Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:20 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So true! Furthermore, the majority of those waging an "ethnic cleansing" war have no legal right to even be in this country.
Those involved in gangs are predominately American irrespective of their ethnicity. They are not here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obatala09 View Post
Yes, I am sure you are correct. Many people marched for the civil rights movement in the 1960s. I will
name one famous Mexican American that marched: Joan Baez. Yes, she is Mexican American.
Education is such a wonderful thing. Jewish Americans also helped a lot.

As a man of color(Mex-American, a redundancy, btw), I appreciate what African American activists have accomplished for my civil rights. I am grateful. Most of my heroes in this arena are African American. I think they would all agree that education and respect for human life (all human life) is key to achieving peace.

Violence comes in every shape and color. If we wish to waste time thinking about every group that has wronged
us, I bet we would find that every group and class of human, has indeed trespassed against us all.

Let's work together, not against each other.

humanity is key in building peace in this nation and the world.
Excellent post! We do need to work together regardless of where we stand on some social issues.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,930 times
Anybody notice the number of views on this thread? It has only 13 posts yet there are 14,385 views. What's up with that?

/sorry for the thread jack. I just thought it was odd.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Those involved in gangs are predominately American irrespective of their ethnicity. They are not here illegally.
It doesn’t matter how many illegal aliens are gang members. The fact is, there are many, and they are wreaking havoc throughout this country. I know for a fact there are areas in DC and surrounding suburbs that were previously without gang activity. Now, gang activity is rampant in the “immigrant” Hispanic enclaves.

Quote:
Illegal alien gang violence proliferating in U.S.

Law enforcement officers from communities unaffected by gangs until the 1980s or early 1990s often find themselves scrambling to obtain training relevant to what are called hybrid youth gangs in the 21st century. These include gangs with large memberships of illegal aliens from Mexico (Mexican Mafia), El Salvador (MS-13), the Dominican Republic, and others.
Illegal alien gang violence proliferating in U.S.

Quote:
An alleged MS-13 gang member and illegal immigrant is accused of shooting up a Montgomery County bus in November, killing a 14-year-old honor student. The incident drew outrage from anti-illegal immigration groups and contributed, in part, to a new county policy that directs police to forward the names of people charged with violent crimes to federal immigration authorities.
Hispanic gang violence on the rise in Montgomery, police chief says | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Hispanic-gang-violence-on-the-rise-in-Montgomery-police-chief-says-41538967.html - broken link)

Quote:
Gang Follows Illegal Aliens

The violent MS-13 -- or Mara Salvatrucha -- street gang is following the migratory routes of illegal aliens across the country, FBI officials say, calling the Salvadoran gang the new American mafia.

MS-13, which has a significant presence in the Washington area, and other gangs are spreading into small towns and suburbs by following illegal aliens seeking work in places such as Providence, R.I., and the Carolinas, FBI task force director Robert Clifford said.
Gang Follows Illegal Aliens

Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
What a load of bull. This thread is opened up with a tremendous mis-information campaign written all over it. Take it from someone who looks hispanic, (but isn't) and hears it from unsuspecting douche bags. There is a huge anti-black mentality in the Latino community. Also remember, these are American blacks (suffered enough I think) who are being targeted for ethnic cleansing by people who aren't even in the country legally. WTF is that.

It seems like we are importing hate at all cost. Even if it's illegally. Hell, even if they are slightly Hitleresque, they are hard working, cheap and don't complain to those that matter (white, rich, or both) to much.

Don't believe the b.s.. It seems this truth is starting to come out, so the misinformation campaign has begun. Makes me sick to my stomach honestly...

Old 10-18-2009, 03:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
What a load of bull. This thread is opened up with a tremendous mis-information campaign written all over it. Take it from someone who looks hispanic, (but isn't) and hears it from unsuspecting douche bags. There is a huge anti-black mentality in the Latino community. Also remember, these are American blacks (suffered enough I think) who are being targeted for ethnic cleansing by people who aren't even in the country legally. WTF is that.

It seems like we are importing hate at all cost. Even if it's illegally. Hell, even if they are slightly Hitleresque, they are hard working, cheap and don't complain to those that matter (white, rich, or both) to much.

Don't believe the b.s.. It seems this truth is starting to come out, so the misinformation campaign has begun. Makes me sick to my stomach honestly...
Bravo! Tell it like it is!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
re OP, with no disrepect for your "research" but according to el latino, 15 years ago S. LA was 60% AA.
it is now 60% latino, per the article bek of mexican gang attacks and intimidation.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,408 times
Really? Once upon a time, Puerto Ricans had a hard time with AA and a lot of them are dark skinned and of African descent. Hmmm... A lot of AA cannot stand Jamaicans. I love Ethiopian people, but I have noticed that a lot of my AA acquaintances can't stand them. Wasn't there conflict between Koreans and AA?

It appears to me that hatred and ignorance does not discriminate. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and work on your anger. I am sorry that you have suffered so much discrimination. I have too.

Just a reminder, California is a Spanish name. Most of the West coast belonged to Mexico. Mexicans have been in North America since the very beginning! I don't care where you are from or what you look like. If this country is your home, then you are American.

We just need to learn more about each other's cultures and we need to get along. The Latino minority is the fastest growing minority in the U.S. Don't forget that a lot of us also helped put the first Black president in office.

With time we will have more political power.

I validate your anger and I too have witnessed racism coming from Latinos towards Blacks. I have also experienced terrible treatment/attacks from Blacks. I still love Black people. A lot of Black people have also been very kind to me. Have any Latinos been kind to you?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obatala09 View Post
Really? Once upon a time, Puerto Ricans had a hard time with AA and a lot of them are dark skinned and of African descent. Hmmm... A lot of AA cannot stand Jamaicans. I love Ethiopian people, but I have noticed that a lot of my AA acquaintances can't stand them. Wasn't there conflict between Koreans and AA?

It appears to me that hatred and ignorance does not discriminate. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and work on your anger. I am sorry that you have suffered so much discrimination. I have too.

Just a reminder, California is a Spanish name. Most of the West coast belonged to Mexico. Mexicans have been in North America since the very beginning! I don't care where you are from or what you look like. If this country is your home, then you are American.

We just need to learn more about each other's cultures and we need to get along. The Latino minority is the fastest growing minority in the U.S. Don't forget that a lot of us also helped put the first Black president in office.

With time we will have more political power.

I validate your anger and I too have witnessed racism coming from Latinos towards Blacks. I have also experienced terrible treatment/attacks from Blacks. I still love Black people. A lot of Black people have also been very kind to me. Have any Latinos been kind to you?

The highlighted portion above is what I find concerning. Notice the implied threat of 'we will have more political power' - is that supposed to make the rest of us white/black/asian American citizens and legal residents feel warm and fuzzy about the Latinos being the fastest growing minority group in the US....especially when the growth is not through birth rate but illegally entering the US?!

Pick a side! Are you an American and does your loyalty lie to your country and its citizens and legal residents regardless of color or race or sex? Or are you so wedded to an ethnic identity that your first and only loyalty lies to those that look/sound/act like yourself?

You sir and the rest of illegal apologists are just as racist and clannish as the Aryan Nation. And you should be ashamed.

Last edited by camping!; 11-07-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration