Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
True, but have we ever showed them any gratitude for their hard work? Almost all housing in SouthWest has had an illegal hand on it, all food, everything...todos. I guess we as American citizens don't have to show them gratitude because they are here illegally, it is like we allow them to exist here but don't go expecting us to say hello or hola to them when they are mowing lawns.

They are just people too, they also feel anger, resentment, and frustration.

I don't know I think we all could be a little more respectful, but nobody is obligated to be.
Remember it is also not nice to bite the hand that feeds you-----------said hand can quickly turn into a clenched fist and strike back via Employer Sanctions Laws, removing birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies as well as forced deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember it is also not nice to bite the hand that feeds you-----------said hand can quickly turn into a clenched fist and strike back via Employer Sanctions Laws, removing birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies as well as forced deportation.
True again, Mexicans tend to live emotionally and like a party, they need training.
Perhaps they should learn how to be good lap dogs like Americans are with Saudi Arabia?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
True, but have we ever showed them any gratitude for their hard work? Almost all housing in SouthWest has had an illegal hand on it, all food, everything...todos. I guess we as American citizens don't have to show them gratitude because they are here illegally, it is like we allow them to exist here but don't go expecting us to say hello or hola to them when they are mowing lawns.

They are just people too, they also feel anger, resentment, and frustration.

I don't know I think we all could be a little more respectful, but nobody is obligated to be.
Good sentiments, but isn't living here and being paid, in a sense, a sign of gratitude? As my Dad used to say regarding his employers "You don't have to 'kiss' me...you don't even have to THANK me....just PAY me"....(as you can see, Dad was never much into 'awards ceremonies')..whether 'Dad's' sentiments ar applicable, I coudn't say....

Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good sentiments, but isn't living here and being paid, in a sense, a sign of gratitude? As my Dad used to say regarding his employers "You don't have to 'kiss' me...you don't even have to THANK me....just PAY me"....(as you can see, Dad was never much into 'awards ceremonies')..whether 'Dad's' sentiments ar applicable, I coudn't say....
People ask why they bite the hand that feeds, I say respect is the reason.
Again nobody is obligated to respect other humans.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Coming into my country illegally to live here is a sign of disrespect unto itself.

I would be more willing to cut some slack for someone here illegally (deportation with no permanent 'black marks', legally speaking) if they are acting like a tourist simply exploring with no ill intent.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Respect is EARNED. Pardon me, if I don’t feel much appreciation for illegal aliens who spit in the face of America. What you fail to realize is that the illegals currently living in this country are not the same as prior illegal aliens. This group has been indoctrinated with a sense of entitlement, and flagrant disdain for the laws and citizenry of this country. They are not deserving of respect. They came here to “use” America; they have been paid (albeit cheaply). We owe them nothing!

You mention what illegal aliens “built.” Who do you think built the Capitol Building, White House, Monticello, and numerous other national treasures? I’ll tell you who -- SLAVES. At least illegal aliens were paid.

I apologize for even mentioning slavery, but I’m so sick of hearing about the mistreatment of illegal aliens, and their vast contributions to this nation.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Respect is EARNED. Pardon me, if I don’t feel much appreciation for illegal aliens who spit in the face of America. What you fail to realize is that the illegals currently living in this country are not the same as prior illegal aliens. This group has been indoctrinated with a sense of entitlement, and flagrant disdain for the laws and citizenry of this country. They are not deserving of respect. They came here to “use” America; they have been paid (albeit cheaply). We owe them nothing!

You mention what illegal aliens “built.” Who do you think built the Capitol Building, White House, Monticello, and numerous other national treasures? I’ll tell you who -- SLAVES. At least illegal aliens were paid.

I apologize for even mentioning slavery, but I’m so sick of hearing about the mistreatment of illegal aliens, and their vast contributions to this nation.

Excellent post!!

It is true-we owe them nothing. I have no resepct for these lawbreakers and never will. My concern and compassion is for the Americans who lose wages, jobs, schools, hospitals, etc. to these illegal lawbreakers.

I am glad you brought up slavery. It absolutely disgusts me- I literally feel ill-when these illegals compare themselves to slaves and the civil rights movement. The two could not be anymore different. Not to mention the disgusting misinterpretation of the 14th ammendment-meant to provide citizenship to slaves/children who were brought here against their will and helped to build this country as you stated. The 14th ammendment was never intended to provide citizenship for lawbreakers children who happen to be born here.

Nicolem

Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
I think that our biggest problem is not about Illegals being here as much as how they're being given the royal treatment, exempt from our laws and then they're demanding more and trying to turn everything around in their favor and our Government stands by as if their ciminal acts are good for this country.

For those who don't think Illegals affect the employment in our country, look at AZ, and OK., the unemployment rates in both states are dropping like a deflating balloon.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-23-2008 at 08:13 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

AMEN.........

Mach50...who's side are you on anywhy?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
I'd like to thank everyone who responded.........but I am a little dismayed that the proponants of illegal immigration didn't deign to respond. Well, with the exception of a little race baiting, that is.

I have read post after post that illegals hurt noone, and if they did it is because they are forced into it by the racist US, and besides we owe it to them as they were here first but we daren't assume illegals equel Mexicans because that would be racist and inflammatory. The arguments for illegal immigration is as fluid as water, never addressing a specific issue, harder then hell to pin down.

In this case, I think that pro illegal crowd was unable to answer the question because their position is grounded in emotion, most specifically either white liberal guilt or an affinity with the illegals based on shared nationality (but I don't dare say Mexican).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration