Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:01 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Ike proved it could be done! It's happening again and this time after about half self deport we need to have the fence in place with really nasty employee sanctions so they don't crawl, run, sneak, swim, dog paddle, scamper, slither, backstroke or even knees bent running about advancing behavior!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I think it means that we go through a step by step process of allowing people to apply and achieve citizenship in this country, of course. But, I want to point out again; it’s a little more complicated.

It goes against the platform of your party, by the way, because they are against the legalization of millions of undocumented immigrants.

My position is very clear, and that was part of our proposal, that I took up twice. By the way, Senator Obama tried to kill it, because he proposed an amendment that would have done away with any temporary worker program. So, there is a huge difference there. So, what we need to do is take the two million according to (Michael) Chertoff, that have broken laws in our country, and deport or imprison them. They are law breakers. Other people who have come here and have been here for a period of time and are law abiding citizens and are willing to go through a certain process, of course, there are not twelve million pairs of handcuffs in America.

So, we can together, republicans and democrats, work out this issue, provide a path to citizenship, on the principle that they do not take any priority over anyone who came to this country legally, or waited legally. And, of course they should pay a fine, because they acted illegally. But, our heritage, the heritage of this country, is people who have come to this country for a better life, and as I said at the Convention, these are God’s children and it will be done in a humane and compassionate fashion.

VDARE.com: Blog Articles » McCain on Univision: He Will Work for Amnesty Starting “The First Day”

Wow, let me get this straight: The non dementia challenged side of his brain seems fully aware that those here illegally are illegal alien criminals whose initial crime is breaking and entering.

The political side of his brain and mouth seems to think and espouse that those who have been here illegally for a period of time are now citizens by virtue of skirting the laws for a number of years.

Wow . . just wow.
I think olecapt is serving as a political consultant to both campaigns

Time to go buy some more survival books.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If Obama gets the nod: he will be on the horns of a dilemma; will he support the 'Hispanic' community (too many of whom seem to be in favor of amnesty for illegals) or our Black people?
If elected, he needs to focus on doing what's best for America and Americans of all races and ethnicities.

There are many blacks such as myself who have waited a lifetime to see a black candidate of Barack's level of intelligence and potential become a viable front runner for POTUS. It is also very disappointing for me on a personal level to not be able to vote for him as it will probably be the only opportunity I will have in my lifetime to witness a black POTUS.

Because I'm not sure that he will do what is best for America's sovereignty, for me, voting for him is not an option.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:17 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
BOTH camps have promised a lot to illegals on Hispanic media/mostly radio . Which is funny considering they don't vote.

Ofcourse it's done for the group that wants amnesty . The rest of us who do not want amnesty they don't seem to hear .

However it make's sense because most who favor amnesty listen to pro amnesty Hispanic media .

Old 09-17-2008, 04:32 PM

306 posts, read 1,161,995 times
I can not be behind anyone who wants to give a green light to illegal immigration. I understand why people want to come over, I can understand the need, but I can not understand why the only thing that McCain seems to think needed is a fine.

I had a ton of paperwork, background checks, and a fair chunk of change to get a visa to legally live with my husband in the UK. This was a fiance visa. Then I had to reapply for marriage visa. 2 years later I had to reapply for the Indefinate Leave to remain. Each visa had a hefty price tag attached.

Now, if I want my British husband to come and live in America with me and our son then we have another, and larger, mountain to climb. I first have to file a small book of paperwork. This includes affidavits of proof of marriage from people who know us along with bank statements and bills and many other documents. Once that is approved my husband has to fill out another book with information. He has to have a criminal background record and submit that. He has to go to a medical and get a very invasive physical checking from everything from TB to HIV along with checking is priviates (they do a pap type exam on women) All of these things are submitted with a hefty check for each. We also have to provide evidence that we have enough money to support ourselves. 5x the poverty level. Then he has to go for an interview.

So there is no way I can possibly find a way to understand how anyone can say that its okay for someone to sneak in, over stay a visa or anything else and then just get a fine. No background checks for someone who has already broken the law? No medical? No proving they can support themselves? So the law abiding take it in the arse (pardon the expression) and the criminal gets a fine. Sound right to you?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:37 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
I can not be behind anyone who wants to give a green light to illegal immigration. I understand why people want to come over, I can understand the need, but I can not understand why the only thing that McCain seems to think needed is a fine.

I had a ton of paperwork, background checks, and a fair chunk of change to get a visa to legally live with my husband in the UK. This was a fiance visa. Then I had to reapply for marriage visa. 2 years later I had to reapply for the Indefinate Leave to remain. Each visa had a hefty price tag attached.

Now, if I want my British husband to come and live in America with me and our son then we have another, and larger, mountain to climb. I first have to file a small book of paperwork. This includes affidavits of proof of marriage from people who know us along with bank statements and bills and many other documents. Once that is approved my husband has to fill out another book with information. He has to have a criminal background record and submit that. He has to go to a medical and get a very invasive physical checking from everything from TB to HIV along with checking is priviates (they do a pap type exam on women) All of these things are submitted with a hefty check for each. We also have to provide evidence that we have enough money to support ourselves. 5x the poverty level. Then he has to go for an interview.

So there is no way I can possibly find a way to understand how anyone can say that its okay for someone to sneak in, over stay a visa or anything else and then just get a fine. No background checks for someone who has already broken the law? No medical? No proving they can support themselves? So the law abiding take it in the arse (pardon the expression) and the criminal gets a fine. Sound right to you?
I feel your pain, butterflyuk......when my dh and myself adopted our son you would think we were trying to smuggle osama bin ladin into the country Ah well....guess the loudest special interest group gets the grease.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I am soooo depressed.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post

My heart goes out to you. It never ceases to amaze me that those of us who obey the laws are punished while those who ignore them are rewarded.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
BOTH camps have promised a lot to illegals on Hispanic media/mostly radio . Which is funny considering they don't vote.

Ofcourse it's done for the group that wants amnesty . The rest of us who do not want amnesty they don't seem to hear .

However it make's sense because most who favor amnesty listen to pro amnesty Hispanic media .
Make no mistake about it, both candidates know illegal alien advocates have found a way to register them to vote. Coming from Illinois a state where illegals and the dead are allowed to register and vote, I have no doubt that Obama is fully aware.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yes, W tried and failed but wasn't that with a republican majority in the house and senate? Now it is a democratic controlled, and as the saying goes -- its a whole new ballgame
No, the last time they tried to slide shamnesty by the American people was in May of 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration