Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Are you suggesting that those of us who are against illegal immigration start a la raza type lobbyist organization?
Or perhaps we should just suck it up, learn spanish and watch our jobs/salaries go south.

Listen, if you want to be a defeatist be my guest. Personally, I will fight it by calling and writing letters. And maybe amnesty will get struck down again, maybe not. But at least I would have tried.

Oh, and as to the reason it has not been a part of debates is what can the messiah and mcamnesty really talk about?
"I love the latino vote"
"No, I love the latino vote"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy and export more jobs sob!"

And on and on it would go. Don't fool yourself that either obama or mccain have any sincere love or desire for the latino community to do well. They are both looking for an unquestioning voting block and indentured servitude for their business buddies.
Any you call us naive!
One huge thing that the MEChA types seem to overlook is their 'Raza' (Mestizos/Indians) would have far fewer rights if the USA adopted Hispanic cuture due to latter's White supremacy.

Be very careful what you 'Chicano Power' folks wish for-----------it may come back and bite you in the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One huge thing that the MEChA types seem to overlook is their 'Raza' (Mestizos/Indians) would have far fewer rights if the USA adopted Hispanic cuture due to its White supremacy.
no such white supremacy. supremacy in MX is based on the color of money. hispanic culture is not about white supremacy. such silly assertions.

all you guys really think you are experts on other cultures huh?

and mecha is a dinosaur.

get real buddy.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
another example of our leaders doing nothing about the situation.

when have these two candidates talked about the immigration issue?

NEVER!!!!

WHY has it never been an issue at a debate?

i think you guys are completely missing what im saying.

your lil forums do very little, especially when its just a bunch of juvenile back and forth, constant complaining, and very few solutions.

its good you guys post tho. it does show how ignorant some of you are.

ya you guys are really changing the world.

You’re assuming quite a bit. I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe you personally know the members of this forum. I know you don’t know me. Therefore, you would not have knowledge of our involvement in the anti-illegal immigration movement, or anything else.

Many of the members of this forum were instrumental in influencing votes on CIR and the DREAM Act, and are active in the political process in our respective communities. Be advised, this forum is NOT our only venue for opposition to illegal immigration.

It’s never wise to assume; in particular, when your assumption has zilch as its basis.

BTW, before you call others ignorant, you should first gain enough knowledge of illegal immigration to clearly understand “why” this issue has not been broached by our presidential candidates.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
see thats exactly what im telling you guys. for those of you who have a serious problem with this. do something about it!

but it goes beyond a mere letter writing campaign. why werent there any "plants" at the debates who would question the candidates about immigration? why havent we seen that on the campaign trail? this would have been a perfect time to bring this issue to the forefront. (tryin to blame the media is not a good answer)

we have healthcare as an issue. we have employment as an issue. the housing crisis. crime. and according to you guys immigration is tied to all of this. so why has this issue not become paramount?
There are two reasons for this.

The first is time. It took time for healthcare to be as big of an issue as it is now. Time and newscoverage. The many many news articles and human interest stories from the local newspaper to People to 20/20 to Dateline to the nightly news -- it had an accumulative effect in generating interest and outrage and eventually political clout.

Which brings me to the second reason --- racism. If a person is against illegal immigration, what is the first charge against them? Racist. Xenophobic. Nativist. Even facist. And those are powerful charges, charges that could ruin a persons reputation and even career. The fact that the charges are baseless really doesn't matter to the proillegal/no border supporters. It is enough to put it out there to shut their opponants up. It works. Doubt me? Find the old threads over in the election forum -- the few times immigration has been talked about over there turned into quite the 'you are a racist' rant. It is ridiculous. Yet there it is.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
see thats exactly what im telling you guys. for those of you who have a serious problem with this. do something about it!

but it goes beyond a mere letter writing campaign. why werent there any "plants" at the debates who would question the candidates about immigration? why havent we seen that on the campaign trail? this would have been a perfect time to bring this issue to the forefront. (tryin to blame the media is not a good answer)

we have healthcare as an issue. we have employment as an issue. the housing crisis. crime. and according to you guys immigration is tied to all of this. so why has this issue not become paramount?
Do you mean like this? Eyeblast.tv - No More 'Build The Fence' In McCain's House

You really don't understand, do you?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Quote:
no such white supremacy. supremacy in MX is based on the color of money. hispanic culture is not about white supremacy. such silly assertions.

and mecha is a dinosaur.

get real buddy.
You should really brush up on world politics before making such blanket assumptions.

My father in law, who absolutely WAS an expert in all things Meso-American often commented on the color barriers in Mexican society. Those with the highest visible European (Spanish) ancestry are not only the upper echelon of society, but they hold the majority of property and as well as the money. Mestizos are considered (at least by the European Mexicans) to be second class citizens. The darker the skin, the less European blood, the lower the rung on the social ladder.

On the other hand, MEChA is not the dinosaur you seem to believe it to be. Even here in small town Wyoming, the college chapter is active, alive, and well. As it is across the nation in a majority of two and four year campuses.

I have to say though, I really admire your willingness to blurt out whatever is on your mind, supportive evidence be damned!

Last edited by Kele; 10-16-2008 at 02:34 PM..

Old 10-16-2008, 03:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:

http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:
another example of our leaders doing nothing about the situation.

when have these two candidates talked about the immigration issue?

NEVER!!!!

WHY has it never been an issue at a debate?

i think you guys are completely missing what im saying.

your lil forums do very little, especially when its just a bunch of juvenile back and forth, constant complaining, and very few solutions.

its good you guys post tho. it does show how ignorant some of you are.

ya you guys are really changing the world.

http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/listening/3.gif (broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 05:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:

and mecha is a dinosaur.

get real buddy.
Go to Mexico and say that.

FYI: the Mexican telenovelas depict the White Mexicans as living the good life whereas the 'brown' folks are basically the peons------------never mind that most Mexican people are of the latter skin tone.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Go to Mexico and say that.

FYI: the Mexican telenovelas depict the White Mexicans as living the good life whereas the 'brown' folks are basically the peons------------never mind that most Mexican people are of the latter skin tone.

Which is exactly why said brown people from SOB have run across the border screaming all of their race based paranoia with them. Racism is transferrable don'cha know. After all if those whites in Mexico hates them and treats them like dirt under the bottom of their shoes, why wouldn't it automatically apply to white Americans?

LaRaza, aka the Race, Lulac, et al. Every single one of their race based groups patterned after the raced based clubs run by Jesse and Al. All of said race based groups have raped the American taxpayers for decades and virtually accomplished nothing on behalf the people they claim to represent. The individuals who have been allowed to perpetrate said frauds have, however, created generational wealth for themselves and their familes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration