U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2008, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,008 posts, read 46,494,842 times
Reputation: 19433

Advertisements

SAN DIEGO, May 17 (UPI) -- The U.S. Border Patrol said it has become necessary to top a five-mile section of border fence with Mexico with triple-strand razor wire to battle smugglers.

Razor wire added to U.S. border fence - UPI.com

 
Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Reputation: 3785
People may call present enforcement efforts against illegal immigration 'hit or miss': that said; once enough 'projectiles' (laws and ever sterner application thereof) are fired--------there will be a mass exodus out of the USA.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,310 posts, read 25,758,636 times
Reputation: 10574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
People may call present enforcement efforts against illegal immigration 'hit or miss': that said; once enough 'projectiles' (laws and ever sterner application thereof) are fired--------there will be a mass exodus out of the USA.

Great point, ArizonaBear . . .

Any GET SERIOUS approach sending the proper message will reduce and/or eliminate this ridiculous and obnoxious invasion of arrogant common criminals.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,104,973 times
Reputation: 948
I employee several of those "common criminals" doing house and yard work. I find them delightful and warm individuals, whom I hope to see someday as full American citizens.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I employee several of those "common criminals" doing house and yard work. I find them delightful and warm individuals, whom I hope to see someday as full American citizens.
If you are making an honest attempt to sponsor your workers; that is one thing.

Now; if you are profiting off the fact that said workers are here illegally-------------you are nothing more than a common criminal------at best.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
 
3,698 posts, read 10,012,302 times
Reputation: 2593
At least the razor wire will mean that they'll arrive freshly shaved. If there's one thing I don't like it's scruffy illegal immigrants.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,178,165 times
Reputation: 9493
They should be shoring up the border fence like the USA is a Federal Penitentiary.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,104,973 times
Reputation: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you are making an honest attempt to sponsor your workers; that is one thing.

Now; if you are profiting off the fact that said workers are here illegally-------------you are nothing more than a common criminal------at best.
I'm probably guilty of some offense, but I pay the going rate they ask for and I got the woman who cleans for me to file income taxes. I found out the IRS could care less about what ICE wants. File your taxes and they will keep mum.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I'm probably guilty of some offense, but I pay the going rate they ask for and I got the woman who cleans for me to file income taxes. I found out the IRS could care less about what ICE wants. File your taxes and they will keep mum.
Well you are part of the problem... Let me guess no legals in your area own landscapeing businesses? You are helping to drive legals out of business therfore you are hurting your fellow citizens. Glad that you are okay with such behavior. I myself? No, I want no part of hurting my fellow americans.
 
Old 05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,104,973 times
Reputation: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well you are part of the problem... Let me guess no legals in your area own landscapeing businesses? You are helping to drive legals out of business therfore you are hurting your fellow citizens. Glad that you are okay with such behavior. I myself? No, I want no part of hurting my fellow americans.
I figure a hardworking person is worthy of my support. I'm reminded of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty --
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top