Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much does an immigrants inability to speak English irritate you?
It doesnt bother me. 112 32.94%
It bothers me somewhat. 54 15.88%
It really bothers me. 174 51.18%
No opinion, never heard anyone speak anything but English. 0 0%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
If I were you I would not praise indians that much, they come here, create
oportunities only for their fellow indians, put down americans more than any other race I know, take their money and invest it in India, export jobs to India more than anyone, they keep their culture and language in the US, then smile to "stupid americans" to keep their status, and I know what I am talking about, I've worked with hundreds of them.

We are so stupid in this country, being fixated on migrant workers, using them as scapegoats, these migrant workers support the economy from the ground-up, indians get to positions of some power and abuse it,I know this is true of other races but I think Indians over-do-it, I guess they'l keep laughing for a long time.
Indians are smart. You don't see them resisting the learning of English. They'll even brag that their country is now the biggest English speaking country in the world.

They have found the value of having a common language and that language being English while the USA has lost it's common sense. They'll likely surpass the USA soon --- and deserve to. Many of the jobs they are taking is from their ability and desire to learn English and I know of several businesses using India for transcription work, not because they're cheaper but because they can actually understand and correctly spell in English.

It's not their fault that they're becoming a major player while the USA is deliberately trying to join the third world.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Indians are smart. You don't see them resisting the learning of English. They'll even brag that their country is now the biggest English speaking country in the world.

They have found the value of having a common language and that language being English while the USA has lost it's common sense. They'll likely surpass the USA soon --- and deserve to. Many of the jobs they are taking is from their ability and desire to learn English and I know of several businesses using India for transcription work, not because they're cheaper but because they can actually understand and correctly spell in English.

It's not their fault that they're becoming a major player while the USA is deliberately trying to join the third world.
Oh yea Mexicans are dumb. We'll just take back the color T.V, birth control and the first Rocket Belt.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,419 times
It bothers me to the gillionth degree.

Why?

If you don't speak the language (ENGLISH) then HOW can you drive a car?

You are putting my life and the life of those that I care about in peril or danger.

Not speaking ENGLISH places all of us at risk of exposure to loss, harm, death, or injury. I don't want to go there......

Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM

334 posts, read 827,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post

Sorry about your "gillonth" problems, there may be some kind of drug you can take.

I view the "freeway" from my office window here, and see about a gillonth cars a day drive by, most driven by Mexicans, and quite successfully, I might add . . . .

Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:

Why?

You are putting my life and the life of those that I care about in peril or danger.

Not speaking ENGLISH places all of us at risk of exposure to loss, harm, death, or injury. I don't want to go there......
The car is a bad example,

I don't even think you need to speak English to drive a car.

Dashed lines
- - - - - - - -
Solid Lines

Verde Amarillo Y Rojo

Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
No Turn on Red.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No Turn on Red.
Stop, yield.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:

Why?

You can read it in Spanish.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:53 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No Turn on Red.
Pretty easy.

Speed Limit 35

Easy.

These people aren't that dumb, come on folks.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Pretty easy.

Speed Limit 35

Easy.

These people aren't that dumb, come on folks.

If it is that easy then why not just learn the language?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.