Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 AM

178 posts, read 416,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I guess the problem is that some of us don't know how to tell who is illegal and who is not. How do you know if they are illegal or legal? The government doesn't paint signs on them or tattoo them... How do you know if they are illegal or legal?
No one can tell an illegal by just looking at them.

Much of my husband's people were from Mexico. My husband looks Mexican. My husband is as American as apple pie, and totally enraged at all of the Mexicans who are citizens of this country, and are turning against their fellow American citizens, in favor of citizens from Mexico, just because they are "Mexican".

I am not responsible to "sort out" illegals from legals. My job is to let my government know the American citizens are fed up with what illegal aliens are doing to our country, and our very way of life.

Now. It is OUR governments job to respect the sovereignty of the United States of America. They are not doing their job. And that is why WE are about to raise all kinds of he// if the government continues to follow in the laxity of enforcing the immigration laws of OUR country!

Right now, people are being very, very, patient with our government. They are bending over backwards to give it a chance. But for how long, I do not know. I do know the pot is beginning to boil. I hear the quiet rumble, and I do not like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
ivo

1 posts, read 2,059 times
Default I need to add...

Good answer. And I need to add that:

Not ALL Hispanics are illegal either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBTA View Post
Just to clarify, because I see people throw around the term "Mexicans" whenever talking about any spanish-speaking person.

1. Not all Hispanics are from Mexico.
2. Not all illegals are from Mexico.
3. (while we're on the subject - I see this one misused less frequently) Not all aliens are illegal.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM

238 posts, read 179,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
No one can tell an illegal by just looking at them.

Much of my husband's people were from Mexico. My husband looks Mexican. My husband is as American as apple pie, and totally enraged at all of the Mexicans who are citizens of this country, and are turning against their fellow American citizens, in favor of citizens from Mexico, just because they are "Mexican".

I am not responsible to "sort out" illegals from legals. My job is to let my government know the American citizens are fed up with what illegal aliens are doing to our country, and our very way of life.

Now. It is OUR governments job to respect the sovereignty of the United States of America. They are not doing their job. And that is why WE are about to raise all kinds of he// if the government continues to follow in the laxity of enforcing the immigration laws of OUR country!

Right now, people are being very, very, patient with our government. They are bending over backwards to give it a chance. But for how long, I do not know. I do know the pot is beginning to boil. I hear the quiet rumble, and I do not like it.
I have to add that the Federal courts along the border (5 judicial districts) handled the majority of felony cases. While Congress has increased the number of border patrol officers, the pace of the law enforcement has eclipsed the resources for the court system.

In New Mexico the border patrol came up with an idea "Operation Streamline"
which made it clear that anyone caught in the U.S. illegally would be prosecuted.

'Do you realize that the second week into this we're going to run out of (jail) space?"' Martha Vazquez, chief judge for the District of New Mexico, recalled telling Border Patrol chief David Aguilar.

"We were obviously alarmed because where would we put our bank robbers? Our rapists? Those who violate probation?" she said.

Border Patrol eventually dropped the idea...

- I kind of lean towards "...that Government is best that Governs the Least..." but, presently having mixed feelings. There's got to be a creative solution that benefits everyone for the long term.

I don't think bashing of our government or the illegals is productive.

- count me in on wanting to contribute to a positive outcome.

Abrazos from TeXas.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM

10,183 posts, read 11,171,567 times
Illegals are everywhere. Remember it's just not Mexicans either. There is no way to run from them, as they're invading the Great USA!!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Let me ask you this, would it affect you more if the word white or Caucasian was inserted instead of Illegal Mexicans and Aliens?
You want to know how people plug in white or Caucasian? "I am looking for a school or community that offers diversity." You do not see me complaining about that question being asked?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM

26 posts, read 82,781 times
Wow. I am appalled, bewildered, and perplexed. I am a Mexican woman who is a productive member of society and it breaks my heart to know that there are still people who speak this way. Yes, some Mexicans are illegals but most come here to work and not to take away from America. The majority of welfare receipients are White. I pay taxes and people who take and dont give make me very upset. Running from illegals is not going to make your life better. Guess what? Someone moved your cheese and the Mexican population is growing and is here to stay whether you like it or not. You might as well deal with it and maybe even start taking Spanish lessons. Unless you are a border patrol agent, there is no way you can no who is here legally and who is not.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cri cri View Post
Wow. I am appalled, bewildered, and perplexed. I am a Mexican woman who is a productive member of society and it breaks my heart to know that there are still people who speak this way. Yes, some Mexicans are illegals but most come here to work and not to take away from America. The majority of welfare receipients are White. I pay taxes and people who take and dont give make me very upset. Running from illegals is not going to make your life better. Guess what? Someone moved your cheese and the Mexican population is growing and is here to stay whether you like it or not. You might as well deal with it and maybe even start taking Spanish lessons. Unless you are a border patrol agent, there is no way you can no who is here legally and who is not.
Spanish lessons, No they need english lessons. Illegals take away everytime they use our services and dont payback, or work under the table ordrive without licenses or insurance or have a child and dont pay the bill, or steal SS number to work, on and on.In my husbands line of work he has had to deal with plenty and yes there are some that love America but many more that dont.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you are feeling bad; you sound like a hard-working person. I live somewhat near you, and my wife's native ancestors have lived here since before recorded history. Others came under Spanish and Mexican rule, and some in recent decades came here, legally or not. But your post has a "combative" sound to it. If you are here now, working hard and paying taxes, then illegal immigration is not to your advantage. The matter of illegal immigration is a legal problem, and should not be a "racial" matter.
Of COURSE, racists will get involved. White racists would LOVE to shut the border. Hispanic racists deny there should even BE a border. But if you are now an American citizen, or soon hope to be, your interests should lie here. What point are you making in asserting that "most welfare recipients are white?"--what has THAT got to do with immigration? Unless, of course, you are trying to bring up some sort of racial angle--but I don't see the significance of that remark. It's like saying "it's all right if I stole my neighbor's lawnmower--after all, he beats his wife"...makes no sense to me.
You may love and care for your neighbors, but I doubt you give them free access to your home without your permission--your home is yours, and you have a right to admit who you want. You also have the right to expect your guests to respect your rules in the home. This does NOT make you a racist- it makes you a homeowner.
Of course tempers are going to flare in the present border situation. There has never before in HISTORY been a country, or any nation, which has voluntarily allowed others to enter upon its territory, welcomed them warmly, and allowed them to stay and take advantage of the place, with no conditions attached. Mexico doesn't do this, andneither does any other country. This has never happened until now--and it's not working. Whether you think the gringos are racist or not, the fact is that they are human beings, just like you. ANY human being is going to get alarmed if he percieves that his "space" is being intruded upon--- so would you, and so would anyone else. Some people are going to be "polite" about it, (at first), and others are NOT (the racists)--but you can't expect ANYONE, polite or not, to like the message you gave, of "you'll have to deal with it". It's rude, and it's guaranteed to cause hard feelings.
And yes, before you ask, I DO have a large number of Hispanics in my family, and NO ONE over the age of 16 is happy with illegal immigration. It is unfair, it is illegal, and sooner or later, it is going to HAVE to stop. I hope you understand this is not an attack on you--it is a simple statement of fact.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:04 AM
MAB

103 posts, read 589,671 times
Quote:
I feel almost the same way you do.
Im a Mexican born,US citizen.
Who was here illegaly for a little while when I first got here.
Im 33 years old now and I guess the question some of the racists here have is.
HAS HE CONTRIBUTED TO SOCIETY?
well,let me tell you.
I served in the armed forces when I was a young man,I pay my taxes and own real estate in CA and AZ.
I dont deal drugs,dont beat my wife,dont rape women and dont collect welfare.
Yo soy bilingue y muy orgulloso de ser Mexicano.
Mi hija tambien estara orgullosa de ser de sangre hispana,apesar que nacio aqui en los Estados Unidos.

Whoever doesnt like my spanish can kiss my you know what.Because Im an American citizen and enjoy my rights,like freedom of speech.
I can talk in spanish whenever I want to,and theres nothing any of you can do about it.
Call me an illegal all you want because I speak spanish.
Just let me tell you,that uncle Sam once called me part of the FEW and the PROUD.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:42 AM

549 posts, read 625,999 times
This anti-Mexican shrill hysteria and fear of anything foreign is nothing new in American history.

First it was the Germans in the 18th century, followed by the Irish and Italians in the 19th, the Chinese, the Germans/Irish/Italians again in the 20th century, and now Hispanics. In EVERY SINGLE one of these instances, people here said the same thing about these groups: "THE IRISH WILL NEVER ASSIMILATE!", "GERMANS WILL NEVER BECOME TRUE AMERICANS!", "MY ANCESTORS FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY...CAN YOU SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT ALL THESE ITALIANS?"

Had this message board been around a hundred years ago, the title of these threads would be "Once again, Irish take away our jobs", "Italians in California?!?!?!" "Are German immigrants a threat to our national security/sovereingty"? "Why Don't all these Chinese Learn English?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration