Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Simple, if the corporations - out of greed - did not hire them, they would not be here.
No one is holding a gun to their head. They come here of their OWN FREE WILL. Illegal aliens are not blameless. Just because our governement is lax and we have greedy corporations does in NO WAY justify illegal aliens doing what they do-break the law.

Geez I would love to act irresponsibly and break the law and blame it on others who are also acting unethically and breaking the law. Isn''t that the mentality of a 5 year-old? "Mommy I did it because Johnny did it too-even though it is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Who is to blame here? It is the corporations, not the immigrants. When will people understand that?
Let’s see…..corporations are now requiring their employees to live in squalor. The corporations send representatives into illegal alien neighborhoods and mandate the destruction of those neighborhoods. Do they also offer bonuses or paid time-off for the most squalor? Do you not realize the utter absurdity of your comment?

My son’s bedroom gets junky on occasion. I guess I can blame his school.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
If the corporations didn't hire them they wouldn't be stealing your social security number -- ready to pay the IRS on what 'you' made?

I have seen more and more vehicles with Mexican license plates. I called ICE and asked how long they are able to stay and I was told 30 days. I called the police department because of a pickup with Nuevo Leon plates which had been parked on the street for several days (24 hours is the limit) - I told them what ICE said. They merely put a sticker warning on the pickup to be moved. It was moved a few feet and has now been on the street another few days.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If the corporations didn't hire them they wouldn't be stealing your social security number -- ready to pay the IRS on what 'you' made?

I have seen more and more vehicles with Mexican license plates. I called ICE and asked how long they are able to stay and I was told 30 days. I called the police department because of a pickup with Nuevo Leon plates which had been parked on the street for several days (24 hours is the limit) - I told them what ICE said. They merely put a sticker warning on the pickup to be moved. It was moved a few feet and has now been on the street another few days.
You are absolutely correct. Without the greedy unscrupulous employers, there would be no illegal alien employment. Without our pandering government, our borders would be secure. They are responsible for the millions of illegal aliens currently in our country. However, illegal aliens are also responsible for their decision to enter this country illegally, or overstay visas; and they are certainly responsible for their behavior while illegally residing in this country.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:19 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are absolutely correct. Without the greedy unscrupulous employers, there would be no illegal alien employment. Without our pandering government, our borders would be secure. They are responsible for the millions of illegal aliens currently in our country. However, illegal aliens are also responsible for their decision to enter this country illegally, or overstay visas; and they are certainly responsible for their behavior while illegally residing in this country.
Constantly ridiculing the illegals and spreading hate of latinos will fix that how?
I mean posting what someone has done to their own property is of no business to you people, why do you care if they live in squalor?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s see…..corporations are now requiring their employees to live in squalor. The corporations send representatives into illegal alien neighborhoods and mandate the destruction of those neighborhoods. Do they also offer bonuses or paid time-off for the most squalor? Do you not realize the utter absurdity of your comment?

My son’s bedroom gets junky on occasion. I guess I can blame his school.
Haven't you seen the memos?
Of course it is the fault of the corporations! Illegals can never be held responsible for anything they do. You know that.
By the way, how did you like the trailer with the goat carcass on the roof? That was a nice touch and all. Have you seen those new subdivisions where they proudly display the Homes of Tomorrow? The illegal alien trailer park will be the subdivision of the future.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Constantly ridiculing the illegals and spreading hate of latinos will fix that how?
I mean posting what someone has done to their own property is of no business to you people, why do you care if they live in squalor?
If what someone has done to their property is no one else's business, then why did you put up this link?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
And constantly ridiculing the illegals and spreading hate of latinos will fix that how?
Have you ever heard of 'property values' or 'quality of life'? Legal citizens who are unfortunate enough to have to live in these areas suffer losses in both of those categories.

Besides, American citizens who've yet to be impacted by it deserve to get a glimpse of what they're in for, don'tcha think?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Haven't you seen the memos?
Of course it is the fault of the corporations! Illegals can never be held responsible for anything they do. You know that.
By the way, how did you like the trailer with the goat carcass on the roof? That was a nice touch and all. Have you seen those new subdivisions where they proudly display the Homes of Tomorrow? The illegal alien trailer park will be the subdivision of the future.
Blame the illegals for what in this case? Turning a trailer park into squalor? Give me a break, this is just hating on those folks, I have seen plenty of Americans live like this except instead of a goat carcass it is a deer carcass. Go to West Virginia I guess there is a reason those property values are so low.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If what someone has done to their property is no one else's business, then why did you put up this link?
He didn't post it, i did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration