Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times

Advertisements

Yeah,did anybody besides me watch the Manning CLip// I think this guy is a little over the top.

The president of the United states was sworn in on Tuesday, and HIs name is Obama. For the next four years we can debate wither he does a good job or not, This residency thing as to where he was born. Several judges have looked at that issue and moved on. Why cant you. I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Yeah,did anybody besides me watch the Manning CLip// I think this guy is a little over the top.

The president of the United states was sworn in on Tuesday, and HIs name is Obama. For the next four years we can debate wither he does a good job or not, This residency thing as to where he was born. Several judges have looked at that issue and moved on. Why cant you. I have.
Suffice to say: I am glad that Obama is now President----------if nothing else, it is a death blow against those individuals out there who keep screaming how the White man keeps everybody else down. There are no more excuses for the failures of so-called 'inner city' folks based on their skin color who happen to be US citizens.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: I am glad that Obama is now President----------if nothing else, it is a death blow against those individuals out there who keep screaming how the White man keeps everybody else down. There are no more excuses for the failures of so-called 'inner city' folks based on their skin color who happen to be US citizens.
Are you kidding me? Obama is one man. Check out the "Does Obama being elected mean the end of racism?" thread on the politics forum.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
touchy touchy...

the lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

(with a hint of conspiracy--- hiding something? )
Quote:
I am an American: born/raised----------my bio mother can trace her heritage back to at least 1820, can you?

As for ibarrio being 'more' American': I think not. Both of us are equal under the law since he was born here as well. blacknight04 is hiding something and I will leave it at that.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:39 AM

exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM

well not on skin color i suppose, but other socio-demographic factors do come into play. poverty being one of them. its possible, but having access to money and education make life alot easier.

Quote:

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Interesting video:

YouTube - Let Clarence Thomas Swear in Barack

I like this guy.
I like Reverend Manning too. This is the church Obama should have attended vs. Wright's.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well not on skin color i suppose, but other socio-demographic factors do come into play. poverty being one of them. its possible, but having access to money and education make life alot easier.
By far the biggest single indicator for future success of an individual is how he or she was raised----------not society. Especially now that the old Jim Crow laws have been dead for two generations here.

BTW: till 1948; there were places where Jewish people were not allowed to live---------never mind that they are usually White.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,272 times
Surely we can all see now that Pastor Manning has been right all along. Obama has only been in office a few months and has taken greater steps to distroy our nation than any enemy of the U.S. We black people elected him to office because he promised to help the poor but to this date it's all been to help the rich. He has had the gall to say we're not a nation of Christians. Since when? Perhaps since we voted a man into the white house who pushes for partial birth abortions. I've been on this earth a lot of years and this is the worst I've every seen it.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sister emily View Post
Surely we can all see now that Pastor Manning has been right all along. Obama has only been in office a few months and has taken greater steps to distroy our nation than any enemy of the U.S. We black people elected him to office because he promised to help the poor but to this date it's all been to help the rich. He has had the gall to say we're not a nation of Christians. Since when? Perhaps since we voted a man into the white house who pushes for partial birth abortions. I've been on this earth a lot of years and this is the worst I've every seen it.
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law." - Thomas Jefferson

You assertion that we are, or ever were, somehow a "nation of Christians" is absolutely, unequivocally wrong. This nation was founded by mostly Deists whose precise goal was to liberate us from the control of the Christian church and was intended as a nation in which all were free to pursue their relationship with God (or not) in whatever way they choose.

It was founded as a religious plurality. It is a religious plurality.

As for the larger issue, if anyone actually still thinks our president is here illegally, I implore you to study the ample evidence that you can easily find online of his birth certificate, the birth announcements, and even the audio recording a some hack minister trying to bamboozle Obama's step-Grandma into claiming she saw him born in Kenya (the recording clearly has her stating over and over that he was born in Hawai'i).

Let these lies die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration