Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:29 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times

Advertisements

Just found this on the drudge report.
"Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday."

Try getting a credit card without giving them your SSI # and see how far you get.
How are they going to collect when they run up a tab and leave?
This is going to be another cost passed onto everyone else when they default on their obligations and just change their name and address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Unreal - Then people wonder why their interest rates are so friggen expensive when you have a credit card. I'm sure some will say, well they're entitled to do this, You know being poor.

Just another thing that irritates me to no end!!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
CRAP!! (I have three accounts with them!) I got to cancel them...

Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Unreal - Then people wonder why their interest rates are so friggen expensive when you have a credit card. I'm sure some will say, well they're entitled to do this, You know being poor.

Just another thing that irritates me to no end!!
Interest rates on credit cards are "so friggin expensive" because of the actions of those in government allowing them to be this high. Give me a break- we're now gonna pin THAT on illegal aliens?!

I am almost thinking that you wrote that as a joke- please tell me that's so!

I need help from the 6 degrees of illegal aliens folks who are much more creative than I!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM

here - I see the funny in my post. I do blame BOA for allowing such a practice, and I put blame on our Gov't as well.

My problem is, when they get these credit cards and skip out without paying what they charged, it's passed on to the consumer. Yes, plenty americans do the same thing - They can be tracked tho. Unlike one who has no identity.

I don't know any American Citizen who can just get a cc without a SS number.

You can mock what I said, it really doesn't matter. It's the fact of these companies allowing such a thing and nothing is being done about it.

I actually have a checking account with BOA and at the end of this month, I will be closing it out.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/13/news/companies/bc.bofa.card.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007021306 (broken link)

yep seen that on cnn

also it says...In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

How is that possible ? A mortgage????

Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
here - I see the funny in my post. I do blame BOA for allowing such a practice, and I put blame on our Gov't as well.

My problem is, when they get these credit cards and skip out without paying what they charged, it's passed on to the consumer. Yes, plenty americans do the same thing - They can be tracked tho. Unlike one who has no identity.

I don't know any American Citizen who can just get a cc without a SS number.

You can mock what I said, it really doesn't matter. It's the fact of these companies allowing such a thing and nothing is being done about it.

I actually have a checking account with BOA and at the end of this month, I will be closing it out.

make sure you tell them why!! I have two accounts also and we will be closing them as well.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/13/news/companies/bc.bofa.card.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007021306 (broken link)

yep seen that on cnn

also it says...In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

How is that possible ? A mortgage????
yep and there are plenty of Americans that cannot get one!!! Kinda Sick!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
yep and there are plenty of Americans that cannot get one!!! Kinda Sick!!!
You are so right on this. We have a friend he works hard, owns a business and has always paid cash for his cars and tools and things he needs he is single age 55. Went in last year to apply for a mortgage loan they embarrassed him out of the bank. Just because he didn't have a credit card and no debts they told him he was high risk!! Income was good he just never used credit cards. What are they thinking!!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:44 PM

I think BOA is bogus anyway. We have really good credit. I've never been late on any of my bills, mortgage, credit cards, etc.. Awhile back I had a savings account with them, then closed it out because the interest on it sucked. I just have the checking now.

anyway, I've banked with them for years. I applied for a credit card about 6 months ago and I was denied. So, it just makes me wonder, since I have good credit why I was turned down.

I guess BOA is being very "selective" these days. ahem......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration