Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 03:27 PM

2,180 posts, read 644,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Family Reunification Laws in Selected Jurisdictions

"For many of the jurisdictions covered, the information provided focuses exclusively on family reunification for permanent residents. However, for a number of jurisdictions, information is also provided on family reunification for citizens/nationals or temporary residents. The variance is due to the information available for the given jurisdiction and the manner in which the legal sources consulted for the jurisdiction are organized. "

How the United States Immigration System Works

"Family unification is an important principle governing immigration policy. The family-based immigration category allows U.S. citizens and LPRs to bring certain family members to the United States. Family-based immigrants are admitted either as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or through the family preference system."

Immigrant children: Federal judge orders families separated at border be reunited within 30 days

"They belie measured and ordered governance, which is central to the concept of due process enshrined in our Constitution," Sabraw wrote.

In his 24-page order, the judge also slammed the administration's lack of preparedness in implementing its policy.

“The government readily keeps track of personal property of detainees in criminal and immigration proceedings,” Sabraw wrote. “Money, important documents, and automobiles, to name a few, are routinely catalogued, stored, tracked and produced upon a detainee’s release, at all levels – state and federal, citizen and alien. Yet, the government has no system in place to keep track of, provide effective communication with, and promptly produce alien children. The unfortunate reality is that under the present system migrant children are not accounted for with the same efficiency and accuracy as property. Certainly, that cannot satisfy the requirements of due process.”
<snip>
“The administration’s practice of separating families is cruel, plain and simple,” New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said in a statement. “Every day, it seems like the administration is issuing new, contradictory policies and relying on new, contradictory justifications. But we can’t forget: The lives of real people hang in the balance.”

Oh. My. God. Just stop.

You keep posting voluminous tomes that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Family reunification is not in the Constitution. Period. Your link discusses due process under the law. Which, ANY LAW is technically. But that's not the same as "immigration through family unification is guaranteed by the Constitution." I think you believe that any law is incorporated into the Constitution. It's not. Federal statutory and administrative law is not part of the Constitution. However, those laws must be applied and developed in accordance with with the Constitution.

Congress could pass a law tomorrow getting rid of family unification immigration, and it would not run afoul of the Constitution. But, they couldn't pass a law outlawing message baords like this one. Because, unlike family reunification immigration, freedom of speech IS PROTECTED AND GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

I have to ask... you're not American, are you? I feel that you don't get basic concepts of American law and government, and yet you seem to have a need to argue them as if you do.

You are certainly not law trained, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 09:38 PM

4,469 posts, read 5,199,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unlike you I'm not a pessimist. The good physical barriers are very effective in deterring illegal entry. Couple that with e-verify and ending the anchor baby fiasco and it will have a profound effect. I don't know where you are getting that these measures above will have zero effect. We don't need to militarize our entire border with orders to shoot. In fact, not all illegals are coming here for work. Certainly criminals and terrorists aren't, thus the wall. I hope you're not one of those who thinks that unless we can't deter 100% of the illegal entrants then there is no use in trying. If 80-90% isn't good enough then I don't know what is.
I here you, but we’ve got 20+ million illegals here now. No action was taken at 5, 10 or 15 million illegals. The law has been flagrantly dismissed for decades. Almost 10% of all births in this country come from people that are illegally squatting for just as long. What sort of power and indifference is required to achieve these gross perversions in the greatest country on earth? A couple of looney liberals and 5th grade educated non English speaking foreigners? I think not.

I am definitely an unwilling pessimist.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:52 AM

63,314 posts, read 29,388,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I here you, but we’ve got 20+ million illegals here now. No action was taken at 5, 10 or 15 million illegals. The law has been flagrantly dismissed for decades. Almost 10% of all births in this country come from people that are illegally squatting for just as long. What sort of power and indifference is required to achieve these gross perversions in the greatest country on earth? A couple of looney liberals and 5th grade educated non English speaking foreigners? I think not.

I am definitely an unwilling pessimist.
Things are changing with this president and I'm optimistic that it will get better in regards to enforcing our immigration laws internally and at the border in spite of the Democrat's objections. Everything has a breaking point and we've just about reached it.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:33 AM

89,513 posts, read 45,181,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
family reunification id a right granted by the constitution for american citizens to bring their relatives from abroad and the trump administration wants to cut away that right.
That is NOT in the constitution. Whoever told you that lied to you.
Exactly. WHERE on EARTH do people get such ridiculously absurd ideas? Are many Americans really that stupid?

Old 09-25-2019, 08:42 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,633,546 times
Quote:
Family Reunification Laws in Selected Jurisdictions

"For many of the jurisdictions covered, the information provided focuses exclusively on family reunification for permanent residents. However, for a number of jurisdictions, information is also provided on family reunification for citizens/nationals or temporary residents. The variance is due to the information available for the given jurisdiction and the manner in which the legal sources consulted for the jurisdiction are organized. "

How the United States Immigration System Works

"Family unification is an important principle governing immigration policy. The family-based immigration category allows U.S. citizens and LPRs to bring certain family members to the United States. Family-based immigrants are admitted either as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or through the family preference system."

Immigrant children: Federal judge orders families separated at border be reunited within 30 days

"They belie measured and ordered governance, which is central to the concept of due process enshrined in our Constitution," Sabraw wrote.

In his 24-page order, the judge also slammed the administration's lack of preparedness in implementing its policy.

“The government readily keeps track of personal property of detainees in criminal and immigration proceedings,” Sabraw wrote. “Money, important documents, and automobiles, to name a few, are routinely catalogued, stored, tracked and produced upon a detainee’s release, at all levels – state and federal, citizen and alien. Yet, the government has no system in place to keep track of, provide effective communication with, and promptly produce alien children. The unfortunate reality is that under the present system migrant children are not accounted for with the same efficiency and accuracy as property. Certainly, that cannot satisfy the requirements of due process.”
<snip>
“The administration’s practice of separating families is cruel, plain and simple,” New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said in a statement. “Every day, it seems like the administration is issuing new, contradictory policies and relying on new, contradictory justifications. But we can’t forget: The lives of real people hang in the balance.”
Quote:
Oh. My. God. Just stop.

You keep posting voluminous tomes that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Family reunification is not in the Constitution. Period. Your link discusses due process under the law. Which, ANY LAW is technically. But that's not the same as "immigration through family unification is guaranteed by the Constitution." I think you believe that any law is incorporated into the Constitution. It's not. Federal statutory and administrative law is not part of the Constitution. However, those laws must be applied and developed in accordance with with the Constitution.

Congress could pass a law tomorrow getting rid of family unification immigration, and it would not run afoul of the Constitution. But, they couldn't pass a law outlawing message baords like this one. Because, unlike family reunification immigration, freedom of speech IS PROTECTED AND GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

I have to ask... you're not American, are you? I feel that you don't get basic concepts of American law and government, and yet you seem to have a need to argue them as if you do.

You are certainly not law trained, right?
Quote:
Family reunification is not in the Constitution. Period.
Did I say that it did? I confirmed what you said. I presented the facts of family reunification as I found them, so some one reading these comments can go, oh, that's what these people are talking about, so as confusion and chaos does not follow. But atlas, some people remain confused, not matter what I say or do.
Quote:
I have to ask... you're not American, are you?
I'm not an A ... s

"But we can’t forget: The lives of real people hang in the balance.”"

In all honesty I don't believe real Americans have lived in this country for a long time now, at least they don't act like real Americans, because real Americans care about people and Americans these days don't give a Sh! about nothing or nobody.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:16 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,633,546 times
Quote:
That is NOT in the constitution. Whoever told you that lied to you.
Quote:
family reunification id a right granted by the constitution for american citizens to bring their relatives from abroad and the trump administration wants to cut away that right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. WHERE on EARTH do people get such ridiculously absurd ideas? Are many Americans really that stupid?
Protecting the Right to Family Life in Immigration Law

"Many Americans believe that one of the functions of United States immigration law is to facilitate family reunification. For example, the idea that if a non-citizen marries a United States citizen that person can reside in the United States with their U.S. citizen spouse." (i.e. Trump's marriage)

The Right to Family Unification in French and United States Immigration Law

Interesting piece ^ I'm sure as the French does not have a birthright within their laws, and also how this plays in the u.s. sorted details of things, today.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:35 AM

14,270 posts, read 4,642,326 times
Quote:
family reunification id a right granted by the constitution for american citizens to bring their relatives from abroad and the trump administration wants to cut away that right. this is not about needing. specially when his own wife brought her parents. he had no issue with that did he?

except from immigrants from India and Africa i dont see a load of people coming to america in the next few decades. specially that even with a "good economy going" no one with a decent background wants to come here.
No it is not. Where do you get that idea?

I am a US citizen married to a foreign woman (she is Taiwanese). I had to get through a lot of hurdles just to get her a CR1 visa.

There are also a lot of cases where the CR1 visa is completely denied (mostly in high fraud countries) because the CO is suspecting the marriage is fraudulent.

The only right as far as immigration goes for US citizens is they cannot be deny admission into their own country which is the US

Old 09-25-2019, 06:23 PM

827 posts, read 667,482 times
If it wasn't for Donald Trump winning in 2016 Americans would never know how dirty Democrats are.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:44 AM

89,513 posts, read 45,181,130 times
Quote:
Protecting the Right to Family Life in Immigration Law

"Many Americans believe that one of the functions of United States immigration law is to facilitate family reunification. For example, the idea that if a non-citizen marries a United States citizen that person can reside in the United States with their U.S. citizen spouse." (i.e. Trump's marriage)

The Right to Family Unification in French and United States Immigration Law

Interesting piece ^ I'm sure as the French does not have a birthright within their laws, and also how this plays in the u.s. sorted details of things, today.
All just ignorant blather...

WHERE... as asserted... is family reunification as an enumerated Right granted by the US Constitution?

Old 09-26-2019, 09:54 AM

15,471 posts, read 25,922,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
If it wasn't for Donald Trump winning in 2016 Americans would never know how dirty Democrats are.
It sure as heck has been an eye-opener! I don't like Trump;, but he did us a favor by exposing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration