Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:43 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,112 times

Advertisements

Don't bother... the same people posting against you are the same ones that will be whining when taxes are unreasonable, they can't afford food raw or processed and oh yeah... they have to clean their own hotel room and still pay for it.

I said it before and I will say it again, speeding and running stop signs or red lights is breaking the law. I am sure everyone in this forum (myself included) have broken the law as well. Yet they will scream and shout that it is not the same thing but as I quote one or two others "illegal is illegal" and breaking the law is breaking the law. Hypocrites I say... every last one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
you are right.. the effects would be great... NO MORE ILLEGALS!
No more drunk illegals killing Americans..
No more illegals on welfare..
No more illegals gangbanging..
No more illegals giving birth in America..
No more having millions of American tax dollars paid to aid illegals..
No more illegals raping and murdering American woman and children..
No more having to see the distruction of America society..
No more having to foot the bill for miilions of them in our prisons..
No more SO-CALLED amnesty illegals gangbanging, pushing drugs, murdering, and feeding off Americans... your right, it would be GREAT!
I AGREE......I am so damned sick and tired of hearing all this crap about illegals.. They are criminals...why do all you liberals try to con us that they are just poor folks trying to get by???? Mexico has been here a lot longer than The U.S. and we sweated to make it a good place...what have the Mexicans been doing all this time...taking siestas?

Send em all backl...we'll cope just fine!!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:07 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
I said it before and I will say it again, speeding and running stop signs or red lights is breaking the law. I am sure everyone in this forum (myself included) have broken the law as well. Yet they will scream and shout that it is not the same thing but as I quote one or two others "illegal is illegal" and breaking the law is breaking the law. Hypocrites I say... every last one!
<sigh> Not this lame argument again!

If I speed, I am breaking the law. If I get caught, the price is a speeding ticket. I know this when I am speeding, and am willing to pay the penalty if caught.

An illegal alien is breaking the law. If he gets caught, the price is deportation. Does the illegal alien expect to get caught or pay the penalty?

Obviously you don't think he should. Do you also think that I should be able to speed at will without expecting to get caught or pay a price?

I hope this clears up your little analogy once and for all.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Would future Historians compare it to the Indian Removal Act?
No. More like the liberation of France.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
<sigh> Not this lame argument again!

If I speed, I am breaking the law. If I get caught, the price is a speeding ticket. I know this when I am speeding, and am willing to pay the penalty if caught.

An illegal alien is breaking the law. If he gets caught, the price is deportation. Does the illegal alien expect to get caught or pay the penalty?

Obviously you don't think he should. Do you also think that I should be able to speed at will without expecting to get caught or pay a price?

I hope this clears up your little analogy once and for all.
Sorry... not at all. You honestly think illegal immigrants don't know the risks? Oh come on. I would believe that you are more likely to think you would NOT be caught speeding (as most drivers are) than an illegal immigrant thinking they would not be caught.

Bottom line is that we are not enforcing our laws from speeding to illegal immigration. That is the hypocrisy of our country. We pick and chose what we want the government to enforce when it is convenient for us and hopefully doesn't raise our taxes. If we do begin enforcing ALL laws as they should be you will be the first to say that you do not want your taxes raised to hire additional law enforcement and that government is prying too much into your personal life. Be careful what you wish for and think about what we can realistically do to solve our country's problems.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:29 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Would future Historians compare it to the Indian Removal Act?
Just imagine the catrosphic effects it would have on the American Economy/Mexican Economy. Wait thats right we Americans dont care about the economy we rather pay lower taxes . So who's ready to work the Ag Fields in Salinas Valley ? Or Clean the **** in hotels ?
The main people that would take a small hit in the pocket are the employers who would have to pay the same illegals (now legal) 7.15 instead of 4 under the table. If we just made a law to track down as many illegals as possible and make them legal. It would force employers to start paying them with a tax deduction. A large majority of these employers are wealthy and just don't want to pay the legal amount to employ people.

I don't think we should deport them as much as some others think. This isn't possible and won't happen anyway. We just need to collect taxes from them to offset the economical burden they currently give the country.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I didn't realize the country was built for businesses... I thought it was for the people... who cleans the toilet... well, I guess legal Americans will... I clean my own toilet... I don't remember hiring an illegal to clean my toilet...

Old 01-08-2008, 05:37 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I didn't realize the country was built for businesses... I thought it was for the people... who cleans the toilet... well, I guess legal Americans will... I clean my own toilet... I don't remember hiring an illegal to clean my toilet...
LOL I clean my own too and an American is out there that will work to clean mine if I choose to pay.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ah The US is all about business. It was investors (be it crown or business folk) that funded the first expeditions to the Americas and established colonies and trade routes. The industrial revolution was the first large scale offshoring effort from Europe in our modern history. It is all cyclical and all about business.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Sorry... not at all. You honestly think illegal immigrants don't know the risks? Oh come on. I would believe that you are more likely to think you would NOT be caught speeding (as most drivers are) than an illegal immigrant thinking they would not be caught.

Bottom line is that we are not enforcing our laws from speeding to illegal immigration. That is the hypocrisy of our country. We pick and chose what we want the government to enforce when it is convenient for us and hopefully doesn't raise our taxes. If we do begin enforcing ALL laws as they should be you will be the first to say that you do not want your taxes raised to hire additional law enforcement and that government is prying too much into your personal life. Be careful what you wish for and think about what we can realistically do to solve our country's problems.
Big difference; literally.

An illegal immigrant is; by definition, a criminal------they have far fewer rights than a green card holder let alone a US citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration