Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 05:52 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

For those Doubters, who refuse to believe illegals are swarming into the U.S.

New California: Mass Immigration Turning Virginia Blue

Old 07-28-2015, 02:41 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
What a terrible scene.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Nations come and go. Wonder what it was like during the fall of Rome.....

We get to watch history in the making.....

Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Did you even read the article? This has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Well I read it, and that doesn't even matter because the article outlines not only the "bluing" of that state but also the influx of poor, uneducated, dependent, and gang-affiliated migrants due to a broadened visa program (Thanks, Ted [Kennedy]). Instead of allowing entry to those who'll contribute to the country, we're putting out the red carpet for people heading straight to public assistance.

Forget red/blue--this garbaghe, along with the flood of illegals, is turning us into a banana republic, and fast.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:29 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Nations come and go. Wonder what it was like during the fall of Rome.....

We get to watch history in the making.....
No thanks! I'll continue fighting for my country. I don't have a defeatist attitude.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
As one who lives VA, I can tell you that the article is 100% accurate. Yes, it primarily discusses legal immigration but it also talks about illegal immigration.

I've been in VA for 35 years and can say that the demographic changes in my area have been profound (and not in a good way). There have been communities that have been destroyed by illegal immigration. Some of those destroyed have once been sleepy towns with little crime.

As for legal immigration---in too many places, we have seen an onslaught of Indian and Middle Eastern immigrants---many who think nothing about buying a townhouse and moving 3 families into a 3 bedroom home. It has negatively impacted schools and traffic plus all that overflow parking has to go someplace. These people move into townhouses knowing that each townhouse comes with 2 parking spots. That overflow parking goes into other neighborhoods where the residents are begging county officials to please do something about the overcrowding. However, scofflaws are treated with kid gloves while law-abiding people get the shaft.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:17 AM

110 posts, read 175,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As one who lives VA, I can tell you that the article is 100% accurate. Yes, it primarily discusses legal immigration but it also talks about illegal immigration.

I've been in VA for 35 years and can say that the demographic changes in my area have been profound (and not in a good way). There have been communities that have been destroyed by illegal immigration. Some of those destroyed have once been sleepy towns with little crime.

As for legal immigration---in too many places, we have seen an onslaught of Indian and Middle Eastern immigrants---many who think nothing about buying a townhouse and moving 3 families into a 3 bedroom home. It has negatively impacted schools and traffic plus all that overflow parking has to go someplace. These people move into townhouses knowing that each townhouse comes with 2 parking spots. That overflow parking goes into other neighborhoods where the residents are begging county officials to please do something about the overcrowding. However, scofflaws are treated with kid gloves while law-abiding people get the shaft.
Yes, fast-sweeping changes have hit Northern VA.

Minorities become majority in Washington region

"In most places, the demographic shift has been so rapid that even the officials tracking it have been stunned.

A report this spring by the Northern Virginia Regional Commission noted that the number of students enrolled in the area’s eight school districts grew by almost 119,000 from 1995 to 2010. The number of white students rose by barely 1,000. The rest were minorities."

Old 07-29-2015, 12:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
In 1992, I used to go about once every three months to the U.S. Geological Survey office in San Francisco to get maps. In the same seven story building, there was an office for the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Every time I went, there was a line of about five hundred people extending from the stairways and lobby of the building down the outside steps and around the block. They were non-white, poorly dressed and didn't speak English from what I could tell.

About ten years later, I drove through Hayward and San Leandro, and it appeared that these had been pretty much taken over by immigrants. What I found remarkable about all of this was that it was never discussed in the media. It was a silent invasion sponsored by our own government of which Americans were totally unaware. It has never stopped. The only discussions were about illegal immigration, which did not appear to effect Northern California all that much.

23 years later, there is still no discussion of legal immigration and the fact that about 90% of it is of poor people who take the unskilled jobs that America's unemployed citizens should be doing. We pay taxes to support an impoverished underclass of American citizens, and then import even more poverty on a huge scale -- now over 1,000,000 people a year -- even when when have high unemployment and sagging wages.

Thus do our politicians and their lapdog media screw the American people.

About ten years ago, the demographic changes in California were so dramatic that people finally started noticing. That was when the media started trumpeting the glories of diversity and newspapers had constant "human interest" stories about the struggles of immigrants.

Now those demographic changes are spreading throughout the country. I used to talk about this and people from other states wouldn't "get it." Well, now they are getting it -- in more ways than one.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:50 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
the heck it doesn't!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration