Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Balita.com - Leading Filipino Newspaper in the USA | Filipino News | Philippine News | Pinoy (broken link)
How many of those have family members in our military? Particularly the Navy, and its supply department functions--ship and shore laundries, mess halls, warehouse facilities, barbershops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Stay on topic and do not bash cultures or your post will be deleted, infractions given, and thread may be closed.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slove1106 View Post
OK... I really don't think you guys should be giving Filipinos excuses all the while bashing Mexicans... Illegal is illegal, Filipino, Mexican, African, Chinese... whatever they may be. Whether or not they're "contributing" to society is in no way an issue here. It's still illegal. You can't condone ANY illegal immigration no matter their contribution to America... That just makes people sound racist towards Mexicans... I know lots of border states have issues with them but it's bias to lean towards being against Mexican illegal immigrants but say it's ok for Filipinos because they contribute more... That's going into character judgment rather than the actual lawful/less issue that needs to be addressed.

And BTW... I'm Filipina.
I agree. I don't think any group of foreign citizens should be breaking our laws. Any illegal found here should be kicked out and anyone employing illegals should be sent to prison and made to pay big fines, have their businesses shut down.

It doesn't matter where the illegals are from, all people of all backgrounds should be expected to respect our laws, if they wish to come here to become Americans -- fine -- but do it legally, understand the entire world cannot simply pack up and move here. The process has to be orderly and it also has to be fair to Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration