Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:23 PM

26 posts, read 38,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This has got to be a troll or a joke.
i'm not laughing, dead serious here buddy. believe it if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
i'm not laughing, dead serious here buddy. believe it if you like.

Your post sound like someone robbing me while at the same time trying to tell me how you did it and why you are doing it....and still doing it. if you had any pride in yourself or your abilities then you would become a citizen that simple. You don't want to be a citizen because you would not be able to exploit as you yourself used.

By the way every time you post your are admitting to another crime and you want some sorrow? What's your point of this thread other than to brag about how you are screwing us?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:30 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,882 times
I just don't understand how so many people come to this country, looking for a better life, but can't go through the system to become a legal citizen. You would recieve so much more respect if you were to actually take the classes, unlike too many of these people that "immigrate" here every single day.

A friend of mine immigrated to America from Columbia a few years ago, and since then has been attending the classes in order to recieve her citizenship, instead of just taking the easy way out. She is constantly tallking to us about how excited she is, and explaining to us what she had learned, because she knows, that every day, she is just that much closer to becoming an actual citizen of the United States of America. She and her son speak perfect English, just like yourself, and have worked very hard to become the people they are today.

So, my advice to you is that, if you love this country as much as you say you do, become a legal citizen. Sure, it will take some time, but in the long run, it will be well worth it.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Your post sound like someone robbing me while at the same time trying to tell me how you did it and why you are doing it....and still doing it. if you had any pride in yourself or your abilities then you would become a citizen that simple. You don't want to be a citizen because you would not be able to exploit as you yourself used.

By the way every time you post your are admitting to another crime and you want some sorrow? What's your point of this thread other than to brag about how you are screwing us?
ok, WOW, please, answer this question.
CAN YOU READ?
please, read the first post, and once you have done that, several times if you need to in order to understand, reply again, after editting your comment that made you look one notch below stupid.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I just don't understand how so many people come to this country, looking for a better life, but can't go through the system to become a legal citizen. You would recieve so much more respect if you were to actually take the classes, unlike too many of these people that "immigrate" here every single day.

A friend of mine immigrated to America from Columbia a few years ago, and since then has been attending the classes in order to recieve her citizenship, instead of just taking the easy way out. She is constantly tallking to us about how excited she is, and explaining to us what she had learned, because she knows, that every day, she is just that much closer to becoming an actual citizen of the United States of America. She and her son speak perfect English, just like yourself, and have worked very hard to become the people they are today.

So, my advice to you is that, if you love this country as much as you say you do, become a legal citizen. Sure, it will take some time, but in the long run, it will be well worth it.
trust me, it has nothing to do with the easy way out, you just dont understand how hard it is, it is actually MUCH harder. your friend is a very lucky person, as the process of legalizing yourself without being married to an american citizen, having an american citizen "adopt" you or have an american citizen take full responsability for all of your actions (all of which are not very simple processes, which are hard to come by, VERY time consuming and VERY long processing times, talkin 3-5 years)
as i said before, there is nothing else i want more then to be a legalized american citizen, but it isint just as simple as walking into the IRS offices and asking them for a green card and a SSN

Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
ok im only going to reply to this post because it is the only one that seems to know what he is talking about. halfway. the others by the looks of it didnt even bother to read my original post.

its good to see that you understand that the united states means immigrants, and that you dont just generalize all immigrants into evil terrorist, criminals, or exploiters.

and about the comment i made about "exploiting" the system, it had nothing to do with "taking advantage of anyones good will"
it was about using the few resources that are left out of surveillance for instance.
construction work is one of the few jobs out there at the moment that isint so tight on immigration laws, and its that way for a reason. because if it was, there would be a gigantic piece of the construction market missing, because a huge percentage of the houses built today , had at the last a part of it built by immigrants.

and no i do not go around the country freely, and no i dont have benefits or programs.
if i am out driving and i get into an accident, or for any reason a cop pulls me over, he will instantly see that my ssn is missing in his registers, or he will notice that i have an accent, or anything of the sort. and suppose his not your friendly cop, and he decides to take me in for investigation, and there i go, deported. it has happened to a few people that i know.
and to be honest to you, i have never heard of any type of program or benefit that illegal immigrants get, none at all, name a few so i can use them because really what you said was completely ridiculous, a government that wants to deports the illegal immigrants, giving them benefits for staying!
There are welfare programs that are available to and are used by illegal aliens. There are Food Stamps that are used and distributed to illegal aliens. But don't fret, its good that you are not using those services. It means you want to stand on your own feet and be successful. And sorry, but I believe your youth may have you misunderstanding our governments view on illegal aliens. They don't really care! Corporate America loves illegal immigrants, and since corporate America basically runs America, they have been getting what they want. If our government really wanted to crack down on illegals, believe me they could do it. The citizens of this country are up at arms right now about illegals, so news coverage is up and they throw an "Illegals caught and deported" story up every now and then so the angered citizenry think they are making progress. But it is a complete farce. And as far as the hazards of driving go, in this country it is considered a privilege to drive and so it is not a right provided to us in the Constitution. So even I run the risk of punishment should I be caught driving illegally. The only difference will be the punishment because I am a legal citizen and you are not.

Also:
Quote:
i dont see how anyone could have such a counter productive ideology, as to say that a unified world would be bad, how ridiculous, thats counter evolutionary.
A unified world would be great if there were not people on top who wanted to rule it all. But there are and a unified world would only result in world wide oppression of people and their cultures. If we could somehow be unified for the good of mankind and all want the same things for everyone, then unity could be achieved. But right now it definitely wouldn't work out that way! But I do think I understand where you are coming from.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
This has got to be a troll or a joke.
You may be correct.

If I were 'illegal'-------I would fly way under the radar.

ISP's can be traced, etc.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 PM

299 posts, read 547,040 times
Quote:
trust me, it has nothing to do with the easy way out, you just dont understand how hard it is, it is actually MUCH harder. your friend is a very lucky person, as the process of legalizing yourself without being married to an american citizen, having an american citizen "adopt" you or have an american citizen take full responsability for all of your actions (all of which are not very simple processes, which are hard to come by, VERY time consuming and VERY long processing times, talkin 3-5 years)
as i said before, there is nothing else i want more then to be a legalized american citizen, but it isint just as simple as walking into the IRS offices and asking them for a green card and a SSN
Would love to see it get and be harder for people to come to this country and to become citizens. If it was simple then people would not appreciate it as much as most do. Nothing easy is that worthwhile.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
ok, WOW, please, answer this question.
CAN YOU READ?
please, read the first post, and once you have done that, several times if you need to in order to understand, reply again, after editting your comment that made you look one notch below stupid.
I hope you do not think that all Americans feel like a few on this forum.
I'm sure many have not ever met and could not even tell if a person was"illegal". There are those that feel that certain groups are below them, or the groups are lesser than themselves. Are you aware of the black people of this country and how horrible they were treated, they were considered sub human, you will hear there is no racism in this country but sadly there still is, it is better but still there.

I did want to ask you though, what is your view of "The American Dream?
I see it posted on this forum many times, but I do not think most Americans are living the American dream.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Okay it's a joke....someone reaching through the internet looking for some human interaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration