Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
But........ weren't most of "our own" immigrants at one time? Who here is actually of Native American descent? Anyone who didn't just raise their hand should go back where they came from!

For the record, I think the Swiss would welcome us to prance around their hills - LOL. I actually had a friend who attended college in Switzerland, and said they were very welcoming and kind to her. She did come back to the US after her education, but briefly considering emigrating to Europe (and would have, if not for her now-husband being from Texas).
DNA testing has shot that down as well; there were successive waves of 'Native' American Indians over the years. Many 'indigenous' people are actually of more recent Asian heritage--------but still pre Euro.

As for 'returning' to Europe (or wherever); something tells me that the present inhabitants may take a very dim view of that idea.

And; such an ethnic cleansing plan would have to count all races/ethnicities since at least 1492 around the world 'returning' to their putative homelands.

That ain't happening. If nothing else; every person who is 'indigenous' to wherever had better be purebred (or at least 7/8ths) or they may have to be euthanized since they may not be accepted by their other ethnic brethren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
....For the record, I think the Swiss would welcome us to prance around their hills - LOL. I actually had a friend who attended college in Switzerland, and said they were very welcoming and kind to her. She did come back to the US after her education, but briefly considering emigrating to Europe (and would have, if not for her now-husband being from Texas).
As a Swiss American, I can tell you very definitely that the Swiss love tourists coming to drop some money, or young scholars coming to study in their country, or foreigners to stay temporarily for manual labor only. There has been a big backlash against poorly controlled immigration.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:50 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
As a Swiss American, I can tell you very definitely that the Swiss love tourists coming to drop some money, or young scholars coming to study in their country, or foreigners to stay temporarily for manual labor only. There has been a big backlash against poorly controlled immigration.
I am tempted to make "Sicherheit schaffen" my forum name. Americans weren't very warm to the fact of massive immigration when times where gangbusters. In our present situation, people better be prepared for the tsunami when they close schools instead of esl classes. When they close libraries because of what we must spend to incarcerate illegal criminals. When medicaid cuts benefits because of all the anchor babies. It's a comin' and about time....

Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
DNA testing has shot that down as well; there were successive waves of 'Native' American Indians over the years. Many 'indigenous' people are actually of more recent Asian heritage--------but still pre Euro.

As for 'returning' to Europe (or wherever); something tells me that the present inhabitants may take a very dim view of that idea.

And; such an ethnic cleansing plan would have to count all races/ethnicities since at least 1492 around the world 'returning' to their putative homelands.

That ain't happening. If nothing else; every person who is 'indigenous' to wherever had better be purebred (or at least 7/8ths) or they may have to be euthanized since they may not be accepted by their other ethnic brethren.
That was pretty much my point...

Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Helping out another country is one thing: note that said generic society also needs to take personal responsibility as well.

Israel vs. the Gaza Strip is a prime example. The former nation is a solid First world society in most regards whereas the Gaza Arabs need to really use birth control for starters.

Back to the USA: we are sinking into a (probable depression) and we need to take care of our own------------first.

That is the bottom line.
I agree with most of that... we should take care of ourselves FIRST, but not SOLELY.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
I agree with most of that... we should take care of ourselves FIRST, but not SOLELY.
On this, I agree 100%. I believe it would be unconscionable for us to ignore the suffering of others. However, I don’t believe the impoverished of the world should rely solely on the US. Lately, we have become the world’s dumping ground; not only for those seeking refuge or jobs, but also many violent criminals fleeing apprehension in their countries of origin. It is the latter that compounds this issue, and makes it ever more imperative for us to enforce our immigration laws.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Sadly, your graphic speaks volumes. It clearly illustrates the racial basis of the Swiss immigration issue.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:08 PM

24 posts, read 47,259 times
Government, laws, along with people's perceptions all play a role in how your future will play out. But you're allowing these to play too great a role in your professional future.

I know you will not be able to escape these, but I advice you to think more positively. Whether you're in America or in China, you will stumble upon some sort of obstacle when it comes to obtaining a job. Just remember that there is ALWAYS a solution to everything and that it always works out in the end.

Keep your head up, and plan so you know you did all you can to achieve what you want. If it is not in America, then bigger better things are waiting for you in your homeland.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
USA has also been a global economic leader, funny how that works huh?
Yes because it looks like now we're leading the world into a depression. We overdid it with the cheap labor and uncontrolled massive immigration. It was a big free-for-all and now we're facing the economic consequences.

It would really be better for countries like China and Mexico to build their own economies and not have the entire world have it's economy based on the American consumer.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, your graphic speaks volumes. It clearly illustrates the racial basis of the Swiss immigration issue.
That particular graphic also reminds me of the Mexican elite 'telling' Mx's poor Indians to leave that country as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration