Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 09:57 PM

346 posts, read 445,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual_snacks View Post
If they were honest they turn themselves in as being illegal. Their parents came to an unknown country, didn't know the language, customs and laws, and thrived, they can do the same in their home country. They actually have the advantage of being educated in the best country in the world, they can go back and use those capitalistic ideas there, they bring value there, not here.
They think they are too good for the lower wages in the parents home country. Otherwise they would go back in a NY minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 10:07 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
If they were honest they turn themselves in as being illegal. Their parents came to an unknown country, didn't know the language, customs and laws, and thrived, they can do the same in their home country. They actually have the advantage of being educated in the best country in the world, they can go back and use those capitalistic ideas there, they bring value there, not here.
My response to that is why would we be so eager to get rid of a kid who we’ve educated in our school system when they can contribute and benefit our economy? That mindset makes no sense to me.

Old 08-06-2021, 05:44 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
That's my take on it to. When they turned 18 1/2 they were responsible for their own status in our country and should have turned themselves in. I get tired of hearing about how this is the only country they know when clearly they were taught the culture and language of their homelands by their parents and as you said their parents didn't know this country when they came here but they adjusted, didn't they? Besides, they wouldn't be returning to their own country all by themselves they'd be going back with their parents. I'm sure many of them still have other family members back in their homeland to.

Using the argument that we educated them in our country (against most Americans will anyway) so we should keep them is ludicrous. We don't need them to boost our economy we have plenty of our own citizens to do that. As you said, they should take that education and go back to their homeland and make it better so that more of their citizens won't continue to come here illegally.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:08 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My response to that is why would we be so eager to get rid of a kid who we’ve educated in our school system when they can contribute and benefit our economy? That mindset makes no sense to me.
I understand you, but at the same time imagine how they can contribute to benefit their own country.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I understand you, but at the same time imagine how they can contribute to benefit their own country.
Yep, their countries need them far more than we do. We don't have a shortage of educated Americans but many in those countries south of our border do. Let's help them out by sending their own educated citizens back to their homelands to boost their economies.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Absolutely. And it’s something they could do if they feel compelled to do so (and I’m sure some do). Again, I think the US benefits from keeping them here. A kid who came here as a 4 year old who went through our education system and who is now 18 probably doesn’t even remember their home country. The US is the only place they know and at that point you probably wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference between them and someone who was born here. I support a kid like this gaining citizenship and being allowed to contribute. There seems to be very little downside.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:36 AM

Most kids brought here illegally were brought here after the age of six so yes they do remember their countries. Why do they have to "remember" their countries anyway? They already know the culture and language of their countries and when returned with their parents the family will be unseparated unless one is suggesting that their parents get a pass on our immigration laws to and yes of course these pro-illegals are advocating for that aka a massive amnesty for most! We weren't born yesterday! Many people including their kids relocate all over the world is that some kind of trauma? I haven't heard of it!

I support illegal aliens and their kids returning to their homelands and if they want to come back follow the legal path like legal immigrants do and waiting their turn in line. However, if they committed felony ID or tax evasion no legal path of returning.

Repeating, these U.S. educated illegals are needed by their own countries to make them better. We have no shortage of educated Americans here and we don't need the competition for jobs and resources by millions of illegal aliens.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most kids brought here illegally were brought here after the age of six so yes they do remember their countries. Why do they have to "remember" their countries anyway? They already know the culture and language of their countries and when returned with their parents the family will be unseparated unless one is suggesting that their parents get a pass on our immigration laws to and yes of course these pro-illegals are advocating for that aka a massive amnesty for most! We weren't born yesterday! Many people including their kids relocate all over the world is that some kind of trauma? I haven't heard of it!

I support illegal aliens and their kids returning to their homelands and if they want to come back follow the legal path like legal immigrants do and waiting their turn in line. However, if they committed felony ID or tax evasion no legal path of returning.

Repeating, these U.S. educated illegals are needed by their own countries to make them better. We have no shortage of educated Americans here and we don't need the competition for jobs and resources by millions of illegal aliens.
This to me exemplifies what I believe to be the fundamental difference in our points of view. To me immigrants are good and provide value to this country while you believe the opposite to be true and use the legality argument to hide behind your anti-immigrant sentiment.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:12 AM

The topic of this forum is illegal immigration not legal immigration. I have no problem with legal immigrants in reasonable numbers. That does not make me anti-immigrant and I resent that lying implication just so that it makes those who support illegal immigration feel better about their anti-American position.

Illegal alien sympathizers always demonize those of us for the rule of law and make up lies about us. It's shameful! No moral compass whatsoever! I do have a problem with illegal aliens and rewarding them for not following the legal process that starts in their own country not on our soil. How does that make me the bad guy for wanting all potential immigrants to follow the legal process and if you we don't need you because of our annual quotas and you offer nothing of value to us that doesn't give you the right to come here illegally anyway or to make bogus asylum claims. I think every patriotic American agrees with my position. If you don't respect our immigration laws and the enforcement of them then you aren't a patriotic American. It's really that simple.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:13 AM

1,719 posts, read 732,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
This to me exemplifies what I believe to be the fundamental difference in our points of view. To me immigrants are good and provide value to this country while you believe the opposite to be true and use the legality argument to hide behind your anti-immigrant sentiment.
As I read him, OG clearly opposes illegal migration, not legal immigration. There is a difference. He doesn't appear to be hiding behind a legality standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration