Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I couldn't agree more....and I believe that 99% of the time, when illegals are apprehended, they DO get treated humanely and THEN some...if you can call being apprehended 'humane'. All BP agents carry water, etc.

Where these folks mostly suffer is BEFORE they're caught, often being brutalized or victimized by their own coyotes, or by gangs that wait to 'prey' upon them along the border, or simply by suffering in the 'elements' (heat, cold, etc). But this can't really be called 'mistreatment'...it's a case of someone being willing take a HUGE gamble for something they want, but can't legally 'get'. Sad and moving, for sure, but that's not 'mistreatment'. The REAL 'mistreatment' is the unfair society that originally caused these folks to want to leave home in the FIRST place.
Once again we agree, especially the society that caused these people to want to leave home in the first place.
Yes, I agree that MOST border patrol agents are compassionate, I have seen a few that were not, but it was usually the "newbies" and I guess they thought they had something to prove. I know that a lot of people accuse them of trashing the desert and some may, but some are made to leave their personal belongings if they cannot keep us, and I have never met a woman that would leave her purse with all of her family photos in it, if it were not against her will.
My hope is that something either with their goverment or whatever that will benefit all.
Sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
I thought you might like to see the evidence of a trashed desert. It's not an accusation, it's a fact.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM

65 posts, read 168,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I thought you might like to see the evidence of a trashed desert. It's not an accusation, it's a fact.

And what's even more disgusting is that some areas by border crossings actually consist of PRIVATE PROPERTY! I would be livid if I had a few hundred acres, left my house in the morning to do my daily survey only to find my property trashed.

I support The Minutemen 100%. It is our duty as American citizens to protect our country within our legal limits, especially if our government fails to do so.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 PM

And there are groups several in fact that go out in the desert and clean them up at least once a week. I'm not sure what the minutemen have to do with it, unless they clean up the desert.
The goverment has laws, so maybe they will decide to do something about it, but I would not hold my breath.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Reports From The Campo Border: Highway Clean up And Border Watch Training - March 15,2008 (http://www.campominutemen.com/reports/2008/03/highway-clean-up-and-border-watch.aspx - broken link)

*Since July 2006,The Campo Minutemen have removed 14,000 pounds of trash*

Old 03-17-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Reports From The Campo Border: Highway Clean up And Border Watch Training - March 15,2008 (http://www.campominutemen.com/reports/2008/03/highway-clean-up-and-border-watch.aspx - broken link)

Good Job!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:13 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:

(WARNING..The following post contains certain sarcastic references. Readers not accustomed to sarcasm are advised to use discretion in reading this post, or to disregard it altogether. This post is NOT designed to inflame or infuriate any reader, group of readers, or friend or relative of any reader).....

I suppose it's OK what they (the Minutemen) did.....but if they could just be a little less RACIST in the WAY they remove the trash, and quit making statements as to whom they THINK threw it there, it would be SO much better.....

If these Minutemen want to show how TRULY 'un-racist' they are, let them go to the back-country of Appalachia, and remove the old car bodies, refrigerators, and TV sets from some of the roadside gullies THERE.....this would show that their MAIN objective was 'cleaning up', not embarrassing illegals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration