Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 09:21 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Wrong. Trump offered Chuckles a deal. He shut gov't down. Then 3 days later Chuckles came back with tail between his legs.

The Republicans are in power its squarely on them. Also, Trump was not negotiating when he said he wants the wall or I won't give you such and such - and then he shut down the Govt.

Democrats don't want a wall, nor do I. I can't imagine a bigger waste of money and I thought Republicans loved money. Knowing how they do business they probably have 12 companies in the wings waiting for those Govt contracts to build a wall.

Haven't these people heard of cameras ? They've only been in existence for 100+years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 09:28 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Despite what you and the other arm chair lawyers think DACA is a legal immigrant status. They are protesting because they want the program to be extended (time wise) and/or provide a legal pathway to permanent resident status (aka green card).

There's nothing wrong with petitioning the Govt to change laws, its enshrined in the Constitution. These DACA people know the law better than the US citizens on this forum and that's funny as hell to me.
Please quote said law... Obama waved his magic wand and made Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, you do know what Deferred means don't you..
The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was an American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors, and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work

It was a policy, not a law, policies can be broken by the current president, thus they become what they always were, illegal aliens, here illegally.

Had Obama and the dems wanted them to be legal, they had held complete control the first two years of his presidency, yet they did not make a law to make them legal, thus they have NO rights to protest in such a manner as to disrupt the running of our country. Everyone has a right to speak out, illegals and DACA have blocked traffic making it impossible for LEGAL people to get to work, ambulances and police to get to emergencies and now they storm govt offices demanding, not asking, they all need to go the heck back where they came from and learn some manners.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:34 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Despite what you and the other arm chair lawyers think DACA is a legal immigrant status. They are protesting because they want the program to be extended (time wise) and/or provide a legal pathway to permanent resident status (aka green card).

There's nothing wrong with petitioning the Govt to change laws, its enshrined in the Constitution. These DACA people know the law better than the US citizens on this forum and that's funny as hell to me.
Are you sure? You keep mixing up two things: Legal Permanent Residents (Green Card) and DACA. They are not the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with them petitioning the Gov't for change. I don't have a problem with that. Dems holding the Govt hostage for DACA is not right though. They should negotiate that separately.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:56 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
The Republicans are in power its squarely on them. Also, Trump was not negotiating when he said he wants the wall or I won't give you such and such - and then he shut down the Govt.

Democrats don't want a wall, nor do I. I can't imagine a bigger waste of money and I thought Republicans loved money. Knowing how they do business they probably have 12 companies in the wings waiting for those Govt contracts to build a wall.

Haven't these people heard of cameras ? They've only been in existence for 100+years.

How is the wall a waste of money when the type of wall proposed has already proven to work? I'd rather we put out $25 billion for a wall than to continue paying $100 billion year for the social costs of illegal immigration.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:08 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Are you sure? You keep mixing up two things: Legal Permanent Residents (Green Card) and DACA. They are not the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with them petitioning the Gov't for change. I don't have a problem with that. Dems holding the Govt hostage for DACA is not right though. They should negotiate that separately.

You should re read what I wrote, so I have posted it again. I am aware of the difference between DACA and a legal permanent resident (aka green card holder).

US immigration works on "status" a person has a valid legal status under immigration law or they do not. There's no grey area. Some status can be changed to another status for example a financee that arrives on an F1 visa has a legal status as an F1 visa holder. AFter they get married to a US citizen they adjust status to get a 3 year conditional green card. That becomes their new legal status under immigration law.

DACA is a legal immigrant status under US immigration law. The big difference here is that its a temp status and does not lead to a green card (aka another legal status) just like a tourist visa is a legal status that does not lead to a green card.

The protestors want that changed. Once their temporary status expires if there's no change they will be deported under immigration law. Whether or not the US can actually deport 800,000+ of them is a different story.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:52 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
You should re read what I wrote, so I have posted it again. I am aware of the difference between DACA and a legal permanent resident (aka green card holder).

US immigration works on "status" a person has a valid legal status under immigration law or they do not. There's no grey area. Some status can be changed to another status for example a financee that arrives on an F1 visa has a legal status as an F1 visa holder. AFter they get married to a US citizen they adjust status to get a 3 year conditional green card. That becomes their new legal status under immigration law.

DACA is a legal immigrant status under US immigration law. The big difference here is that its a temp status and does not lead to a green card (aka another legal status) just like a tourist visa is a legal status that does not lead to a green card.

The protestors want that changed. Once their temporary status expires if there's no change they will be deported under immigration law. Whether or not the US can actually deport 800,000+ of them is a different story.
DACA are illegal aliens with a temporary stay. Nothing more. Other cases you are discussing are not like DACA illegals.

OK, you get it temp status, but that should never have been extended by Obama in the first place, so that is standing on one leg! And, no tourist visa, the person came in legally.

The protesters can go pound sand! Let them protest in their own country, not ours. Coming into our country and demanding we change our laws to accommodate them, they should have put out a long time ago. I suspect they and their families had issues in their own country with the attitude most display here.

There were 790,000 under DACA, now there are 690,000. And, since we know who they are, it will help when it comes time to pick them up. Kind of funny really, they thought they would get something for nothing, and now it may very well backfire on them.

While DACA and other illegals can protest OUR LAWS, and have an opinion, the value placed on their whining is pretty much zero. They have complaints about our country and our laws, put them on the bus headed for the border.

DACA has NO LEGAL STATUS: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/the-facts-on-daca/

"The DACA program doesn’t provide a path to citizenship, and even though recipients have deportation deferred, they still do not have lawful status."

Old 01-29-2018, 03:31 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,777,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They will soon be waving Mexican flags, burning American flags and blocking traffic. It'll be interesting to see how opinion polls change in the coming weeks.
The worst thing is many American leftists aggressively deny that the DACA people are bad people, and especially that the illegal aliens are a hostile invasion force. They deny it. The daca aliens could have been deported long ago, if it wasn't for the rampant treasonous political movement here.
Look at how an invading forces (tatars, ottomans, huns, vikings...etc) behaved hundreds of years ago after entering any country in Europe. The exact same way as these daca ones, so really only idiots deny the fact that they are an invading army. There is a difference between immigration and invasion, but that difference made ambiguous in mainstream media propaganda.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM

243 posts, read 224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
The worst thing is many American leftists aggressively deny that the DACA people are bad people, and especially that the illegal aliens are a hostile invasion force. They deny it. The daca aliens could have been deported long ago, if it wasn't for the rampant treasonous political movement here.
Look at how an invading forces (tatars, ottomans, huns, vikings...etc) behaved hundreds of years ago after entering any country in Europe. The exact same way as these daca ones, so really only idiots deny the fact that they are an invading army. There is a difference between immigration and invasion, but that difference made ambiguous in mainstream media propaganda.

"Daca ones" are you referring to their parents or the actual DACA recipients?

I doubt children entering a country illegally can be seen as an "invading force"

Their parents? Totally! They should be deported... but the actual DACA...

Old 01-29-2018, 05:21 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:

DACA is a legal immigrant status under US immigration law.
No, it is not. DACA isn't a law. It's an EO "policy," only.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:14 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,777,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
"Daca ones" are you referring to their parents or the actual DACA recipients?

I doubt children entering a country illegally can be seen as an "invading force"

Their parents? Totally! They should be deported... but the actual DACA...
Most of those children were not children when entered, the remaining ones were happy that their parents took them to America. anyone aged 10...18 can understand the difference between a ****hole and America.
If the daca recipients get a visa, become citizens, they will give family reunification visas to their parents who came here as adults illegally. DACA is almost like an anchor baby program, with double time required for the parent to gain citizenship. It is just a different crafty scheme to do invasion, instead of coming in like the Tatars on horsebacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration