Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Mexico might not be poor, but many of their people are. This always amazes me, telling the Mexicans what they should do with their goverment,
It is appropriate for Mexicans to demand of their government to expand their economic resources.

It is not the US's obligation to house and feed those who come here (to the US) illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,925 times
Quote:
What makes me wrong and YOU right? I say you are dead wrong.
Let me get this straight.......you are saying that the Mexicans ARE starving?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Mon dieu..................
It is amazing, isn't it?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:57 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,753 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight.......you are saying that the Mexicans ARE starving?
I'm saying that they are hungry, there are many women, children and men living in the dump in Nogales, I have been there and have taken food and clothing there, and it goes on with other groups weekly.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,925 times
Quote:
I'm saying that they are hungry, there are many women, children and men living in the dump in Nogales, I have been there and have taken food and clothing there, and it goes on with other groups weekly.
That is the fault of the Mexican government, not the US. WE should not have to deal with the consequences of THEIR corruption and bad policy. We have citizens in the US who can barely keep food on the table. That never seems to concern those in favor of illegal immigration.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sassy - the mere fact that these people, regardless of nation of origin, came to the United States ILLEGALLY, indicates, in and of itself, sufficent evidence of their unwillingness to respect our laws.

There illegal status is sufficient reason alone to detain and deport them.

You are trying to justify their lawlessness.

There is no justification for their lawlessness.
Cubans come here illegally as well.. but then there is that law protecting them.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
That is the fault of the Mexican government, not the US. WE should not have to deal with the consequences of THEIR corruption and bad policy. We have citizens in the US who can barely keep food on the table. That never seems to concern those in favor of illegal immigration.
Of course it is the fault of the Mexican government, I don't deny that. You cannot say though that we do not have corruption in our own government.
We have plenty of poor in this country, I agree and it is a crime that it is even allowed to happen. We cannot change our system here anymore than they can there, or we would not have hungry children going to bed every night.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Cubans come here illegally as well.. but then there is that law protecting them.
That is true, and if they can hit the soil they can stay, and there are plenty of criminals coming from Cuba. The old wet foot, dry foot.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:08 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,884 times
I live in an agricultural city, and illegals ruin a lot of the stuff here. Some illegals went swimming in an artificial lake at the great new park our city built and one drowned. There were signs in English AND Spanish warning people not to swim in the lake. Now his illegal relatives are suing the city and blaming them for his death. The cops set up a checkpoint in town to gauge how many people drive without a license, the number was about 5 in 7. I can't tell you how many times I open up the paper and read about a DUI or a hit and run where the driver at fault was an illegal with no license and no insurance. I can't tell you how many Mexican flags I see flying when I drive through certain neighborhoods. I've spoken to second generation Mexicans who talk about how the gringos stole California and Texas from Mexico and that they're going to take them back someday. Plus, I can't stand the second generation Mexicans who all try to act like gangsters. They always threaten people when they get upset and say that their cousins will come and jack that person up. It just disgusts me to hear them talk and try to intimidate and threaten normal people who want to make something of themselves. It's just a pattern of disrespect and crime.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I live in an agricultural city, and illegals ruin a lot of the stuff here. Some illegals went swimming in an artificial lake at the great new park our city built and one drowned. There were signs in English AND Spanish warning people not to swim in the lake. Now his illegal relatives are suing the city and blaming them for his death. The cops set up a checkpoint in town to gauge how many people drive without a license, the number was about 5 in 7. I can't tell you how many times I open up the paper and read about a DUI or a hit and run where the driver at fault was an illegal with no license and no insurance. I can't tell you how many Mexican flags I see flying when I drive through certain neighborhoods. I've spoken to second generation Mexicans who talk about how the gringos stole California and Texas from Mexico and that they're going to take them back someday. Plus, I can't stand the second generation Mexicans who all try to act like gangsters. They always threaten people when they get upset and say that their cousins will come and jack that person up. It just disgusts me to hear them talk and try to intimidate and threaten normal people who want to make something of themselves. It's just a pattern of disrespect and crime.
You cannot blame an entire group of people on the actions of a few. The ones that cry the loudest against "illegals" are the ones that would not like them any better if they were legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration