Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 01:56 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,366,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Does that really surprise you?
Only that he seems to be loosening on his effort to conceal it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 02:08 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visual_snacks View Post
Absolutely agree, we really have to do both. Mandate employers to check and heavily punish them for hiring illegals. And also heavily enforce the border. Punish states for blocking cooperation between local and federal law enforcement, those sanctuary laws specifically block ICE from working with police, other agencies still can and do work with them, ridiculous. Forget the anecdotals being mentioned here by lvmnsh about "I knew a guy that had a company and there was only one illegal" it's made up and irrelevant.
It's the Democrats that won't sign an e-verify law unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it. It won't stop the employers from paying their illegal workers in cash though. At least under Trump he re-implemented the workplace raids discontinued under Obama and several employers were caught and held accountable. What we really need is completion of the wall to deter the border jumpers. As you said as for those already here we need to do what you stated above. Removing birthright citizenship and benefits for their kids would also go a long ways in deterring illegal entry.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,301 times
Does anyone posting here actually believe that a future Supreme Court will retroactively strip native born children of illegal immigrants of citizenship?

That’s the only way that the browning of America’s eligible voters will be slowed, unless you take the position that Hispanics are actually “white”.

That’s the crux of the issue. There aren't millions of illegal aliens voting. There are millions of the native born children of those illegals who have reached voting age, and roughly an additional 250,000 reach voting age every year.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:29 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except where you go wrong is that we don't need these uneducated, unskilled and poor people in our country. Why would we make it easier for them to come back if they entered illegally then?

Talk to the Democrats then that won't pass an e-verify bill unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it. E-verify won't stop the employers from paying them in cash either. That's why enforcement of our immigration laws, finishing the wall and removing all of the incentives for them to come here is the only solution to this problem.
I’m only thinking of how to spur some to make the right choice. If it is “possible” they might consider it. The fact that it is not possible means they won’t consider it. It’s true that some will get to come back while others won’t. It’s only an idea. Thanks for your feedback about it. I’’m sure others have better ideas or can even suggest better ways to do what I’m thinking. The point is that I want to see discussion of new ideas.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:00 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I’m only thinking of how to spur some to make the right choice. If it is “possible” they might consider it. The fact that it is not possible means they won’t consider it. It’s true that some will get to come back while others won’t. It’s only an idea. Thanks for your feedback about it. I’’m sure others have better ideas or can even suggest better ways to do what I’m thinking. The point is that I want to see discussion of new ideas.
Actually, your idea will just encourage more illegals to come here if they think they will be deported but can come right back in in a short period of them with no consequences.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:13 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, your idea will just encourage more illegals to come here if they think they will be deported but can come right back in in a short period of them with no consequences.
Possibly. I am sure that there are better ideas out there than mine.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
My dad’s tribe might have a thing to say about invaders… genocidal invaders. That wasn’t good.

You might want to look into how much the US benefits from immigrants (well, could have done without the genocide and slavery… that wasn’t good), they’re always feared and hated by certain folks, and every couple of decades or a generation goes by - and they have a new group to hate.

Look for info on credible sites about the benefits of immigrants (also known as how America came to be, bloody and cruel as it was all too often)… but everyone came from somewhere else, except the tens of millions at a minimum who were already here and had been here for a very long time.

Humans do bad things, they do good things. Ugh… Im tired.

Please explain how a person seeking asylum (I’m sure you’ve learned about why they might be doing so) - affects you, personally. I love getting to know and learning about people who come from different places. Not too keen on those who care to harm others, though. Most don’t, in my experience. America is having a bad streak of hate these days…

I don’t know. History can be enlightening. Sadly, a bunch of pasty old guys have been in charge, largely, over what goes into textbooks and therefore what children learn.

The un-learning of America is a strategy, because uninformed people are easier to dupe, frighten and use. And that they cheat - doesn’t matter to their supporters. Quite the opposite. Because thinking is detestable to some folks these days. They just look around for someone to hate/attack, just like the damn fire ants in my back yard that can be all over my ankles in seconds… man, they are so aggressive. Blindly aggressive- wow, do they hurt. They hurt without thinking. But I know how to eliminate them within seconds now without hurting my plants or my dog.

Lost my train of thought. It’s been a rough few days on this ball we all live on.

Oh well, I’m done now.
Stop with your holier-than-thou attitude. The people coming through our border could have any number of illnesses that can be a death sentence for Americans. You would change your tune if one of your loved ones ended up with HIV or was murdered because our gov't let these people in. Immigrants that came to this country generations back had morals, they didn't come here illegally or to be a financial drain on others. There is no comparison.

The Town where I was raised was overtaken by illegals. On any given day you would see over a hundred of them standing on the corner, waiting for someone to pick them up for cheap labor. They would do sexually suggestive things to the women when they drove by.

I went back after almost twenty years and the Town looks like a ghetto. I went to Kohls and everyone around me was speaking Spanish. Sorry, but this is America. Our gov't should not allow this Country to be overtaken by one nationality. The American people should not have to pay to live like this.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:54 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Only that he seems to be loosening on his effort to conceal it.
What's good for the goose, should be good for the gander. The domestic terrorist group, BLM has been put on a pedestal. They have not been held accountable for the riots, murders, animal tortures and killings, destruction and looting of businesses, etc., so why do you have a problem with someone showing support for their own race? Talk about discrimination. Looking at what has been going on and how the white race has been turned on by the Democratic party...you are going to see a lot more people supporting white supremacy.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:30 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,366,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
What's good for the goose, should be good for the gander. The domestic terrorist group, BLM has been put on a pedestal. They have not been held accountable for the riots, murders, animal tortures and killings, destruction and looting of businesses, etc., so why do you have a problem with someone showing support for their own race? Talk about discrimination. Looking at what has been going on and how the white race has been turned on by the Democratic party...you are going to see a lot more people supporting white supremacy.
At least in Minneapolis BLM wasn’t responsible for the looting and burning. Many people have been arrested and charged for crimes related to the George Floyd riots and this included anarchists, white supremacists and most came from out of state or outside of the Twin Cities.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:51 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,931 times
Quote:
I’ve posted many times this one example. Reducing the three and ten year bans and making it possible to go back home and apply. It’s not possible now. They won’t be approved for a visa because they have a history. Since it is not possible, they don’t even consider that. Passing E-verify is another example of doing something to help. There are many more idea.
Quote:
no, you raise a good point. Someone else's myopic take doesn't help.

here's a good article, especially to scroll down to the chart of deportations. And MPI is deemed left-leaning but credible.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...nished-mission

Simply put, based on 1996 law, we used to deport 200K+ every year through 2011. Then, because Obama caught such flak from illegal immigrant sympathizers, that number quickly dropped to 50K annually. One tool he used was diminishing the cooperation between local LEO's and ICE.

Quote:
In fact, the Trump administration deported only slightly more than one-third as many unauthorized immigrants from the interior during its first four fiscal years than did the Obama administration during the same timeframe. ..But the large number of deportations promised has remained elusive, mostly due to resistance from state and local officials who have advanced “sanctuary” policies that limit cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)...Given that most ICE arrests and removals originate with local jails and state prisons, the “sanctuary” policies adopted by California, New York City, and other jurisdictions with high numbers of unauthorized immigrants have served as a significant brake on ICE enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration