Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:32 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,974 times

Advertisements

There would be no need for the illegal workforce in this country that supposedly do the jobs that Americans "refuse" to do.

If the unemployed in this country started mowing lawns, digging ditches, picking fruit and making beds we would have near perfect unemployment. The question is, would big city poverty pimps/politicians allow thier constituents to get off the welfare rolls.

We should put a shovel in the hand of welfare moms and dads and kick the low skilled illegal workers out of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 PM

192 posts, read 219,922 times
Some people consider certain jobs to be "beneath" them. I'm in college. I have champagne taste with a beer budget. No job is beneath me, I need the money. I can't tell you what kinds of jobs I have had to do just to make some money, but I did them because I needed the money and I have a sense of dignity and don't want to be sucking off the government's you know what.
I know it sounds trite because we've all heard it before, but when my family migrated here they had another word for these jobs no one is willing to do, they called them "opportunity". These jobs were an opportunity to put food on the table, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their heads.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
There would be no need for the illegal workforce in this country that supposedly do the jobs that Americans "refuse" to do.

If the unemployed in this country started mowing lawns, digging ditches, picking fruit and making beds we would have near perfect unemployment. The question is, would big city poverty pimps/politicians allow thier constituents to get off the welfare rolls.

We should put a shovel in the hand of welfare moms and dads and kick the low skilled illegal workers out of this country.
Harsh but honest assessment there..............

Old 09-12-2009, 05:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I'm thinking there probably are not enough "shovel" jobs for everyone

Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Its not that cut and dry.
There would be no need for illegals: If people were willing to do those manual laber jobs for the low ball wages like the illegals .
Or If we enforced our laws including employment laws then illegals would not be able to work here period.
The problem is that our leadership fears the race card. Enforcing our laws is not at all racist. But they fear that certain groups will call them racists if they actually do it.
Then you have the greedy employers who also happen to make huge campaign donations. We can't make them made now can we?
Then you have the hispanic lobby which cries racism if anyone dares mention the fact that the vast majorities are in fact illegals from SOB.
The law and those empowered to enforce it are neutralized.
Greedy employers feel free to hire illegals and disregard legal citizens.
This is the very real truth behind this thread.

Last edited by tinman01; 09-12-2009 at 05:58 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its not that cut and dry.
There wpould be no need for illegals: If people were willing to do those manual laber jobs for the low ball wages like the illegals .
Or If we enforced our laws including employment laws then illegals would not be able to work here period.
I hate it when people use the argument of "who would do it"...

I bet you there are situations where unemployed, welfare people go to Taco Bell and buy food served to them by an illegal alien.

Or they (the welfare crowd) rent a room at a motel to run a prostitution ring and the rooms are cleaned by illegal aliens.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 PM

192 posts, read 219,922 times
Flipping burgers at Burger King is a "shovel job", no one wants to do it, but if you want to put food on your table and clothes on your back then you get off your duff and do it.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I hate it when people use the argument of "who would do it"...

I bet you there are situations where unemployed, welfare people go to Taco Bell and buy food served to them by an illegal alien.

Or they (the welfare crowd) rent a room at a motel to run a prostitution ring and the rooms are cleaned by illegal aliens.
I hate when pro-illegals say that Americans won't do certain jobs.
No we won't do certain jobs for sub standard wages.
I don't know anyone who deliberately ops to go to any establishment simply because it hires illegals.
As for the prostitution ring statement. One might wonder how many of those prostitutes are illegals doing a job most americans (Won't) do. By most I do mean 99% or more.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I hate when pro-illegals say that Americans won't do certain jobs.
No we won't do certain jobs for sub standard wages.
I don't know anyone who deliberately ops to go to any establishment simply because it hires illegals.
As for the prostitution ring statement. One might wonder how many of those prostitutes are illegals doing a job most americans (Won't) do. By most I do mean 99% or more.

Those were bad analogies, and I see it only distracted from my OP.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Those were bad analogies, and I see it only distracted from my OP.
How so? I simply used what you said.
If inner city, welfare ridden blacks, union whites and other unemployed etc.
Then you talked about welfare recipients using hotels cleaned by illegals as brothels.
Then you mentioned welfare folks eating at Taco bell's that use illegal laber.
I countered. That I don't know anyone who picks an establishment based on them hireing illegals.
I continued that I wonder how many of those alleged prostitutes were illegals doing work legals wont do?
Your post answered and countered.
Illegals do not do work that most americans are not willing to do. They work cheaper than most americans are willing to work for. We americans are at a definite disadvantage. We have to pay taxes, we seldom share a 2 bedroom apartment with multiple families, and we who care about our families can't disappear over night. This is the real deal. Would I go dig a ditch for $5.00 an hour? Hell no. If I needed a job I would for a legal wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration