Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:23 PM

59,324 posts, read 27,487,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It was pandering, Obama promised a legal path to naturalization twice while he was campaigning, meanwhile he has deported more people than any other president. I thought it was over the top, Reagan did full blown amnesty and it didn't work, I am a liberal I have the utmost empathy for people trying to better their situation but I don't agree with amnesty at this massive level.
" meanwhile he has deported more people than any other president"

When illegals attempt to come in at border stations and are turned back, Obama counts that as being deported.

THAT is why his numbers look so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 PM

17,371 posts, read 11,338,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" meanwhile he has deported more people than any other president"

When illegals attempt to come in at border stations and are turned back, Obama counts that as being deported.

THAT is why his numbers look so good.
Obama's saying he's deported more illegals than any other president is the biggest farce pushed onto the American people and some of you fall for it. Reality the truth is just the opposite. He's bent over backwards to allow as many illegals into the country as possible without being impeached for it.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You are aware, aren't you, that Reagan was extremely reluctant to grant amnesty and only did it because the Democrats running congress at the time promised to secure the border with a fence, etc... Only then did Reagan agree to it.

Naturally the Democrats stabbed Reagan and the entire nation in the back when, after the amnesty was granted, they REFUSED to secure the border. And in keeping with their nature they also defunded the Secure Fence Act in 2007.
And this is exactly correct. That's why most Republicans now are opposed to grant amnesty without securing the borders first. To do otherwise would be to repeat the mistake Reagan made.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't know if they may be moving further north as I am seeing an "upswing" in the population here. The last thing we need with our tax deficits is more illegals with their anchors.
My hope is that if they aren't stopped and they do get amnesty from the next president that they do move north in large numbers. Then the rest of the country who thinks it's no big deal can have a taste of what they voted for. They'll deserve it and I'll say "I told you so".

Old 03-22-2016, 04:45 PM

424 posts, read 468,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And this is exactly correct. That's why most Republicans now are opposed to grant amnesty without securing the borders first. To do otherwise would be to repeat the mistake Reagan made.
Well, Ronnie's kids are now about 12 million strong. I would say that's quite the little mistake. Whoops, who left the door open? LOL! It's about the blow the GOP head clean off like the .44 Magnum of one of their most famous supporters. You guys better hope Trump wins. I hope you become reliable voters.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:01 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,455,425 times
I see illegal immigrants as victims of circumstance, and that while they tax our country there are much better things we can p*ss our money on.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:47 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,863,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
From an article on the Democrat debate:

Are not all undocumented immigrants criminals? Is not another term for them illegal aliens?

"Illegal aliens " isn't another term for them, it's the only one.

And the pandering to illegals (and Univision's Jorge Ramos) was typically gag-inducing.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
My hope is that if they aren't stopped and they do get amnesty from the next president that they do move north in large numbers. Then the rest of the country who thinks it's no big deal can have a taste of what they voted for. They'll deserve it and I'll say "I told you so".
So true.

I'm sick and tired of people in places like Vermont thinking that illegal immigration is no big deal simply because it isn't visible to them in their lily white ghetto.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:51 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So true.

I'm sick and tired of people in places like Vermont thinking that illegal immigration is no big deal simply because it isn't visible to them in their lily white ghetto.
I'm pretty sure that Vermont also has illegal aliens but; they're "white" from mostly Canada.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:28 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,455,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So true.

I'm from Chicago, with a huge Mexican population, and no one here cares about illegal immigration. There's enough crime from black people and home-grown Mexicans and Puerto Ricans that illegal immigrants are just a blip. We also see them as providing cheap and consistent labor, as well as repopulating areas that have seen a lot of abandonment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration