Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Irish, etc. came here legally: can many if not most Mexican nationals in recent years make that same claim?
Still analogous. Not material to the conversation.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM

29 posts, read 34,002 times
I don't think you all realize that the majority of illegal immigrants don't come here with the intention to commit crimes. the majority have families and don't have the option to be deported for fear of separation. illegals try and keep under the radar and stay out of trouble, which also explains the reason why most illegals also pay taxes (for those people who may not know in order to pay taxes you only need a tax id. number which can be obtained without a social security card.) the ones being exploited are not the americans

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristobal View Post
I don't think you all realize that the majority of illegal immigrants don't come here with the intention to commit crimes. the majority have families and don't have the option to be deported for fear of separation. illegals try and keep under the radar and stay out of trouble, which also explains the reason why most illegals also pay taxes (for those people who may not know in order to pay taxes you only need a tax id. number which can be obtained without a social security card.) the ones being exploited are not the americans
ID theft, non reporting of income, etc. are Felonies----------which will land an American in prison.

As for deportation: the USA is in growing economic trouble and we need to take care of our own citizens-----------illegal aliens all need to be kicked out.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
We have immigration laws. All must abide by them. No excuses and no justifications.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM

yup america the high and mighty enforcers, we fuel the drug cartels with weapons that in turn makes the situation in central/south american countries worse and bring the demand of the drug trade to the U.S.
we help to make it necessary to cross the boarder illegally then we exploit and punish those who do, good old fashion justice "all men are created equally" just not if you're not from our country.

"For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them. "
— Thomas More

Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
yup america the high and mighty enforcers, we fuel the drug cartels with weapons that in turn makes the situation in central/south american countries worse and bring the demand of the drug trade to the U.S.
we help to make it necessary to cross the boarder illegally then we exploit and punish those who do, good old fashion justice "all men are created equally" just not if you're not from our country.

"For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them. "
— Thomas More
Tell that to the Mexican government. It’s pathetic for a country to be so unwilling to take care of its own citizens. They have dumped their rejects on the taxpayers of this country, and we are damn sick and tired of it. Live here legally, or leave.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Tell that to the Mexican government. It’s pathetic for a country to be so unwilling to take care of its own citizens. They have dumped their rejects on the taxpayers of this country, and we are damn sick and tired of it. Live here legally, or leave.

I just love how often the line of taxpayers comes up when discussing immigration.
When as i mentioned before the majority of all illegal immigrants pay taxes; they're here illegally yet they follow every other law, working harder than most lazy ass americans. Overall, other than one technicality it can be said they live like model citizens; while their are hundreds of thousands of american's who abuse welfare and really cheat the taxpayers of this country, but we would rather send out those who behave?
(and again i am refering to the majority)

Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I just love how often the line of taxpayers comes up when discussing immigration.
When as i mentioned before the majority of all illegal immigrants pay taxes; they're here illegally yet they follow every other law, working harder than most lazy ass americans. Overall, other than one technicality it can be said they live like model citizens; while their are hundreds of thousands of american's who abuse welfare and really cheat the taxpayers of this country, but we would rather send out those who behave?
Please provide proof. I have asked on numerous occasions how on earth we know if or what illegals pay in taxes.

If. . .
1) We don’t know who they are
2) They use stolen or fake IDs
3) They work under the table

Unless you have an IRS report which enumerates illegal alien taxes, you have nothing credible to substantiate your claim. It is merely your opinion. In any case, everything they do in this country is based on fraud and deception.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
When as i mentioned before
Quote:
the majority of all illegal immigrants pay taxes; they're here illegally yet they follow every other law, working harder than most lazy ass americans. Overall, other than one technicality it can be said they live like model citizens;
while their are hundreds of thousands of american's who abuse welfare and really cheat the taxpayers of this country, but we would rather send out those who behave?
You need to WAKE UP!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Model citizens?

The illegal alien crime wave thread

Crime victims of illegal aliens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration