Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:59 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

Trump is proposing, out of petty vindictiveness, to dump detained illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities, counties and states.

Here's how California could respond: the Federal government ordered California to expand early release of prisoners due to jail overcrowding. California should bus those released prisoners to red states.

Two can play this game. Fair is fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump is proposing, out of petty vindictiveness, to dump detained illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities, counties and states.

Here's how California could respond: the Federal government ordered California to expand early release of prisoners due to jail overcrowding. California should bus those released prisoners to red states.

What's vindictive about sending them to where they would be welcomed instead of sending them where they will be met with hostility?

Old 04-14-2019, 10:19 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Why do you hate illegal immigrants? Why use such the derogatory term “dump”?

Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Not sure who you are addressing here but I don't hate illegal aliens I merely object to their presence in our country and rightly so. I don't want them sent to any of our cities actually they need to be deported as our laws state. Asylum seekers should have to wait outside our country until they are approved or denied.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:35 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:

Wont happen for the following internal reason: Guv Arnold, when faced with federally mandated overcrowding reduction arranged for voluntary prisoner transfer to other states that had excess capacity, and were also cheaper per prisoner. The prison guards union immediately filed suit to stop this and were successful, don't think this wont happen again. I know of a few red states that would be happy to take these prisoners off of CA's hands.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure who you are addressing here but I don't hate illegal aliens I merely object to their presence in our country and rightly so. I don't want them sent to any of our cities actually they need to be deported as our laws state. Asylum seekers should have to wait outside our country until they are approved or denied.
It was directed to OP, in particular his choice of the word dump as well as taking issue with placing illegal aliens in sanctuary cities. I should have been more clear.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:50 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I don't hate illegal immigrants. I support border security and I don't support unregulated border crossings. I support an immediate path to citizenship for DACA's.

If a city wishes to provide sanctuary to an illegal resident who is already there, that's their business. That is not a license for the federal government to inhumanely dump people off without regard to the city's resources or capabilities.

Dumping of any sort is immoral and wrong, whether you're talking about illegals, homeless or the mentally ill.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:27 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
I don't hate illegal immigrants. I support border security and I don't support unregulated border crossings. I support an immediate path to citizenship for DACA's.

If a city wishes to provide sanctuary to an illegal resident who is already there, that's their business. That is not a license for the federal government to inhumanely dump people off without regard to the city's resources or capabilities.

Dumping of any sort is immoral and wrong, whether you're talking about illegals, homeless or the mentally ill.

So you are okay with 'dumping' illegals aliens all over the rest of the country like what is going on right now?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
California shouldn't respond.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:

I do not support amnesty for the DACA's and especially not a path to citizenship. It sets a presidence that all you have to do is drag your kids over our border illegally and they are home free. They should not benefit from their parent's law breaking. They need to return to their homelands along with their parents and apply to come back legally just as legal immigrants do.

Since aiding and abetting illegal aliens is against the law that is exactly what these sanctuary cities are doing by protecting illegal aliens from ICE. I can't understand how it would be considered inhumane to send these illegal aliens to sanctuary cities but I oppose that because they should be deported instead. If they are asylum seekers they shouldn't be allowed into our country in the first place until it is determined that they have a valid claim.

Dump, place, send is all the same to me. It makes no sense to get in an uproar over a simple word when we all know that the action is all the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration