Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Yes Jack, I do jump from forum to forum because I have plenty of knowledge and experiences that I would like to share with others. I like to spread my love. I'm not really mad at the world, but rather concern that our nation is being overrun by low class people, uneducated thugs and other unwanted citizens that never bother to look beyond their limited capabilities. I am not sure that I have used big words, maybe is just that some people do not have a grasp of the English language and some common words are more they can handle. I don’t see why talking about my sexual preference would beat down a person's ego, unless he is not secure about his (watch out, big word coming, get the dictionaries out) masculinity. Regarding my personal childhood, I was lucky enough that my parents had a strong loving relationship as I was growing up, and still do. I was also lucky that regardless of growing up under Communist rule, they always gave me all they could, and I was smart and considerate enough to understand that they had their limits, nothing to do with their love towards me. No, I don't have kids, but if I would, I am sure they would be proud of their gay father, as much as my parents are of their gay son. Do I feel superior to others, honestly, yes, I feel superior to those that don't have the necessary intellectual tools to get ahead in this world. I feel superior to individuals that look down at others because of the color of their skin, ethnicity or language their speak. Above all, I felt superior to the man that standing next to me on the train to work, opened his mouth to interrupt the conversation that two lovely Southern ladies were having about their sons and how happy one of them was because the kid was off to college after he learned Spanish and French in school, I felt superior to him when he said "well I just hate this people that come to this country and don't want to learn English", and then the Southern Belles looked at him with this expression in their face of disbelief, like how can someone be so rude as to interrupt their conversation and blast his alcohol breath across the train towards then. Never mind the nonsense he said. Bless his heart. Bless yours too.
I DO NOT LOOK DOWN ON NO ONE!I just have my own thaughts on things the same as you,and i could care less how educated you are it does not put nothing in my pocket,i am not ashamed that i am not very educated,i own and run a very good company with my little education along with the blessings of christ,all the education in the world is no good without common sence!without common sence you got nothing,i have several people with degrees that depend on me for there pay check,so i to feel very blessed in my own way!but everything is not about money,wich you would be surprised by what a person can with a 6th grade education!i guess this is a little off topic but don't hate me because i like ladies that is the way god made me!i have never saw a man that i would wan't and soory if you don't like that,i am not the judge that comes when you pass away,but i will end it now the nit picking and childish talk!just stop and think if you like it don't try to shove it down everyones throat and try to make everyone accept it,when you start a thread expect to be answerd honestly your not going to get what you wan't to hear,so i guess i am uneducated i agree,on other thing i guess i will agree to disagree]peace and god bless and good luck with what path you choose it is your choice not mine!sorry if it offends you that is just my true and honest feeling without suger coating nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously:
A. Don't live in a big City covered with Illegals or.
B. Don't have kids in the public school system.

If you did you would know how big of an issue it is. Here in CA the school lunch program just ran out of money and , oddly enough, just about the same amount the 3 million Illegal Alien offspring are using up in the free lunch and free after school programs.

I need no more evidence than the evidence I received of volunteering a year at various schools.
this is such a good post.
will give rep asap.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 PM

Default the bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
OK...........

For the record: I am not Gay but am no homophobe either............my nic notwithstanding (ArizonaBear). Straight but not narrow would describe my feelings.

The above stated: I was not even aware of a 'Gay' Forum here on City Data.
that was not toward you i had a gay person tell me they was a bearvand they told me to look it up i didn't know ther was a arizona bear,sorry it was a bad time to say that but it was not meant toward you but i can see how you thaught that,pure accident,wrong place at the wrong time,

Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
HAHAHAHA......Just reading part of that exchange was hilarious.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 PM

Default i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this is such a good post.
will give rep asap.
it is not free to us the taxpayer,illegals are at least i believe is one of the biggest reasons our country is in the pitts,i have a winter home in az,i see you live in california and most people does not know how bad it is unless they come to the west where most illegals are at az,and ca, has the most that is why most people don't understand how bad it is,

Old 02-26-2009, 01:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously:
A. Don't live in a big City covered with Illegals or.
B. Don't have kids in the public school system.

If you did you would know how big of an issue it is. Here in CA the school lunch program just ran out of money and , oddly enough, just about the same amount the 3 million Illegal Alien offspring are using up in the free lunch and free after school programs.

I need no more evidence than the evidence I received of volunteering a year at various schools.
And these children of illegal aliens, as you call them, will pay for your social security where you grow old.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 AM

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And these children of illegal aliens, as you call them, will pay for your social security where you grow old.
no

Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Can you be clear as to what you agree and what you dont agree with? Explain yourself.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Really? The majority of illegal aliens are either 3rd grade educated, totally illiterate and barely speak English. They tend to remain that way even when granted amnesty. Additionally, their teen pregnancy and gang rates of their offspring tend to be astronomical. Thus, the majority of their children in this country are following in their "parents'" footsteps. Guess what that means? The majority of the offspring of illegal aliens and their offspring at best will simply continue the cycle of poverty and co-dependency on the US taxpayer, which simply put makes their net worth a net zero to this country. Their entire lifetime will be spent either being unemployed or under-employed and paying little to no taxes.

Even if there is another amnesty, their legalization will simply mean that whatever taxes they pay will make them eligible for EIN every year at tax time. The meager wages that they earn does not encompass paying taxes and providing for themselves or their children. Their circumstances dictates that they will have a life long co-dependency of welfare, food stamps and social services to maintain their existence in this country. Guess who pays for those services? Taxpayers, the majority of whom are American.

That being said, can you take one more peek into your crystal ball and tell us how many of us and our children will survive being: maimed, killed by a drunk driver, the drug cartels, and gangs, raped, shot or bludgeoned to death? That way we can prepare for those events that are courtesy of illegal aliens as well.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Dropout rates are particularly problematic measures for Latino youth. One third of Hispanic adolescents are foreign-born. Their sending countries tend to have much lower rates of secondary school completion than the U.S. Dropout statistics are not transparent for mobile adolescent populations. This digest presents the most recent tabulations on the number of Latino high school dropouts and the pitfalls in interpreting the statistics. The outcomes of Hispanic youth in U.S. schools by generation are examined as well as the success of dropouts in ultimately finishing a high school education.

LEVEL AND TRENDS IN THE HISPANIC HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT RATE
The U.S. Department of Education publishes several high school dropout rate statistics based on household surveys (National Center for Education Statistics, 2001). The prominent measure is the "status dropout rate" or the fraction of youth that have not completed high school and are not enrolled in school at the interview date. Finely grained status dropout rates can be tallied from the Decennial Census since it is a household census rather than a survey. In 2000, about 530,000 Hispanic 16-to-19-year-olds were high school dropouts, yielding a dropout rate of 21.1 percent for all Hispanic 16-to-19-year-olds (U.S. Census Bureau, 2003). The Latino youth dropout rate was more than three times greater than the 2000 non-Hispanic "white alone" dropout rate of 6.9 percent. As a measure of the future schooling and social and economic prospects among teen populations, these aggregate status dropout rates clearly underline the disadvantages that Latino youth have, on average, upon entry to adulthood.http://www.ericdigests.org/2004-3/latino.html
Quote:
Hispanic Births Increasing Group's Population; Some Rural Communities Significantly Affected

Center for immigration studies statistics on hispanic teen pregnancy"

A rise in births among Hispanics, not immigration, is increasing the group's overall population, according to a study published in the June issue of Population and Development Review, USA Today reports.

For the study, researchers Kenneth Johnson, a demographer at the University of New Hampshire's Carsey Institute, and Daniel Lichter of Cornell University analyzed data from the National Center for Health Statistics. They found that from 2000 to 2007, theHispanic population increased by 10.2 million and that 58.6% of the increase -- or 6.8 million -- was because of births. During the same seven-year period, the total U.S. population increased by 20.2 million, with about 60% of that growth the result of births. About 6.8 million Hispanics were born and 812,000 Hispanics died during the study period, according to the data. "In all of the uproar over immigration, this is getting missed," Johnson, said, adding, "All the focus is on immigration. ...At some point, it's not. It's natural increase."

The natural increase - more births than deaths - is increasing among Hispanics in the US because Hispanics on average are younger than the general population and likely to have more children, according to USA Today. The median age for Hispanics is 27.4 years old, compared with 37.9 for the general U.S. population, 40.8 for whites, 35.4 for Asian-Americans and 31.1 for blacks.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/113629.php

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-26-2009 at 04:13 AM..

Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Default 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
guess i am a bigot then. I do not see a need for me, a legal citizen of the usa to provide any money or education at all, to anyone not a legal citizen of the usa.
i have to go with you all the way on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration