Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:43 PM

440 posts, read 329,440 times

Advertisements

Elvira Arellano denied entrance to Canada for “immigrant rights” march!

TRANSLATED FROM laopinion.com

The government of Canada denied entrance to their country to the Mexican activist Elvira Arellano, who last Sunday arrived at the Vancouver airport to participate in a demonstration. Elvira

By Telephone from Michoacán, where she already had returned, Elvira did not want to comment. “I could not enter Canada, but I cannot comment”, she mentioned. (Could it be because she’s a convicted criminal fugitive alien???)

Elvira Arellano went to the northern country to participate in an event at the border with the United States, on the Canadian side, the activities were carried out by members of the Migrant March III that left last February 2 from San Diego, California.

Elvira Arellano was an undocumented immigrant that called international attention in August 2006, when she took refuge in a church of Chicago avoiding deportation to Mexico. A year after its confinement left the temple to promote a migratory reform and in one of its first activities in Los Angeles was arrested by immigration agents and deported to Mexico.

“This is not right”, said Enrique Morones, leader of the caravan, “many activists arrived at both sides of the border to meet her, but they wouldn’t let her in”.

Morones added that the location where the encounter would have taken place on Monday, is a park that crosses the border, known as Peace Arch State Park.

In spite of the absence of Elvira, the activists carried out in at the location a vigil and a protest.

“She was going to participate with us at the Canadian side, it was going to be a moment of reflection and of prayer at the border, to carry the message that your vote is your voice, but she could not arrive”, commented Morones.

“In theory she should have no problems entering being a Mexican”, commented a source that asked not to be identified “What must have happended is that due to her record in the United States they (Canadian immigration officials) saw her as a possible candidate to remain illegally in Canada… they share lists with the United States”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Which only goes to prove that your first instinct is usually the most sensible one. Elvira would have been better off if she had just entered Canada the same way she enters the US....without asking permission. I'll bet SHE'S learned her lesson. No more of that 'legal' stuff......

It's ironic that Canada refused her entry, and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings....she asked, and they said "no". But the US, where she actually DID enter, and stayed for a long time, is the "bad guy". It's the US that she's 'mad at', not Canada. Perhaps the US could learn a lesson in all this about the wisdom of letting people in, and in the amount of gratitude they can be expected to feel...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:55 PM

440 posts, read 329,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Which only goes to prove that your first instinct is usually the most sensible one. Elvira would have been better off if she had just entered Canada the same way she enters the US....without asking permission. I'll bet SHE'S learned her lesson. No more of that 'legal' stuff......
She's determined to re-enter the US and that little prayer vigil may have been designed for her re-entry. According to Arellano, she and the current illegal holed up in Aldaberto Church, are like "family".

Old 02-14-2008, 04:41 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Boo hoo for her. And thank you Canada!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Canada is such a racist country!!! Right? (you know who you are)

Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Hint to the illegals:

Stay out of Canada------your kind are not wanted there either.

I strongly suspect that the 'Canucks' have been watching what we have been dealing with and learning what to do or not to do

Old 02-14-2008, 06:05 PM

97 posts, read 504,104 times
Default Good job Canada!

See Canada did the right thing. They ACTUALLY did what they are supposed to do, that is to ENFORCE immigration laws. Having traveled to Countries like Australia, Canada,ans England, let me tell you their Immigration does not play around and have very strict laws. When I went to all three of the above countries I entered on a temporary Tourist Visa. I was NOT allowed to work in Australia, Canada, and England, while vacationing there. In those countries don't even think about over staying your Visa. If you do, they will actually come looking for you. This is no Joke. Ourr Immigration Enforcement IS a joke, (though it's not even funny)

Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hint to the illegals:

I strongly suspect that the 'Canucks' have been watching what we have been dealing with and learning what to do or not to do
AZBear, no country wants illegals and their baggage.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
poor poor illegal criminal.. maybe prezzy calderon will throw
a few pesos her way.. NOT!

too bad calderon didnt show up at my house..
I could have showed him a real good time..

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hint to the illegals:

Maybe we should adopt Mexico's illegal enforcement policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration