Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2022, 01:21 PM

22,545 posts, read 12,128,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Why not admit you're pro-illegal migration? At least be honest about your stance. Instead of pussyfooting around, say it straight out.
I ran out of rep so I couldn't send you one. I 100% agree with this^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 01:23 PM

22,545 posts, read 12,128,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I don't think it is as big a problem as some people make it out to be. I don't understand why Congress can't come up with a solution that makes sense. Trump's wall was a joke. It was all for show. I said earlier in this thread that enforcing the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification would solve much of the problem. Crack down on fake IDs and give large fines to employers who don't enforce the I-9 regulations.
Clearly, after reading your first sentence, you haven't seen your community and schools destroyed by illegal immigration.

Old 07-29-2022, 01:47 PM

14,302 posts, read 4,657,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Employers can require OSHA get a warrant before conducting an inspection. From the OSHA site:
"Normally, OSHA conducts inspections without advance notice. Employers have the right to require compliance officers to obtain an inspection warrant before entering the worksite"

Employers can require that ICE agents have a warrant except for I-9 audits, but that doesn't require presence on the premises of the employer.

My employer always requires a warrant before allowing any LEO onsite, unless there's a statutory requirement. We are instructed to refuse entry unless there is a warrant, and refer them to our security and legal departments.

Health inspectors do not always require warrants, as allowing the inspection is frequently required to maintain a business license for a restaurant. That depends on the locale.
Since when an administrative warrant from Area Director for OSHA = “judicial” warrant?

Feel free to entertain me

Old 07-29-2022, 01:54 PM

26,151 posts, read 22,334,403 times
Let's look at Garden City, KS with its illegal alien infestation:

This is the current conditions in there:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
"With a crime rate of 37 per one thousand residents, Garden City has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 27."

This is what created the problem in 2014, when dumb horse's behind Obama kept talking "amnesty":

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tion/20065585/

"Some say the newfound freedoms will let undocumented immigrants live more comfortably in Garden City, free of the daily worry of getting picked up by immigration agents and able to demand higher wages and get better education. Some worry that it'll cause an exodus as they seek better jobs in other parts of the country."

What happens to the schools:

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/k...chool-district

"For the 2022 school year, there are 17 public schools serving 7,172 students in Garden City School District. This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Kansas."

"Public Schools in Garden City School District have an average math proficiency score of 20% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 24% (versus the 37% statewide average)."

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
"Garden City, KS is home to a population of 40.7k people, from which 86.5% are citizens. As of 2019, 21.8% of Garden City, KS residents were born outside of the country (8.87k people)."

The most common origin was Mexico.

So, this is going to be the future for many areas. Again, in KS, the waiting list for people with developmental disabilities is 10+ years long due to a lack of Medicaid funding. Medicaid funding pays for the birth of anchor babies, and then pays to raise them, so does our supplementing the illegal alien families so employer's can pay a worker less actually save us money? If you think so, maybe you went to school in Garden City, KS, because your math sucks!

Last edited by Yac; 08-02-2022 at 10:09 PM..

Old 07-29-2022, 02:35 PM

63,343 posts, read 29,416,683 times
Quote:
WRM20,
All of your comments are spot on. The ignorance in this country is depressing.
No, he/she is completely wrong and the ignorance is with all their BS! All of his/her lame arguments have been debunked over and over. No one has a right to violate our borders illegally for any reason. 80% claiming asylum are bogus claims to. We cannot save the world. We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the world either. We have to think of our own citizens.

If we truly needed more immigrants then why hasn't our government increased visas for them? We don't need visas for burger flippers, leaf blowers, uneducated and poor working low waged jobs as they then become a burden to our society.

One person can't change their countries but a united massive group can. Another lame argument by that poster. Cowards just come here to suck off the taxpayer teet instead of fighting to make their own countries better. Their presence here is not making American lives better only the greedy employers who hire them.

Old 07-29-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Why not admit you're pro-illegal migration? At least be honest about your stance. Instead of pussyfooting around, say it straight out.
He and his fellow pro-illegal in here either hire illegals for profit or have ethnic ties to these illegals. It is self-serving and selfish and even racist on another level.

Old 07-29-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is as big a problem as some people make it out to be. I don't understand why Congress can't come up with a solution that makes sense. Trump's wall was a joke. It was all for show. I said earlier in this thread that enforcing the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification would solve much of the problem. Crack down on fake IDs and give large fines to employers who don't enforce the I-9 regulations.

You're the joke. There are numerous stats out there proving that millions of illegal aliens have had a detrimental impact on American citizens.

Are you the one that keeps repeating that same ole BS about the wall even though stats have been provided to you many times that where the wall has been erected it has cut back illegal entry by 90%?

Without a mandated e-verify bill of which the Democrats refuse to pass illegals use fake or stolen ID's and it's not that easy to detect. How do you prevent these illegals from being paid in cash of which there is no I-9 involved?

The solution is to secure the border and remove all of the incentives for them to come here or remain here. Better to stop them at the border so they can't get into our country in the first place and before you say they'll figure out a way sure some may but finishing the wall and cracking down on them at the border fewer will try and fewer will succeed in getting into our country.

If we need immigrants in the future they should come legally and with skills and an education that we need that won't be a fiscal burden to our society.

Old 07-29-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because we created all that havoc and corruption in those countries....that's why.
We intentionally destabilized many of those central and South American countries.
BS! You're just scapegoating to defend these invaders.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Really? You can look at a person, and tell they are criminals? Hmm.

I suggest extreme caution in making such blanket statements about persons of whom you have no actual knowledge. It doesn't present you in your best light. In fact, it could invite someone to make derogatory statements about you, and you wouldn't want that -- right?
Are you saying that there are no criminals coming in along with these illegals? That poster did not claim that they were all criminals. Reading comprehension is essential.

However, anyone who breaks laws are not desirable people.

Old 07-29-2022, 04:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 7,725,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Since when an administrative warrant from Area Director for OSHA = “judicial” warrant?

Feel free to entertain me
Why should I entertain you? You aren't paying me to entertain.

OSHA can get administrative or judicial warrants. There are statutes that define which one is required in a given situation, along with court rulings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration