Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM

178 posts, read 416,999 times

Advertisements

JOIN http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org

JOIN THE WE THE PEOPLE BOYCOTT AGAINST ILLEGAL MIGRATION! WE MUST USE OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN A NON-VIOLENT WAY! THIS BOYCOTT WILL MAKE OUR POINT IN A SAFE WAY. PLEASE HELP WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!

Dear Patriot:

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 is the first We the People Boycott.

We ask that you join us in a monthly one-day boycott protesting illegal migration.

On the last day of each and every month, do not spend any money. Do not buy gas, do not eat out, do not go to the grocery store, and do not make any bank deposits unless absolutely necessary. Do not contribute to the economy in any way. Plan ahead, buy essentials, bring lunch to work, and do everything in your power to not spend money for one day a month.

The idea is to produce a noticeable dip in the overall economy one day a month by denying business and industry our collective spending power. This will not have a negative impact on the economy but that is not the purpose of the boycott. Our goal is to get noticed and make those who yield power start listening and responding to those who elected them into office - We The People!

Before the Last Day of the Month, Prepare!

Stock up on groceries and any other essential needs.
Gas up the car and get any required vehicle maintenance done.
Pick up your dry-cleaning and do your laundry.
Get any necessary prescriptions filled.
Do any banking or other financial transactions you need done.
On the Last Day of Every Month, Don't Spend!

Don't spend money in any business.
Don't buy, trade or sell stocks, bonds or commodities.
Don't deposit any money in your bank account.
If the boycott falls on a work day, drive only to and from work.
If the boycott falls on a day off, stay home with friends and family.
Use as little electricity and heating/cooking fuel as possible.
Don't go out to eat, go to the movies or to any other form of entertainment.

http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org

Old 01-30-2007, 01:43 PM

753 posts, read 760,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
JOIN http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org

JOIN THE WE THE PEOPLE BOYCOTT AGAINST ILLEGAL MIGRATION! WE MUST USE OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN A NON-VIOLENT WAY! THIS BOYCOTT WILL MAKE OUR POINT IN A SAFE WAY. PLEASE HELP WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!

Dear Patriot:

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 is the first We the People Boycott.

We ask that you join us in a monthly one-day boycott protesting illegal migration.

On the last day of each and every month, do not spend any money. Do not buy gas, do not eat out, do not go to the grocery store, and do not make any bank deposits unless absolutely necessary. Do not contribute to the economy in any way. Plan ahead, buy essentials, bring lunch to work, and do everything in your power to not spend money for one day a month.

The idea is to produce a noticeable dip in the overall economy one day a month by denying business and industry our collective spending power. This will not have a negative impact on the economy but that is not the purpose of the boycott. Our goal is to get noticed and make those who yield power start listening and responding to those who elected them into office - We The People!

Don't spend money in any business.
Don't buy, trade or sell stocks, bonds or commodities.
Don't deposit any money in your bank account.
If the boycott falls on a work day, drive only to and from work.
If the boycott falls on a day off, stay home with friends and family.
Use as little electricity and heating/cooking fuel as possible.
Don't go out to eat, go to the movies or to any other form of entertainment.

http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org
This won't do anything. A total boycott will punish legitimate businesses for no reason.

What you should do is name, shame and refuse to do business with those who trade in illegal labor. Go out of your way to patronize businesses that do above-board trade, and make a public show of it.

It's a nice sentiment, but it still won't work.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 PM

67 posts, read 293,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
This won't do anything. A total boycott will punish legitimate businesses for no reason.

What you should do is name, shame and refuse to do business with those who trade in illegal labor. Go out of your way to patronize businesses that do above-board trade, and make a public show of it.

It's a nice sentiment, but it still won't work.

ffhd is against evrerything unless she says it.
Hec yeah even if it dosent work at least it is a step in getting americans awake and organized>
berry pie i am forwarding the link to everyone i know.I got an idea also , start telling the illigals wher and when you see them ,they are not welcome and you stand up for yourself.Snub the pc poloce and anyone who says you cant profile is a liar Americans youu know you can and it is quickly becoming evident that we must ,They brought this mess to outr country now lets give it back!Wake up AMERICA .say it loud

Old 01-30-2007, 07:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,369,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
Hec yeah even if it dosent work at least it is a step in getting americans awake and organized>
Actually FFH is also stating some common sense. It’s an ill planned boycott. You can get that from the first statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post

Basically is says buy everything you need before the one day boycott. Who is that really hurting? Do you think it hurts a business if I say “Look, I’m buying all the stuff I need today because I wont spend anything tomorrow. But I’ll be back the next day.” Yeah, they are trembling because you paid for everything beforehand and wont be back for a day. Do a boycott with conviction. Say 30 days. Or permanent. A one day boycott is weak.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 01-30-2007 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM

355 posts, read 843,123 times
Oh, but you've destroyed their hopes! And in such an un-patriotic way!

I say, go for it. Do as your heart convicts, even if you come across as an economically-uneducated fool. The end justifies the means and it's the thought that counts most, right?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 PM

753 posts, read 760,122 times
Quote:
berry pie i am forwarding the link to everyone i know.I got an idea also , start telling the illigals wher and when you see them ,they are not welcome and you stand up for yourself.Snub the pc poloce and anyone who says you cant profile is a liar Americans youu know you can and it is quickly becoming evident that we must ,They brought this mess to outr country now lets give it back!Wake up AMERICA .say it loud
txlady lives in a world where not shopping will stop the illegals but going shopping will stop the terrorists.

But anything's possible when you can hit a golf ball with an AK47 at 400 yds.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,369,207 times
Quote:
They brought this mess to outr country now lets give it back!Wake up AMERICA .say it loud
How am I suppose to give it back if I cant go anywhere on my one day a month boycott? Wait, one day a month? Was I supposed to shop every day but really stick it to them on that last day of the month? Currently I dont shop everyday, but looks like I need to start shopping everyday, but then stop on the last day so they really feel it. Or was that continue on my current shopping pattern but if it falls on the last day just do the same as I was doing which was not shopping. So I may have already been boycotting but not realizing but contributing unknowingly. What about leap year?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 PM

30,400 posts, read 52,011,068 times
Quote:
I don't know FFHD well enough to say if that's true, but I happen to agree with her... this "boycott" will do nothing but hurt legitimate businesses. Do you really think the illegal immigrants would suffer, if you don't fill your tank with gas that day? Go specifically for those who have illegal employees, if you really want to do something - not that I'd support that either, but it's a free country.

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's a brilliant (and kind) idea... And how exactly do you plan to identify the illegal immigrants, in order to be mean to their faces? Or do you just want to shout things at any brown-skinned, Spanish-speaking person you see? And we wonder why other countries think Americans are rude! I'm sorry, but I believe in treating everyone like a human being, even if they happened to cross our border illegally... I don't know them or their motivations for doing so, and even if I did, that's no excuse to be cruel.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 PM

30,400 posts, read 52,011,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
txlady lives in a world where not shopping will stop the illegals but going shopping will stop the terrorists.

But anything's possible when you can hit a golf ball with an AK47 at 400 yds.
While we're at it, why don't we stop buying anything that isn't made in the USA... then we can whine about all the Chinese, Malaysian & Indian immigrants, who come here when their jobs are gone!! Yeah, we be real smart....

Old 01-31-2007, 02:34 PM

592 posts, read 2,811,750 times
Any attempt is better than none, but lets face it, our elected politicians aren't doing their jobs by enforcing American law that already exists. I am all in favor of doing something (and don't take me wrong berrypie, I'm not trashing your idea) but until politicians do their jobs they were elected to do, little will be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration