Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 PM

451 posts, read 310,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Funny thing is, it comes out only in Latin American countries. It comes out in Puerto Rico, but not Jamaica . Oh and, it comes out in Texas too.
Well, the thing is that "el Chupacabras" is a puerto rican born US citizen that does not have passport and only travels within United States territory, ie. Texas, Puerto Rico, Wyoming, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Well, the thing is that "el Chupacabras" is a puerto rican born US citizen that does not have passport and only travels within United States territory, ie. Texas, Puerto Rico, Wyoming, etc.
That makes no sense.

1. You can't travel to any country now with out a passport
2. What the heck are you talking about? This is El Chupacabra:

http://upsidedownhippo.com/archives/chupacabra-november1.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-14-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
That makes no sense.

1. You can't travel to any country now with out a passport
2. What the heck are you talking about? This is El Chupacabra:

http://upsidedownhippo.com/archives/chupacabra-november1.jpg (broken link)
I meant legally, btw nice picture.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
I meant legally, btw nice picture.
Unfortunately, the closest they've come to finding a Chupacabra is a dog with mange.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, the closest they've come to finding a Chupacabra is a dog with mange.
You telling me, this is not chupacabras, I'm heartbroken

Old 03-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
How does demanding our immigration laws be enforced translate to fear, hate, extremism, lack of logic, less then intelligent solutions, facist or racist? Please enlighten us........We are dying to hear your spin on this one.
That's precisely the point....

Old 04-03-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And how's that working for them?

Growth? We are in a recession. The dollar continued it's free fall today. This "cheap labor" is harming the economy in the long run. We need higher wages. We need higher interest rates. We need to infuse some value back into the dollar, otherwise, oil will continue to climb, causing the price of goods to climb. We cant continue to debase our currency! If we ejected the illegals, the increased cost of services will be offset by the increased value of the dollar.

If we keep going the way we have been going, we will end up with a country of a few super rich CEOs and hundreds of millions of poor people getting slave wages, just like a third world country. This has been the trend, has it not. It wasn't too long ago when a janitor could support his family in his own house in nice blue collar neighborhood. I'm only 39 years old, and I can remember those days. Do you ever ponder the reasons why the standard of living has gone down so much? I haven't even gotten into the tax revenue that could be re-diverted back to the benefit of Americans. It could be used to help poor Americans buy health insurance, rebuild rusty bridges, etc.

You can call these people mean, redneck, racists all you want, but you would be wrong. This is a trick of the illegal alien sympathizers. Turn it into a race issue. In REALITY, it is an economic issue. Most people dont care what race an illegal alien is, they just want them gone. I believe you are really looking out for people and trying to be humane. I am too, but my allegiance and humanity is toward the American people first. I'll worry about citizens of other countries after all of our people are taken care of.

but what's the point?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
but what's the point?
MD's point is simple:

Quit blaming everybody else for the problems caused by the presence of illegal immigrants.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
An old adage is 'follow the money'....who is benefitting from this arrangement?
Businesses are. Big businesses such as packing houses to smaller outfits in the construction industry as well as agriculture benefit from paying less for illegal workers then they would pay for a legal immigrant or a US citizen. Period.
Why has it been allowed to continue? Money. Money saved from paying employees is money in the bank for corporations and shareholders and lets face it, lobbyists to go to DC and 'peruade' govt. officials to look the other way in their home state.
We also can't overlook the effect the word 'racist' has on our society. There is nothing worse to be called, and it certainly is a career killer. What happens when there have been ICE raids? The word racist gets thrown around and for good measure there will be human interest stories in the papers for weeks afterwards featuring families 'torn apart' by the raid.
So, I suggest following AZ and OK lead, fine businesses heavily and often for hiring illegals, fine heavily realtors/propety owners who knowingly sell/rent to illegals, and finally to take the abuse of the word 'racist' when called it.
Nobody is saying keep people from immigrating to the US. Nobody is saying only let in whites. What a lot of people are saying is let in legal immigrants that have skills that can help and add to our society.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
An old adage is 'follow the money'....who is benefitting from this arrangement?
Businesses are. Big businesses such as packing houses to smaller outfits in the construction industry as well as agriculture benefit from paying less for illegal workers then they would pay for a legal immigrant or a US citizen. Period.
Why has it been allowed to continue? Money. Money saved from paying employees is money in the bank for corporations and shareholders and lets face it, lobbyists to go to DC and 'peruade' govt. officials to look the other way in their home state.
We also can't overlook the effect the word 'racist' has on our society. There is nothing worse to be called, and it certainly is a career killer. What happens when there have been ICE raids? The word racist gets thrown around and for good measure there will be human interest stories in the papers for weeks afterwards featuring families 'torn apart' by the raid.
So, I suggest following AZ and OK lead, fine businesses heavily and often for hiring illegals, fine heavily realtors/propety owners who knowingly sell/rent to illegals, and finally to take the abuse of the word 'racist' when called it.
Nobody is saying keep people from immigrating to the US. Nobody is saying only let in whites. What a lot of people are saying is let in legal immigrants that have skills that can help and add to our society.
Your statement is quite reasonable IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration