the advocates claimed that the GOP's stance on illegal immigration is why Romney lost the election. Hmm, I wonder how they explain the thorough trouncing that the Democrats got last night then?
Whoever said that didn't watch the 2012 election.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:21 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON -- When CNN announced on Tuesday evening that Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall lost, about 25 young undocumented immigrants and pro-immigration reform advocates in a row house in Washington, D.C., groaned in unison.

Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrated With Obama

I'm starting to think a mass amnesty will NEVER be passed. If I was in the US illegally; I'd REALLY be looking over my shoulder and keeping my mouth shut.
What's interesting is how many of these articles continually act like 'Latino' Voters are interchangable with 'Illegal Alien' supporters. I doubt there are many Latino's who busted their butts and immigrated 'Legally' that are ok with carte blanche Amnesty.

As we saw from the Boston Bombers we even let in the wrong kind of legal immigrants into this country

Old 11-05-2014, 02:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What's interesting is how many of these articles continually act like 'Latino' Voters are interchangable with 'Illegal Alien' supporters. I doubt there are many Latino's who busted their butts and immigrated 'Legally' that are ok with carte blanche Amnesty.

As we saw from the Boston Bombers we even let in the wrong kind of legal immigrants into this country
IMHO that's "deliberate" to fuzz the line between legal aliens, illegal aliens and US citizens so the illegals can hide behind "racism" to keep pulling their scam on the US.

Agreed about that Boston bomber dude, def a scumball.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I place it very high on my importance list, because Immigration (both long and short term) as a whole is tied who is in our country at any one given time, and there are some very dangerous people amongst them.

We have all sorts of unsavory types here that are here legally and illegally: Drug runner's and Coyotes from Mexico, ISIS supporters and bombers that are Islamist, and the people are here just to mooch off of us. And I'm not just talking about south of the border, as I was just at a section 8 housing complex that was filled with healthy adult Eastern block people.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO that's "deliberate" to fuzz the line between legal aliens, illegal aliens and US citizens so the illegals can hide behind "racism" to keep pulling their scam on the US.

Agreed about that Boston bomber dude, def a scumball.
It definately makes their support base look much larger than it is. I have family members over the last century who did immigrate here 'legally' from Mexico, France and Germany, and extended family members from the Far East. Not one Illegal amongst them. If foreigners want to come here they can do it the same way, legally, just like every other country in the world.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It definately makes their support base look much larger than it is. I have family members over the last century who did immigrate here 'legally' from Mexico, France and Germany, and extended family members from the Far East. Not one Illegal amongst them. If foreigners want to come here they can do it the same way, legally, just like every other country in the world.
And there is a limit to that also but illegal aliens don't care they just come anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration