Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:16 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Ok ok. Yes nothing beats American BBQ . Jamacain isn't bad either but spicey .
I'm not talking about the American BBQ. There were actual Mexicans working at a Korean BBQ restaurant. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 01:19 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I'm not talking about the American BBQ. There were actual Mexicans working at a Korean BBQ restaurant. LOL!

Oh I see

Old 08-23-2008, 01:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Your friend is pulling your leg.
I was stationed in Korea Camp Casey few yrs back and there are heavy Asian's however it's rare now that I think of it .
A size 10/12 isn't considered heavy there .

Keep in mind as a whole Korean women are not to curvy and Korean men not exactly broad . Its a different built.

Seoul is very pretty unreal bus service and spotless. Magnificent furniture but not cheap .
When I went to Malaysia, I was by far the largest person there. Let's put it this way, I was mortified trying on a bikini bottom. Now, I've heard that in some areas of asia, don't know where specifically, maybe China, the obesity rate is rising. Why? Because of the influx of western fast food restaurants, KFC is apparently huge there. Now THAT is embarrassing, seeing our fatness spread to other countries.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
When I went to Malaysia, I was by far the largest person there. Let's put it this way, I was mortified trying on a bikini bottom. Now, I've heard that in some areas of asia, don't know where specifically, maybe China, the obesity rate is rising. Why? Because of the influx of western fast food restaurants, KFC is apparently huge there. Now THAT is embarrassing, seeing our fatness spread to other countries.

Lol but I am sure you will agree most women have more curves than Asian women.

It's a different built . I have never been to Malaysia heard it's interesting.

I don't have weight problem as work out and active but if I don't stop eating close to a gallon of REAL ice cream every 2 day's (I mix in MM's )and KFC when I want whole bucket with poured in gravy I will lol .

Heart attack might come first lol

Old 08-23-2008, 03:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Lol but I am sure you will agree most women have more curves than Asian women.

It's a different built . I have never been to Malaysia heard it's interesting.

I don't have weight problem as work out and active but if I don't stop eating close to a gallon of REAL ice cream every 2 day's (I mix in MM's )and KFC when I want whole bucket with poured in gravy I will lol .

Heart attack might come first lol
Some Asian men are kind of curvy however.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

The Japanese lady has the German lady beat as far as curviness.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Yes, there are a few fat Asians, but very few. What I was getting at is the Asians I meet here in the Pacific Northwest are more concerned with their appearance. Weight is just one aspect. I see less Asians who wear sloppy clothes, desperately need a haircut, look like drug addicts and seem to have given up on themselves.

I strongly believe in stereotypes as being true in most cases. While there is a share of Asians who are fat, sloppy, criminal and lazy, they are few and far between. Asians are the model immigrants. Every statistic about their demographics will tell you so.
In all fairness: it is much harder to cross the oceans (both legally and illegally) than simply 'jump our southern border' so that separates the wheat from the chaff immediately.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No one is holding a gun to the locals' heads to eat our style food.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:52 PM

382 posts, read 1,227,732 times
There is a direct relationship between population density and obesity. In countries (or cities) with a high pedestrian rate, they are thinner, regardless of diet. Cultures that still have a high level of physical labor are thinner also. If one looks back a hundred years, diets were probably worse than today. Meat, dairy, etc. were the norm. The difference was the amount of physical activity of the average person then versus now.

In the United States, the thinnest people are those in "active areas". These include Colorado and New Mexico, as well as parts of the Pacific Northwest where outdoor activity is an important part of life. Those living in NYC are overall less obese compared to those living in other large cities. The regional diets of the PNW and the SW are generally healthier than the midwest and south.

The fattest live in the South. This has been attributed to both the horrible climate (too hot to do anything) as well as the regional preference for frying everything.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Some Asian men are kind of curvy however.

Lol top pic is Hawaiin. I watch sumo wrestling lol he was one of the few non Japanese Sumo's .
He was a champ but his knee's became weak. Not sure why lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration