Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
These illegels could be stopped almost overnight if we were allowed to do what it takes to put a stop to it..
And what would you consider that to be? I have heard this sort of talk several times on the forum, even been talk of going against the goverment, a revolt. When I read that it
does remind me of Ruby Ridge and also Waco. The ATF does not reason really well on some accounts. The one thing you have going in your favor is you don't have Janet Reno anymore.

Blue is a much nicer color Red hurts my eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 04:20 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Blue is a much nicer color Red hurts my eyes
sorry, I was thinking of blood at the time and all I could see was red

Old 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM

46 posts, read 152,246 times
Yes, lets make the huge generalization that all illegal immigrants are gang banging murderers and lets not stop there, while we're at it: all people from the Southern US are trailer park hicks and marry their cousins, all African Americans were born in the ghetto and can't read, all Americans are stupid loud and obnoxious, etc.

It's a shame that such a bright young man was killed and I hope his family gets all of the justice and closure they deserve, but people stop use your brains and think.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doily View Post
Yes, lets make the huge generalization that all illegal immigrants are gang banging murderers and lets not stop there, while we're at it: all people from the Southern US are trailer park hicks and marry their cousins, all African Americans were born in the ghetto and can't read, all Americans are stupid loud and obnoxious, etc.

It's a shame that such a bright young man was killed and I hope his family gets all of the justice and closure they deserve, but people stop use your brains and think.
They are still illegal immigrants and are hurting our job market and small business. Not only that, but they DO bring crime.. why stand up for them if they are only hurting us?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
They are still illegal immigrants and are hurting our job market and small business. Not only that, but they DO bring crime.. why stand up for them if they are only hurting us?
Ditto.

I believe in 'taking care of our own' AKA Americans/green card holders------of any race/ethnicity.

Illegals do not count be they Nordic White or Black (and everything in between).

Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM

65 posts, read 168,292 times
This story continues to haunt and disgust me. :-(

Further, no not all illegals bring violent crime to an area that they populate, but let us not forget that they are all criminals by being here illegally. Why are there so many Americans that fail to realize that we should be PROTECTING Americans first?!?!?!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprincess View Post
This story continues to haunt and disgust me. :-(

Further, no not all illegals bring violent crime to an area that they populate, but let us not forget that they are all criminals by being here illegally. Why are there so many Americans that fail to realize that we should be PROTECTING Americans first?!?!?!
So they can disagree with the logical thing to look like they are "compassionate" when in all reality they are hurting more than they are helping.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doily View Post

I think you missed the whole point. This young man was killed by illegals -- and if the government was doing it's job, then they would not have been here to kill him.

Obviously not all illegals are murderers -- but why are immigration laws not being enforced and murderous thugs not being kept out? At least with legal immigrants, you can have background checks and some kind of standards that keep the criminals and insane from coming.

Should all borders be eliminated and our government just sit by and allow whatever kind of people to come here and kill Americans as they please?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Ditto.

I believe in 'taking care of our own' AKA Americans/green card holders------of any race/ethnicity.

Illegals do not count be they Nordic White or Black (and everything in between).
I have to wonder about these green card holders? How many Americans have been and will be victims of green card holders. Right now I can think of about 2000 victims in New York. And then their is the issue of their anchors and they tend to make allot of them.

Illegals and legal green card holders run together in gangs in places like LA and their is no difference between the two in what they do and how they act and the crime they are involved in. and the price tag is the same to put them in jail. Sure legal is better than illegal at least we know how many are here. When a green card is given to them I sure hope are Government checks them out real close But I doubt it. Yes, all people should be treated the some no matter the country they come from. But lets face the facts, Some countries are a much bigger problem than others.

I am not saying they are all bad, Illegal or green card holders. But one American victim is one too many and could not have happened it they were not here.

Last edited by junkman18; 04-08-2008 at 08:40 AM..

Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 AM

89 posts, read 66,885 times
Until the passing of the 1965 immigration act, America was 90% White. It's more of a myth that this country was racially diverse from the get-go, it wasn't.

The 1965 immigration act was passed by Jewish interest groups and basically it turned the U.S into a country that went from accepting immigrants from Europe to one that accepted immigrants from all over the world, drastically altering the racial demographics of the country.

Today, we allow legal immigrants to qualify for food stamps and a host of other benefits and entitlements (which they consume at a disproportional rate compared to the 'native' population).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration