Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
One's about as bad as the other, though Biden *might* (not sure) be a tad more mature than BHO.

If he issues an EO for unilateral amnesty, that's an illegal action in direct violation of already-unenforced immigration laws.

Might even be an impeachable offense.
I hope our time isn't wasted with impeachment hearings, the House and the Senate have bills on their desks ready to be worked on including an illegal immigration bill that hasnt even reached Obamas desk. It's time for the parties to quit playing chicken, grow a set, and go to work for the American people. If they screw around for the next two years, nobody wins, except them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:23 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
I don't care WHAT he does, there's no way that history will be written that the American people finally elected the first black president and Congress impeached him.

And everyone in Congress knows that.

I really hope that he doesn't do the EO, but I know that he will. The only question is--how bad? Everyone now a citizen? Or a path to citizenship?

Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

The aide said at one point as House Speaker John Boehner was making an argument on immigration, Obama responded that his patience was running out and Vice President Joe Biden interrupted to ask how long Republicans needed. Obama angrily cut Biden off, the aide said.

--------------------

Biden cant even stand up to the "Dear Leader".
That is a major problem that I see. Appears for some odd reasoning, no one wants to stand up to him. Seems Biden is more willing to compromise. You see with Obama, it is always going to be his way or hit the hwy.

I do not believe for a second, that Obama is willing and able to work with the other side, it is not in his genes.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What happens when a major Narcissist with huge power has a meltdown in office?

Is there any procedures beyond Impeachment ?
If there is, can I please hear them!

Old 11-07-2014, 10:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and even our military WON'T back Obama IF it hit the fan. IMHO he'll do a "Nixon" and step down IF cornered. Tho Biden as POTUS?! Yowza!
As this point I think Biden would be better.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I am pretty sure at over the last decade or so, thinking people have run out of patience with the GOP lying about wanting to develop and comprehensive Immigration package.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:23 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am pretty sure at over the last decade or so, thinking people have run out of patience with the GOP lying about wanting to develop and comprehensive Immigration package.
I think it fair to say that the people spoke on tuesday about how they feel in regard to Obama's and The Dems approach.
Reform isn't rewarding illegal behavior. Reform isn't giving illegals a free pass on crimes that any legal would be held accountable for. Reform isn't avoiding holding employers accountable. The immigration reform bill passed by the senate was a profest that did little to address actual problems with our system and everything to appease and pander to illegals and their supporters.

Any reform should begin with eliminating the redundancy in the system
It should include requiring all immigrants to be able to speak, read and write in English.
It should include proof that the applicants are able to financially afford living here.
Immigration should target the needs of this nation, not the applicant.
E-Verify should be made the law of the land and on all employees, not just future employees, and not be delayed for 5 years.
Only a fool would believe that rewarding unwanted behavior is ever a solution or even part of a solution.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:30 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I hope our time isn't wasted with impeachment hearings, the House and the Senate have bills on their desks ready to be worked on including an illegal immigration bill that hasnt even reached Obamas desk. It's time for the parties to quit playing chicken, grow a set, and go to work for the American people. If they screw around for the next two years, nobody wins, except them.
I know...I don't want to see that happen, either, but there is a definite limit. The president is supposed to be a leader, not a dictator. This isn't a Third World nation--yet.

EOs can be used for LEGAL purposes, something that is already in effect and lawful to begin with.

An EO on amnesty is not one of those things.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You're right: it's def time to come down harder on illegal aliens and their fans. But; will the Repubs have to balls to do the right thing here? I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Animals and Megalomanics like Dear Leader can get mean and dangerous when backed into a corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration