Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Again it seems that sympathy comes ahead of our laws. .
Ducter,

What would you do if you made 3 dollars a day in Mexico, would you cross the border illegally to provide adequate support for yourself and your family, or would you still uphold the law from such a staunch legalistic view point, no bend no break manner?

Don't think too hard.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I would be grateful iI made that and then get another job as well. I have held three jobs at once. Sometimes it is necessary. Putting your problems on others backs is never OK.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I would be grateful iI made that and then get another job as well. I have held three jobs at once. Sometimes it is necessary. Putting your problems on others backs is never OK.
Unfortunately that wasn't the question I asked. BTW do the math, three jobs on 3 dollars a day is 9 dollars a day in Mexico.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Unfortunately that wasn't the question I asked. BTW do the math, three jobs on 3 dollars a day is 9 dollars a day in Mexico.
Again not my issue. I feel bad for them ( well most) I do, their government sucks, but putting the burden on us and then demanding us to do more and disrespecting us and our country, isnt right no matter how anyone tries to spin it. Now if they asked for help and tried harder to assimulate and pay their dues and become citizens, it would be a different story.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:01 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
Ducter,

What would you do if you made 3 dollars a day in Mexico, would you cross the border illegally to provide adequate support for yourself and your family, or would you still uphold the law from such a staunch legalistic view point, no bend no break manner?

Don't think too hard.
I might cross the border, but I sure as hell would not become a burden on their society. I would learn their language. I wouldn't burn their flag. I wouldn't change them to be more like me, especially considering the fact that where I came from sucked ass, and that's why I left in the first place.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post

1I might cross the border, but I sure as hell would not become a burden on their society. I would learn their language.

2.I wouldn't burn their flag. I wouldn't change them to be more like me, especially considering the fact that where I came from sucked ass, and that's why I left in the first place.
1. At least your honest, a burden to society though, remember an individual crossing illegally is an individual decision, not corporate, they are not looking to cause multiple felonies in the United States, sorry to those who wish that was the case. They have 30 million already here, are you going to stop the trend on three dollars a day if your in their shoes? Is your family or the great and mighty invasion more important to you? Many attempt to learn English, many waived American flags at the rallies, many pay taxes, many attempt to have Citizenship papers, many fill up ESL class. They are doing more than just learning our language.

2.How many have really burned the American Flag?! Illegal Immigrants change you to act like them?!?! Remember you didn't leave because it "sucked ass" you left because their were extremely insufficient paid wages in Mexico.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:10 PM

What about the ones that have the five year plan? Get together their buddies, cram into a house to save money only to go back to Mexico with enough money to live off a very long time. yet they use our services and dont pay back. Sorry not ok....

Old 03-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Again not my issue.
If it's not your issue, then how can you label someone a criminal for trying to sufficiently provide for him/her and their family?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
1. At least your honest, a burden to society though, remember an individual crossing illegally is an individual decision, not corporate, they are not looking to cause multiple felonies in the United States, sorry to those who wish that was the case. They have 30 million already here, are you going to stop the trend on three dollars a day if your in their shoes? Is your family or the great and mighty invasion more important to you? Many attempt to learn English, many waived American flags at the rallies, many pay taxes, many attempt to have Citizenship papers, many fill up ESL class. They are doing more than just learning our language.

2.How many have really burned the American Flag?! Illegal Immigrants change you to act like them?!?! Remember you didn't leave because it "sucked ass" you left because their were extremely insufficient paid wages in Mexico.
How do you know it isnt their intentions? Have you polled all of them or just making wide generalizations? Everytime they give false info or buy false papers or use someone elses SS#, they know it is wrong, they dont care, every time they use our services without payment and close hospitals and affect school budgets, they know it is wrong, but they dont care. I saw many many Mexican flags waving on that day, and many many Us Flags burned here in Phx. I saw news of it all around the country, only the blind and misinformed choose to ignore it.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Quote:
If you can't afford to feed your family, it sucked ass.

I live in south Florida. I have seen these protests, first hand. Though, I don't think they're as bad here as they are in California. There is a big difference between a Cuban and a Mexican. You can call me racist if you want, but it's true. Then again, would you call me racist for saying there's a difference between a German and a Frenchman?

There are people burning flags. There are many who don't know any English. There are hospitals that are laying off nurses because they can't afford to pay them. Why? Because of all of the illegals who have received medical treatment, but didn't pay. These are tangible issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration