Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 11:09 AM

344 posts, read 444,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. This is not your own opinion. You're just repeating lies from Carlson, Hannity, Jones, or D'Souza.
username checks out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 11:48 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. This is not your own opinion. You're just repeating lies from Carlson, Hannity, Jones, or D'Souza.
I don't even watch them. I check out the facts for myself. However, you're just repeating the leftist lies of Biden, Harris and the rest of the Democrats.

Old 07-26-2022, 11:55 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't even watch them. I check out the facts for myself. However, you're just repeating the leftist lies of Biden, Harris and the rest of the Democrats.
What lies are you referring to? I think Biden wants a solution to the border problem. Trump had no clue. I'm a life long registered Republican but I think the Republican Party just wants to be an obstacle to any progress on virtually every topic.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:35 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
Quote:
Do you think these immigrants are going to be voting anytime soon?
These people aren't immigrants. They're illegal aliens and purported asylum seekers.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:38 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
Quote:
What lies are you referring to? I think Biden wants a solution to the border problem. Trump had no clue. I'm a life long registered Republican but I think the Republican Party just wants to be an obstacle to any progress on virtually every topic.
Can you be more specific, please?

Old 07-26-2022, 01:28 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Most of these so-called "migrants" aren't fleeing from "corrupt and genocidal conditions". They only want to come to the US for the freebies. If they truly were qualified for asylum, the UN deemed Mexico as a safe place for asylees. In fact, Mexico has offered asylum to them. They have no business "asylum shopping". Per the UN, they need to ask for asylum at the first safe country they entered. The US needs to enforce that rule and tell those who demand entry into the US that the answer is "no".

There are so many people in the USA that lack any compassion for other people except for themselves. Granted there are also good people. Not trying to completely diss. It's going to sound like it.

Would YOU really WALK thousands of miles with your children just to get freebies??? It's a journey of desperation not a weekend pleasure hike.The average human walking speed is 3.1 miles per hour. With children in tow it is significantly less. A some point they will have to stop to rest for a couple of days so that elongates their progress. It's a more gruelling thing than any US citizens could never imagine.

El Salvador is a 1663 miles from US Border.
Honduras is 1422 miles from the US Border.
Guatemala is 1509 miles from the US Border.

If the USA can't handle all these immigrants, make sure these desperate people know that they will be turned away and do it before they start their journey, not after. Stop advertising a barely live "American Dream". Tell them their children are in danger at school. Tell them the USA is a gun culture. Tell them about the racism. Tell them the police force could shoot them.

US Immigration agency claims it takes 180 days (6 months) to decide on asylum applications. I submit it takes significantly longer if you get a million applications all at once. If you follow any public information about claims it can take years to attain citizenship. During that time asylum visas can expire and complicated legal forms are required in order to stay and work. The department however claims an asylum visa never expires. If you read along further there is information that conflicts with that statement. https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/60-evidence-of-status-for-certain-categories/63-refugees-and-asylees

Old 07-26-2022, 01:34 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Can you be more specific, please?
gun control, infrastructure spending, health insurance, immigration, education

Old 07-26-2022, 01:53 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
There are so many people in the USA that lack any compassion for other people except for themselves. Granted there are also good people. Not trying to completely diss. It's going to sound like it.

Would YOU really WALK thousands of miles with your children just to get freebies??? It's a journey of desperation not a weekend pleasure hike.The average human walking speed is 3.1 miles per hour. With children in tow it is significantly less. A some point they will have to stop to rest for a couple of days so that elongates their progress. It's a more gruelling thing than any US citizens could never imagine.

If the USA can't handle all these immigrants, make sure these desperate people know that they will be turned away and do it before they start their journey, not after. Stop advertising a barely live "American Dream". Tell them their children are in danger at school. Tell them the USA is a gun culture. Tell them about the racism. Tell them the police force could shoot them.

US Immigration agency claims it takes 180 days (6 months) to decide on asylum applications. I submit it takes significantly longer if you get a million applications all at once. If you follow any public information about claims it can take years to attain citizenship. During that time asylum visas can expire and complicated legal forms are required in order to stay and work. The department however claims an asylum visa never expires. If you read along further there is information that conflicts with that statement. https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/60-evidence-of-status-for-certain-categories/63-refugees-and-asylees

How about we just drop them off at your border.

Old 07-26-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Biden and Harris have been lying about how serious the situation at our border is. If Biden truly wanted a solution to the border problem he would reinstate the "wait in Mexico" policy that Trump implemented instead of Obama's "catch and release. He would have continued to build the wall. Biden's policies encourage more illegal immigration including his promises of amnesty.

Trump had no clue? Huh?

Old 07-26-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post

Our compassion can only go so far. We cannot allow every destitute and poor person into our country. If we did that we would be lacking compassion for our own citizens or don't they matter to you?

Of course these people would walk for miles to get freebies is that a surprise to you? However, they are also coming here to take jobs and resources from Americans to for their own selfish gain.

Many of them are being brought here by human smugglers. They aren't walking for thousands of miles they are coming here concealed in trailers, etc. We are supposed to feel compasson for people who choose a grueling path to break the law?

Trump did make it known that these people will be turned around at our border but they came anyway hoping to sneak into our country. Biden is actually encouraging them by reinstating "catch and release", allowing them into our country and also promising amnesty. He refused to finish the wall to. If you want to complain about anyone it should be Biden.

Most of these asylum seekers are making bogus claims so that's on them and them alone. Are we suppsed to feel sorry for liars to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration