Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times

Advertisements

BBC NEWS | UK | England | The worst 'good luck' card ever?

Quote:
"We will not tolerate people coming here to work illegally," said a UK Border Agency spokesman.

"People wanting to visit the UK must play by the rules. Those who do not are sent back."
Good for the Brits.

Anyone who attempts to do that here in the States would likely be welcomed with open arms and defended by pro-illegal politicians and ethnocentric "civil liberty" groups trying to stop "xenophobia" and "racism".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
BBC NEWS | UK | England | The worst 'good luck' card ever?

Good for the Brits.

Anyone who attempts to do that here in the States would likely be welcomed with open arms and defended by pro-illegal politicians and ethnocentric "civil liberty" groups trying to stop "xenophobia" and "racism".
Actually UK's problem with illegal immigrants makes America's seem tame in comparison, they caught one, but how many are left behind.

90% of illegals stay in UK | The Sun |News

150,000 Illegals from Brazil, UK Decides to Impose Visas for Brazilians (http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/9766/1/ - broken link)

Illegals in the UK still have their security jobs

Is there illegal people in uk where are they from?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Actually UK's problem with illegal immigrants makes America's seem tame in comparison, they caught one, but how many are left behind.

90% of illegals stay in UK | The Sun |News

150,000 Illegals from Brazil, UK Decides to Impose Visas for Brazilians (http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/9766/1/ - broken link)

Illegals in the UK still have their security jobs

Is there illegal people in uk where are they from?
Britain's system is FAR different from ours. You can't even BEGIN to compare them. The most striking difference is that as a former empire and colonial power, Britain has different rules for the people in the countries once ruled by the empire. They can come, are assisted, and given representation, housing, and time to prove their case.

Heh, the Brits should have sent the Mexican to Spain with a Paddington-esque note attached saying "Please look after this immigrant. He was once yours."

Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Britain's system is FAR different from ours. You can't even BEGIN to compare them. The most striking difference is that as a former empire and colonial power, Britain has different rules for the people in the countries once ruled by the empire. They can come, are assisted, and given representation, housing, and time to prove their case.

Heh, the Brits should have sent the Mexican to Spain with a Paddington-esque note attached saying "Please look after this immigrant. He was once yours."
I like the basic 'common sense' of this..."We'll take care of OUR colonials....and you take care of yours"....

Old 03-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:

With the exception of India, most immigrants in the UK don't come from former colonies, 50% of the jobs available in London are taken by illegal immigrants, how serious is that? Of course you won't find that info in the net, but ask a british citizen.

Rise in illegal immigrants entering Britain

More than 3,300 were picked up in just an eight month period in 2008, compared with only 1,400 in an entire 12-month period in 2006/07.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
With the exception of India, most immigrants in the UK don't come from former colonies, 50% of the jobs available in London are taken by illegal immigrants, how serious is that? Of course you won't find that info in the net, but ask a british citizen.

Rise in illegal immigrants entering Britain

More than 3,300 were picked up in just an eight month period in 2008, compared with only 1,400 in an entire 12-month period in 2006/07.
I would love to see real documentation of your 50 percent assertion. I have spent a lot of time in England and know quite a bit about their system. A good friend works for HM Customs. Yes, many legal immigrants come from India and Pakistan but they also come from Africa and Eastern Europe.

The biggest influx currently is from Eastern Europe. They are coming in for the low-skill service jobs and there is a crackdown going on. However, the entire EU is grappling with this. There are much more complicated hiring criteria there.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I would love to see real documentation of your 50 percent assertion. I have spent a lot of time in England and know quite a bit about their system. A good friend works for HM Customs. Yes, many legal immigrants come from India and Pakistan but they also come from Africa and Eastern Europe.

The biggest influx currently is from Eastern Europe. They are coming in for the low-skill service jobs and there is a crackdown going on. However, the entire EU is grappling with this. There are much more complicated hiring criteria there.
In a nutshell, the entire world is facing a migratory crisis, are you interested in discussing what caused this crisis and how could it be solved? it'll be a breath of fresh air instead of the never ending discussion about US/Mexico immigration issues.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
In a nutshell, the entire world is facing a migratory crisis, are you interested in discussing what caused this crisis and how could it be solved? it'll be a breath of fresh air instead of the never ending discussion about US/Mexico immigration issues.
Sure, I'm game. But I don't see it as one crisis but as a fallout from very different political, religious and social causes.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
If it isn't drilling us in our pockets most aren't interested. Count me as one of those. If I had some spare cash to send to the Red Cross or what not then I probably would care. Right now I'm pretty much consumed with the millions of American citizens trying to put food into their pantries (if they have one).

Sorry to sound harsh but 3rd World Countries whose populations breed like rabbits on X don't spark my interest right now.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If it isn't drilling us in our pockets most aren't interested. Count me as one of those. If I had some spare cash to send to the Red Cross or what not then I probably would care. Right now I'm pretty much consumed with the millions of American citizens trying to put food into their pantries (if they have one).

Sorry to sound harsh but 3rd World Countries whose populations breed like rabbits on X don't spark my interest right now.
It is ok, I understand your problem and frustration, the idea is to join the debate if you are interested only, regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration